Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme Changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
But that Avios doesn't exists. Not until I complete my stay (in the case of booking.com). So I don't actually have that Avios. It is pending and wont appear until say December for some of them.
If they move everything smoothly over to BA, I am pretty sure that pending Avios will be lost, as it's not in my account.
It is explained in the FAQs on this page:

If I collect now, will my pending Avios be transferred?

Absolutely. So please feel free to collect as many Avios as you like before, during and after the move.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:30 am

For reference, below is the personalised email I received today. In my case I have:
- an AerClub account linked to my Avios.com account
- a BAEC account to which I have previously transferred from Avios.com, and which Avios.com correctly recognises
- the Lloyds credit card

Originally Posted by Avios.com
In the coming months, the Avios Travel Rewards Programme will move to the British Airways Executive Club. As you are also registered with AerClub and/or Vueling Club, your Avios balance will remain in your AerClub and/or Vueling Club account. You’ll still be able to collect and spend Avios with these airline programmes as you do today.

So that you can continue earning with your Avios collecting credit card and collect with UK partners including Tesco and Shell in the future, there are some changes that you’ll need to be aware of.Don’t worry, your Avios are safeYour Avios balance is secure and any existing bookings and pending transactions are safe.

What you need to know
Once the Avios Travel Rewards Programme has closed, all Avios earned with your Avios collecting credit card will go into your existing British Airways Executive Club account below. We’ll be in touch to let you know when this happens.
Account Number: [Correct BAEC Number]

If these details are incorrect, call us on 0344 49 333 49 before 20 May 2018. In the meantime, you can collect and spend Avios as normal.You’ll be able to benefit from moving your Avios between accounts so you can spend them where you wish.

Any Upgrade Vouchers or Worldwide Companion Tickets you may have are still valid but won’t show in your British Airways Executive Club account online. So when you want to spend them, you’ll need to call 0344 49 333 49.

If you don’t wish to have any future Avios earned with your Avios collecting credit card awarded into your British Airways Executive Club account, you must notify us by 20 May 2018 to opt out.

You can visit avios.com/travelrewards to find out more about opting out as well as answers to the most frequently asked questions.T

Thank you for being a valued member and for your continued loyalty.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:55 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Did you sign up for the EI new account promo to get some bonus Avios? That's what did it for me.
Did you get your 250 bonus Avios though?! I never did...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Me neither. Might write to Avios requesting them seeing as they clearly have loads of CRM resource atm.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Me neither. Might write to Avios requesting them seeing as they clearly have loads of CRM resource atm.
No, I did not now that you mention it!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Myself plus 2 family members never received them either. I tried to contact Aerclub once but agent was not the brightest and never did anything after stating they would be applied.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by flashware
Did you sign up for the EI new account promo to get some bonus Avios? That's what did it for me.
Yes, and I never got them!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I guess we won't be seeing any more transfer bonus promos!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:06 am

I am another one who got nothing. Maybe its time to have a group chase up.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
But that Avios doesn't exists. Not until I complete my stay (in the case of booking.com). So I don't actually have that Avios. It is pending and wont appear until say December for some of them.
If they move everything smoothly over to BA, I am pretty sure that pending Avios will be lost, as it's not in my account.
Couldn't you transfer them directly to BAEC? TCB does transfers to BAEC and Avios.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Couldn't you transfer them directly to BAEC? TCB does transfers to BAEC and Avios.
He’s talking about pending estore transactions for which no Avios would’ve been credited yet.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Mom my parents have 17000 between them and being elderly and based in Southampton find the trek to Heathrow more stressful though they love BA and the GC lounges.

We we were going to set up an Avios account for them each and move the miles from BAEC to Avios to book Flybe flights from Southampton to Edinburgh is this going to be possible, I can’t see on FAQs.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Interesting...did we see this coming?
It's been known/on the cards for months, especially in the London area.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
I think there's are lot to come that we haven't seen yet!

This might have interesting implications for those of us who can't earn Avios in various ways because we're not residing in the UK.
In relation to Booking.com, earning Avios has always been restricted to UK residents only. However once these changes come into force will those Booking.com restrictions be lifted and opened up to other BAEC members living outside the UK?

Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:04 pm
Suspended

@lightyear40,Good questions. With so many new questions and scenarios raised by members like you, I start to wonder whether BA/IAG realised how complex this task it is going to be by closing Avios Travel Rewards while maintain the same level of service and commercial contracts!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.