Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's No Bedding in F Worth?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by simons1
The OP was on a night flight. You admitted you were on a day flight.

You made some point about it happened to you and you didn't complain, however when challenged admitted it would have been different if you too had been on a night flight.

If you think that little comparison is likely to assist the OP I'm honestly surprised.
Very harsh I think, not sure why you feel so strong about my post. Oh well, on with the weekend
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Very harsh I think, not sure why you feel so strong about my post. Oh well, on with the weekend
Well read post 77 again then. Flippent comment about "it happened to me and I didn't complain" in a style which clearly trivialises what the OP says. Only for us to find you weren't even flying on a night flight where one night think that bedding is a fairly central item....
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
I think 5K is a bit light for this. But I also think that there are many elements that make the F experience, not least of which is the primary objective, to transport you from A to B. Also, there is the dining, lounges, Avios bonus, service, I could go on and on. So 5K is too light, but isn't way out imo.
Then you and the OP can fly economy and pocket the difference in cost between that and First which is meant to be a whole collective of better services. I welcome the day when you are told by the crew on a First flight when you are ask for your bed to made up that they there is no bedding but here are 5,000 Avios, will you really be happy in that situation?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:21 am

Well read post 77 again then. Flippent comment about "it happened to me and I didn't complain" in a style which clearly trivialises what the OP says. Only for us to find you weren't even flying on a night flight where one night think that bedding is a fairly central item....
Look I think something is getting out of hand here. This was my quote:

This happened to me last year LHR-ORD and I didn't bother claiming.
If I had meant any deception over whether or not it was a night flight, I would hardly have put the route LHR-ORD in, would I? I simply added this as my own experience, without much thought, no trivialisation meant at all (which I hope may come through with my posts in this thread, including promptly and honestly responding to rossmacd when he asked me). I honestly wonder if you are viewing things through a certain lens here.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Msclelovr
I'm a leisure traveller and regularly pay to travel in F for long-haul.
And you willingly chose BA on that route?
nollbit likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Did you just land after a bad night in F ? Not sure what you're adding here...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Looking at this from a slightly different angle...While a 'compensation culture' has lots of negative connotations - ambulance chasers, people faking whiplash etc, the principle that a service failure has an impact on an organisation's bottom line is sound. 5000 (£40?) doesn't seem to me to do the job in ensuring BA moves mountains to ensure it doesn't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.