Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's No Bedding in F Worth?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

The last time I flew first with your beloved QR they had not loaded bedding, wash bags or pyjamas in first.
So two wrongs make a right? I suspect my strength of feeling for my ‘beloved QR’ is less than yours very obviously is for BA. Such loyalties can all too easily blind us to the failings of the advertised product; that is what we should be focusing on, not resorting to playground taunts.
passy777 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Tim_T
the next one is tonight!
indeed. I was referring to the one before and the one after the present one
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My lasting memory of flying in F from SIN-LHR was how hot the 747 F cabin was so the last thing on my mind was to get cosy using " a luxurious quilted mattress, crisp white cotton duvet and pillow while you slip into a pair of our wonderfully soft cotton pyjamas". Stripping off and lying on top of the bed with just my boxer shorts on would have been more appropriate but the wife wouldn't allow it.

In answer to the OP's question. I think the they're perfectly within their rights to claim some sort of compensation. I would be happy for a free upgrade voucher which probably doesn't exist or the same amount in Avios to cover a CW-F upgrade on the SIN-LHR route.
Agreed, I always find it too warm to actually sleep under the provided bedding, so I sleep on top and treat it all as a mattress pad.

I would push for an upgrade voucher that does not require award class availability over Avios as the former would likely be easier to use.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Well it looks like the Blue Moon analogy is somewhat accurate.

On BA183 LHR/JFK last night (dep 19.50) we also experienced lack of F bedding. I ended up with bedding from CW and an apology. Waiting response from CS. I suppose I should be grateful it was on JFK route so the better CW bedding. About half the F cabin were without and I believe J was also pretty full so not sure if some in J had to go without as we had effectively taken theirs.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Can I help you
5,000 is the correct amount of compensation according to our Framework, wether it is enough I will leave others to decide.
Saying that the crew sleeping bag would be in my opinion be far superior as a mattress cover as it is double thickness of the normal one.
The pillow would have been the standard one and even though you say it was creased the cover would have been changed.
The problem would be the missing duvets which are hold loaded from LHR.
How embarrassing. I would insist that 5,000 avios not be deposited in my acount because its insulting. No proper blankets and pillows (maybe given some used ones) - totally ridiculous.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My lasting memory of flying in F from SIN-LHR was how hot the 747 F cabin was so the last thing on my mind was to get cosy using " a luxurious quilted mattress, crisp white cotton duvet and pillow while you slip into a pair of our wonderfully soft cotton pyjamas". Stripping off and lying on top of the bed with just my boxer shorts on would have been more appropriate but the wife wouldn't allow it.

In answer to the OP's question. I think the they're perfectly within their rights to claim some sort of compensation. I would be happy for a free upgrade voucher which probably doesn't exist or the same amount in Avios to cover a CW-F upgrade on the SIN-LHR route.
What beautiful imagery!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Perhaps some responders have not taken into consideration that the flight is probably the one that leaves SIN at 22.35 or 23.15 and not having bedding is probably a major part of the "overnight" experience.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
What beautiful imagery!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:04 am

5k seems very low. I had an F flight where I got on board, went to sleep, and requested the bacon roll when I woke up. Was told they'd run out, so I emailed a complaint that it was crazy that the only f&b request I had wasn't able to be provided. 10k avios were provided by return.
No bedding on an overnight flight, when BA know everyone will want to sleep? I'd say that was a significant service failure.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by NewForester
As Alex Cruz stated in China last week that he thinks 5,000 Avios is worth £40 shouldn't that be the benchmark?
If Alex Cruz thinks that 5,000 Avios is worth £40 then he shouldn't be selling them for £95.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by popmagnet
If Alex Cruz thinks that 5,000 Avios is worth £40 then he shouldn't be selling them for £95.
It is called profit margin ;-)
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gshumway
It is called profit margin ;-)
True I suppose if he said/meant 'costs' rather than 'is worth'. Still, 138% is a pretty healthy profit margin if he did!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by popmagnet
True I suppose if he said/meant 'costs' rather than 'is worth'. Still, 138% is a pretty healthy profit margin if he did!
This kind of margin is very normal across all airlines and hotel chains.
5k is not to be sniffed at. That could buy OP a nice one way to Amsterdam, and best of all no bedding needed on that trip.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
This kind of margin is very normal across all airlines and hotel chains.
5k is not to be sniffed at. That could buy OP a nice one way to Amsterdam, and best of all no bedding needed on that trip.
You are joking.

As mentioned earlier, I flew to Vegas at the time when anyone who got the old seat got 50k each way plus, in my case, 3 bottles of F champagne. And I knew I would get that seat on booking and, in size, it was the same as the new seat.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by Raffles

You are joking.

As mentioned earlier, I flew to Vegas at the time when anyone who got the old seat got 50k each way plus, in my case, 3 bottles of F champagne. And I knew I would get that seat on booking and, in size, it was the same as the new seat.
But this isn't about the functionality of the seat, this is just a few sheets missing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.