Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's No Bedding in F Worth?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Msclelovr
I quoted to them what the BA website says about First bedding " a luxurious quilted mattress, crisp white cotton duvet and pillow while you slip into a pair of our wonderfully soft cotton pyjamas" as none of this was provided.
I was going to suggest recourse via the CRA 2015, but I see c-w-s has already flagged this up. For BA to be able to get away with this is totally unacceptable, but maybe a sign of the times.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pointshigh
We also scooped 50000 each for old first a couple of years ago, on another F flight, they were short of duvets and gave the hubby one from J (he couldn't have cared less) and after profusely apologizing the flight attendant surprised him with a bag filled with 36 little bottles of Johnnie Walker Black, lol It was totally unneccesary but appreciated!
Took me 4 attempts not to read that as 36 litre bottles of Johnnie Walker! That would be impressive.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by endoman
Took me 4 attempts not to read that as 36 litre bottles of Johnnie Walker! That would be impressive.
Yes, me too - an interesting reading Freudian slip
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So if 5k Avios is worth £75 for the sake of argument.
As Alex Cruz stated in China last week that he thinks 5,000 Avios is worth £40 shouldn't that be the benchmark?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

I was going to suggest recourse via the CRA 2015, but I see c-w-s has already flagged this up. For BA to be able to get away with this is totally unacceptable, but maybe a sign of the times.

Let's assume such a claim was successful, how much do you think it would be worth?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My lasting memory of flying in F from SIN-LHR was how hot the 747 F cabin was so the last thing on my mind was to get cosy using " a luxurious quilted mattress, crisp white cotton duvet and pillow while you slip into a pair of our wonderfully soft cotton pyjamas". Stripping off and lying on top of the bed with just my boxer shorts on would have been more appropriate but the wife wouldn't allow it.

In answer to the OP's question. I think the they're perfectly within their rights to claim some sort of compensation. I would be happy for a free upgrade voucher which probably doesn't exist or the same amount in Avios to cover a CW-F upgrade on the SIN-LHR route.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
....................Stripping off and lying on top of the bed with just my boxer shorts on would have been more appropriate but the wife wouldn't allow it.
Oh dear ...... the very thought.

Good to hear that your wife appreciated that it would have been far from ‘appropriate’ as far as other passengers (let alone crew) were concerned.

I suspect even the CAA would be concerned by such behaviour ......
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Let's assume such a claim was successful, how much do you think it would be worth?
You say yourself that ‘the bedding has always been on request’. BA appears incapable of anticipating a 100% request rate for F bedding.

Not that it should even be a consideration, but what is the cost to BA of arranging 100% F bedding provision? A series of successful CRA 2015 claims in the £100s range might change BA’s attitude towards their F passengers - then again, it might not.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You say yourself that ‘the bedding has always been on request’. BA appears incapable of anticipating a 100% request rate for F bedding.
For the posts in this thread clearly something has gone wrong, however normally BA have well over 100% loading for the passenger numbers. E.g. my recent SEZ-LHR had bedding for all 8 potential passengers, but there was only one such passenger in F. Therefore a more accurate version would be "BA appears once in a freaky blue moon incapable of anticipating.....".
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:31 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For the posts in this thread clearly something has gone wrong, however normally BA have well over 100% loading for the passenger numbers. E.g. my recent SEZ-LHR had bedding for all 8 potential passengers, but there was only one such passenger in F. Therefore a more accurate version would be "BA appears once in a freaky blue moon incapable of anticipating.....".
There is a blue moon tonight 😳
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
This thread alone (still just a couple of days old .....) has six different reports of missing / inadequate bedding loaded in BA F cabins.

Those freaky blue moons are seemingly not so freaky as one might think.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:38 am

A blue moon occurs approximately once every 33 months. Are we agreed that it’s OK for BA to have insufficient F bedding approximately, say, once every 33 flights?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
A blue moon occurs approximately once every 33 months. Are we agreed that it’s OK for BA to have insufficient F bedding approximately, say, once every 33 flights?
The previous blue moon was only last January and the next will be in "just" 14 months
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Not that it should even be a consideration, but what is the cost to BA of arranging 100% F bedding provision? A series of successful CRA 2015 claims in the £100s range might change BA’s attitude towards their F passengers - then again, it might not.
You will also note I said there is no excuse for the failure to load bedding. This is not a regular occurrence, and is not an issue unique to BA. The last time I flew first with your beloved QR they had not loaded bedding, wash bags or pyjamas in first. What compensation did I get? Nothing.

You suggest claims for missing bedding are worth £100s, how have you arrived at that figure? If the OP pursues a claim under the CRA, s/he will have to establish the value of her claim. S/he cannot simply pull a figure out of thin air, so any guidance you can offer in arriving at your figure may be helpful.
RJD1983 and PETER01 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:36 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Lefly
The previous blue moon was only last January and the next will be in "just" 14 months
the next one is tonight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.