Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Deleted.

Last edited by Trent900; Aug 17, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA464 - 17th August

Nice meeting a fair few of you today on BA464. To those on the Back-to-Back, enjoy. ^

And to the madman who has gone landside for a cigarette on a Back to Back, best of luck getting back for your flight.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Three from Thursday (including the obligatory wingtip shots).

Waiting for us at the C gates - and I've only just noticed the '350 - 1K' parking mark next to the nose wheel!

Cruising over Spain

Beautiful!
BotB, allturnleft and tynmar like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DrLibra

Agree, service was very slow. I was in 4A on 465 on Thursday and they forgot to offer me anything. The whole service felt chaotic, everyone running around looking confused..
That was the same flight I was in and I thought you were served relatively quickly. I was in row 9. Crew was incredibly apologetic while firmly putting the blame on the service routine and their lack of familiarity with the aircraft. It seemed to me that they did far too little for too long, although I assumed they were attending to the rear CW cabin, but then it all got hectic and they hardly managed to finish the service. The aircraft is amazing but they must improve the service.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by george77300
<snip> And to the madman who has gone landside for a cigarette on a Back to Back, best of luck getting back for your flight.
Don't leave us in suspense....did Alex67500 make it back on board for the return?

Originally Posted by peter h
Three from Thursday (including the obligatory wingtip shots).

Waiting for us at the C gates - and I've only just noticed the '350 - 1K' parking mark next to the nose wheel!

<snip>

Beautiful!
Great shots ^ (especially that wingtip...love it). ^

I included the A350 1k shot in this response as last night (16th) we must have spent about 15 minutes at the gate while they tried to attach an airbridge to door 2L, apparently this was the second time in 3 days that they had problems with the airbridge not being able to extend far enough down the aircraft to seal around the door correctly but also to get close enough to the door...so after all that time, it then moved back to door 1L and we disembarked from there...I did wonder if it was due to the marking not being quite right where the plane stops so that the door 2L is just that tad too far? Time will tell (it was a C gate for a data point in case that comes up again). That and the delays due to cargo had us getting off really quite a bit later than scheduled.

Wiki now updated to this post. The 4th and (last?) big party plane on the 25th now has 12 on it...anyone else care to join in on the MADness? Just 11 more days to try her out before it goes long haul.

Safe travels everyone. ^
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by BotB
Great shots ^ (especially that wingtip...love it). ^

I included the A350 1k shot in this response as last night (16th) we must have spent about 15 minutes at the gate while they tried to attach an airbridge to door 2L, apparently this was the second time in 3 days that they had problems with the airbridge not being able to extend far enough down the aircraft to seal around the door correctly but also to get close enough to the door...so after all that time, it then moved back to door 1L and we disembarked from there...I did wonder if it was due to the marking not being quite right where the plane stops so that the door 2L is just that tad too far? Time will tell (it was a C gate for a data point in case that comes up again). That and the delays due to cargo had us getting off really quite a bit later than scheduled.

Safe travels everyone. ^
My pic was at C66 and you can see the airbridge attached at 2L. When we arrived at MAD, being in 10A, I could easily see the crew around door 2L and it looked like they were expecting to disembark from there, but the airbridge went straight to 1L (I can't remember the gate number, but it was the one immediately south of the tower at T4S)
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by peter h
My pic was at C66 and you can see the airbridge attached at 2L. When we arrived at MAD, being in 10A, I could easily see the crew around door 2L and it looked like they were expecting to disembark from there, but the airbridge went straight to 1L (I can't remember the gate number, but it was the one immediately south of the tower at T4S)
Good to know thanks. ^ When we boarded on the 16th at MAD it was gate S29, they had both air bridges attached (door 1L and 2L, door 1 for all group 1 and 2 pax, door 2 for the heathen ). Not sure what gate it was at C last night though...

Cheers, safe travels.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Nice meeting a fair few of you today on BA464. To those on the Back-to-Back, enjoy. ^

And to the madman who has gone landside for a cigarette on a Back to Back, best of luck getting back for your flight.
Can 100% confirm that is doable. Me & pal did exactly this last week. Off the flight, On the train, two smokes, security, train & back to gate. B2B done !!
alex67500 and tynmar like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Can 100% confirm that is doable. Me & pal did exactly this last week. Off the flight, On the train, two smokes, security, train & back to gate. B2B done !!
Your next challenge, should you wish to accept, is:

-with a carry on, including a laptop in a case that requires it being removed, also with liquids that need to be removed.
-wearing a jacket, shoes and belt that must be removed
-with a non-EU passport

Challenge accepted?

Oh, and you still need to smoke two.
THEOBCMAN likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

I made it! Only just though
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:01 pm

Obligatory wingtip picture!

Plenty of room in the footwell

BotB, CaroFos, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:03 pm

And our landing in MAD
https://youtu.be/ClmKr55ve0k
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
465 was great tonight. Agree service was a little slow but sure it will improve as crews get familiar. The aircraft is brilliant and loved the new ClubSuite.

Was nice to meet some members from here too in the lounge at Madrid 😀
BotB and opus99 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:25 pm

Well I had a blast today. So nice to meet people from this board in the flesh. And that new bird is an absolute pleasure in the new suite. It is absolutely a massive upgrade on the current product, and IMHO it tickles the F product. The footwell isn't an issue at all (at 6ft and a side sleeper), the door is a bit of a gimmick but it's nice to have the option. I can see how service will be difficult though, the aisles are really narrow.

Looking at different seats, there was no difference between bulkheads and the others so it's mostly about windows, service and views. 1A was a bit noisy close to the galley, and I'm guessing rows 9 or 10 would wait a while for their meals... Again, options open depending on what you're looking for.

A very good day indeed

PS: Although I made it back just on time, I wouldn't advise a cigarette break at MAD on a B2B.
BotB, CaroFos, Deanog1976 and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Greetings from Hong Kong, and a real pleasure to meet some new FT faces in the CCR. It was so quiet after y’all left @morges1 and I continued the party on board BA31.

Glad you all enjoyed your sojourn on the A350 ^
BotB, CaroFos, alex67500 and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.