Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
IMPORTANT NOTE - The partnership between Tesco Clubcard and British Airways is ending. Details in this thread: No more Avios from Tesco Clubcard [ends 18th January 2021]

Tesco, the major UK supermarket chain, allows you to convert Tesco Clubcard (CC) points to Avios. The standard earning rate is 1 CC point per 1 spent in store. They convert to Avios in the ratio of 1 CC point to 2.4 Avios or 2.5 Virgin miles.

Every quarter, your points are converted to coupons and mailed to you - they can then be converted via the CC website to Avios or Virgin miles. Typically, it takes 1-2 working days for a conversion to BA Avios to complete.

The key to rapidly earning large amounts of Avios is the regular bonus point offers where large amounts of points can be earned. The latest are listed below and discussed within this thread.

The last period for collecting Clubcard points ended on 22 October 2020.

The last day for collecting points in the current quarter is 28 January 2021. Note: The end of the Clubcard / BA partnership means that routine vouchers for points earned in the current quarter will be issued too late for conversion into Avios.

TopCashback (TCB)

You can no longer convert TCB cashback into Clubcard points and onto Avios. Cashback can still be transferred directly to your Avios account at rate of 1p = 1.05 Avios although this is not a great deal (although cheaper than buying them from BA).

Averagely exciting long-running points deals:

150 points on 5 spend on your first Tesco photo order http://www.tescophoto.com/home

Opportunities for FREE points:

Earn 25 points a month doing a customer survey (300 points a year) https://www.tescoviews.com/tesco/desktop/landing.do
Up to 150 points per survey at Shoppers Thoughts https://www.shopperthoughts.com/signup
Recycle your printer cartridges and get 100 points (mixed feedback on this one) https://www.therecyclingfactory.com/tesco/

Everyday points opportunities at Tesco:

- Tesco credit card (discussed in the first post of this thread)
- Tesco instore and online shopping 1 point per 1 http://www.tesco.com/
- Tesco Fuel 1 point per 2 http://www.tescopfs.com/
- Tesco Mobile 1 point per 1 topped up http://www.tescomobile.com/
- Tesco Clothing F&F 1 point per 1 http://www.clothingattesco.com/
- Tesco Pay+ - no current promotions

Points opportunities at Tesco partners:

ESSO - Collect points on fuel and shop goods http://essopoints.co.uk/#how . In general, this ended in June 2019 when Esso changed to the Nectar scheme. However, it is still possible to collect Clubcard points at Esso petrol stations that have a Tesco Express.

Print Wikipost

Tesco and BA master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by squawk
I never seem to get these - dont think Ive had any for at least 2-3 years now. Not sure quite why...
have you tried phoning the helpline to ask? This happened to me and I was advised that (for reasons that were never clear) I had been opted out of receiving communications, which appeared to include vouchers. I suspect there was a little flannel in all of this, but the end result was still a return to normal.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Row9
have you tried phoning the helpline to ask? This happened to me and I was advised that (for reasons that were never clear) I had been opted out of receiving communications, which appeared to include vouchers. I suspect there was a little flannel in all of this, but the end result was still a return to normal.
Very interesting, thanks Row9 - not something I would have thought of! In my case, I was still opted in to coupons, but the agent said that this does happen occasionally and it was sensible of me to check. So perhaps your tip will help someone else in future!
Row9 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Got some petrol off an Esso/Tesco Express site today, and the receipt advertised double points on fuel for the month of August at all Tesco/Esso Express sites. So 2 points per 3, so better than the 1 point per 2 you get at Tesco petrol stations. Whether that's worth the slightly more expensive petrol is up to you! For me as well the fact that I've got an Esso much closer to me than any Tesco station.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by Mordac
Got some petrol off an Esso/Tesco Express site today, and the receipt advertised double points on fuel for the month of August at all Tesco/Esso Express sites. So 2 points per 3, so better than the 1 point per 2 you get at Tesco petrol stations. Whether that's worth the slightly more expensive petrol is up to you! For me as well the fact that I've got an Esso much closer to me than any Tesco station.
At the moment using your BAPP at Tesco petrol stations gives you 2 extra Avios for every spent which to me is better value if you want the miles.
twincheeks likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
At the moment using your BAPP at Tesco petrol stations gives you 2 extra Avios for every spent which to me is better value if you want the miles.
The Esso stations with Tesco Express still show up as Tesco Petrol station on Amex, so you'll still get the bonus points.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Considering BA have been scrambling around for cash lately (100% bonus on Avios purchases, and the recent deal with AMEX), you'd think now would be the perfect time for a Tesco transfer bonus (funded by BA to raise cash). With the previous quarter's vouchers now landing in peoples accounts, can we expect a transfer offer any day now?
I've got some expiring vouchers this month, so will hold off cashing them in for a couple more weeks.
It would need to be at least a 50% bonus to make it comparable with the value I can get on attractions though.
kitbag1984 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:15 am

Still waiting on these silly ‘pet’ insurance points, have now cancelled just before the 3rd D/D payment was due to be taken. Is it Clubcard I should reach out to, to chase them up?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Considering BA have been scrambling around for cash lately (100% bonus on Avios purchases, and the recent deal with AMEX), you'd think now would be the perfect time for a Tesco transfer bonus (funded by BA to raise cash). With the previous quarter's vouchers now landing in peoples accounts, can we expect a transfer offer any day now?
I've got some expiring vouchers this month, so will hold off cashing them in for a couple more weeks.
It would need to be at least a 50% bonus to make it comparable with the value I can get on attractions though.
Agreed - also a toipcashback offer would help with putting cash in the bank.
Maybe Tesco +TCB only count for a really small proportion?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Agreed - also a toipcashback offer would help with putting cash in the bank.
Maybe Tesco +TCB only count for a really small proportion?
I expect a Tesco conversion bonus would generate a lot more cash than most of the art work they sold.
2002ad likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I transferred my points yesterday, so they'll probably do a bonus now
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
+1 for pet insurance taken out on 27th May and no points. Is it just me or a more common issue with points not appearing?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
+1 for pet insurance taken out on 27th May and no points. Is it just me or a more common issue with points not appearing?
+2, have now cancelled the policy after almost 3 months, would still like the points if possible, any idea how to chase?
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
+2, have now cancelled the policy after almost 3 months, would still like the points if possible, any idea how to chase?
I checked the promotion T&C's. There is no mention of a timescale other than the minimum length of time you had to retain the policy to be eligible for the bonus (35 days). I called the clubcard helpline and was told that a previous enquirer was told 90 days for the points. It seems that the clubcard agents did not know the answer. They suggested that they had heard that Tesco bank would be processing all of the points sometime in September.

They submitted a missing points form to Tesco Bank and I am waiting to hear back.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:09 am

Well... Of all the responses I thought Tesco would come back with, "you will need to contact Money Saving Expert" was not one of them.
Nothing to do with Tesco according to the agent who called me back.

I need popcorn.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Well... Of all the responses I thought Tesco would come back with, "you will need to contact Money Saving Expert" was not one of them.
Nothing to do with Tesco according to the agent who called me back.

I need popcorn.
Yikes! Let me know how it plays out please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.