Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Champagne/ Seat 25D

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Bearing in mind your signature, are you old enough to legally drink?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Phorbas

Since the catering changes, ‘short’ and ‘medium’ CE routes offer the smaller bottles, and ‘long’ routes have the full-sized bottles.
Not so for LGW - NUE or LHR - LIN. Large bottles.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
I was in 25D on a LHR-DUB flight on the 24th (by chance - I was late to check in and it was the furthest forward aisle seat available) and although my printed boarding pass did show an invite to the first wing with reference to 25D (which was a bit redundant as a BA Gold) there was no special treatment on board. Not that I was really expecting anything, but just another data point.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Only one confirmed sighting of this in the wild... on an 8am flight
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I was in 25D on one of today's LHR-IST flights on BA metal. No entry to First lounge, no champagne brought to seat. No 2000 Avios for flying within 'Christmas period'. Not really feeling the festive love from BA...
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
From the HFP Facebook page just now:

'Pfft was just on a short haul flight from Aberdeen to LHR BA1313 and I didn’t think it was real. Then out poped a champagne �� in a tray... I could see the cabin service assistant looking very confused for several mins... eventually she gave it to 23D and promptly ran off...'
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I'm honestly surprised to see a few Silvers and Golds stating that they switched to 25D when they can have as much bubbly as they can drink in the lounge before the flight.
Originally Posted by simons1
Only on FT would you find people with sufficiently large egos to start questioning what brand it is, how much it costs etc etc.
Let's face it: If someone is doing something like moving themselves to 25D because of this, it's got next to nothing to do with having a glass of bubbly on the flight. But it would be an action that's consistent with much of the other discussion on FT, particularly of the negative kind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.