Wiki Posts
Search

Free Champagne/ Seat 25D

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I've had 3 HFP readers email who got lounge access (Galleries First!) today across LHR and LGW for being in 25D. No in flight feedback yet.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
My father flew out of Heathrow this morning and I'd switched him to 25D. He got Galleries First lounge access as 3 others have experienced, but no champagne in flight as so few bottles had been loaded, and they sold out in CE before remembering to put one aside for the promotion. He got a complimentary Bombay Sapphire gin instead, but had to pay for the tonic water !!!
orbitmic, BERbound and mikeyfly like this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by seattle29
He got a complimentary Bombay Sapphire gin instead, but had to pay for the tonic water !!!
How very Ryanairesque!

orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by seattle29

He got a complimentary Bombay Sapphire gin instead, but had to pay for the tonic water !!!
Understandable I guess.

I always ask my own guests to pay for tonic (or supply their own). Especially at Christmas .......

Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Oh, on a recent CE they were full sized. I thought they changed to the full sized wine bottles as part of the catering changes in MAR/APR? So they changed back?
Since the catering changes, ‘short’ and ‘medium’ CE routes offer the smaller bottles, and ‘long’ routes have the full-sized bottles.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I told the person I sit next to at work to select 25D for their flight to ARN tonight. They just got an Heathrow and they have been surprised with First lounge access as well. They previously were not big BA flyers but sure this will win them over.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Understandable I guess.

I always ask my own guests to pay for tonic (or supply their own). Especially at Christmas .......

I believe that is exactly what Debretts recommends
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Raffles
I've had 3 HFP readers email who got lounge access (Galleries First!) today across LHR and LGW for being in 25D.
That would be a pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting BA to do that.
subject2load likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by Raffles
I've had 3 HFP readers email who got lounge access (Galleries First!) today across LHR and LGW for being in 25D. No in flight feedback yet.
MUCH better idea than champagne service in the seat.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Phorbas

Since the catering changes, ‘short’ and ‘medium’ CE routes offer the smaller bottles, and ‘long’ routes have the full-sized bottles.
actually, it’s small bottles on short and full sized on medium and long. In fact, bottle size is the only difference between short and medium band catering as food is the exact same (except for ultra short MAN, LBA etc which has further simplified food service).
hugolover and Phorbas like this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hugolover
Quick word search of the thread, I can't see anyone saying it would "annoy" them, only you use that word? Nor any recent posts along that line?

Originally Posted by Ziz
I think this is too little too late. The passenger in 25D might get a little thrill from their champagne, but everyone else will either be unimpressed or irritated.
and if unimpressed and irritated isn't close enough to "annoy" for you then how about

Originally Posted by nallison
So they do something that will in the end only benefit those in the know, and annoy more people than it pleases. While other airlines just give everyone a free drink... absolutely clueless.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
On my flight last night heard the CSD briefing his crew on this gesture, he then stated that unfortunately there was no one sat in 25D but as there were a couple of GCHs in the cabin give them a glass each.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
I’m sure a lot of people traveling economy may not be able to afford the ‘cheap’ champagne from Sainsbury’s you mentioned in you post, so changing seats to be able to receive a sparkling wine o’r whatever, I’m sure they would appreciate it if they didn’t have to pay for it.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I tried blind testing some expensive bubbly, branded cava and the Italian stuff. The differences were not worth the extra money.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
There seems to be a lack of feedback on the people receiving the free champagne.
Has BA been blocking 25D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.