Wiki Posts
Search

Selecting CW seats - no status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK, KL, FI
Selecting CW seats - no status

Mrs. DKflyer65 and I have separate round trip bookings CPH-LHR-LAX-HNL. Mine is company travel booked via travel agent; my wife's is booked through ba.com. The LHR-LAX and LAX-LHR legs were booked in WT+ and we since did UUA to CW for both of us on the LAX-LHR leg. None of us have BAEC status, although I was previously Silver. For some reason I can select seats for free - and I have reserved 53A on LAX-LHR.

Why can I select my seats with no status (this is not a complaint, obviously) - and is there a way to select 53B for Mrs. DKflyer65 without handing out the 100+ GBP fee?

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Some travel agents have a special arrangement with BA so that perks are included - like seat reservations.

i dont know how youll get the seat next to you reserved though (without paying)
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Im afraid you can select seats on your booking as part of the corporate package. Without status you are unable to link the bookings and without status you can not select your wifes seats for free.

this is a perk of status with BA, which suits their regular flyers who are able to select the best seats even when they dont book well in advance. Other carriers favour the early booker.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by navylad
this is a perk of status with BA,
To be specific, a GCH/OWE perk (silver and bronze can't select seats for pax on a separate PNR)
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK, KL, FI
Thanks all - we'll hope for good options to get seats together at OLCI then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.