Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Anybody else heard the rumour that Newrest could be getting a chunk?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CharlotteC

Better than starting a petition but a share in BA or its parent company which gives you the right to raise a question at the AGM! If enough people do this...
Online petitions are far more effective now with an ever more connected world...just have a look at Snapchat, a petition was created regarding the very recent overhaul of their interface app, it’s got 1,000,000 plus signatures.

An annual general meeting just isn’t quick enough in today’s world where online communities impact (in its various forms) is huge and incredibly quick at providing information (negative or positive). Not to say an AGM or shareholder doesn’t serve its purpose.

An example would be the story regarding this catering, turning into a fiasco, has now been ‘published’ online to an audience which can be shared rapidly online through various communities (whether its Facebook, LinkedIn etc) and could eventually reach a major tabloid journalists inbox/page and reach an even wider audience. BA will then have to react and acknowledge or simply ignore but will have longer term consequences on the brand and their NPS score. As we’ve already seen.

Let’s see what else comes of all this...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by amanx
What does the Kosher special meal consist of?
The kosher meals out of Heathrow are excellent (provided you aren't unlucky enough to get a "breakfast", which is dire even in F). They are catered by Hermolis, based in Wembley, which is probably the best kosher airline caterer in the world.

However, kosher meals from other places can be awful, so take care. New York is so-so, TLV about the same, but some outstations serve long life meals which would barely be suitable as dog food.

Another point to bear in mind is that once you have ordered any type of special meal your chances of an upgrade are close to zero.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by mikebg
The kosher meals out of Heathrow are excellent (provided you aren't unlucky enough to get a "breakfast", which is dire even in F). They are catered by Hermolis, based in Wembley, which is probably the best kosher airline caterer in the world.

However, kosher meals from other places can be awful, so take care. New York is so-so, TLV about the same, but some outstations serve long life meals which would barely be suitable as dog food.

Another point to bear in mind is that once you have ordered any type of special meal your chances of an upgrade are close to zero.
Hermolis, as a Kosher food provider, are horrendous. However, on a plane, they're the only available option.

The Kosher meal has always been a case of quantity over quality, but that is the mantra of Hermolis in general.

My other-half, and a few good friends of mine, keep Kosher*. They tend to order the Kosher meal for Y/W, but stick to the standard menu for J/F. Why? Because there is usually a fish option or vegetarian option which is tastier than the Hermolis meal.

M

*Without getting too detailed, there are varying degrees of Kosher, but only the strictest would refuse to eat fish/vegetarian on the plane.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hermolis, as a Kosher food provider, are horrendous. However, on a plane, they're the only available option.

The Kosher meal has always been a case of quantity over quality, but that is the mantra of Hermolis in general.

My other-half, and a few good friends of mine, keep Kosher*. They tend to order the Kosher meal for Y/W, but stick to the standard menu for J/F. Why? Because there is usually a fish option or vegetarian option which is tastier than the Hermolis meal.

M

*Without getting too detailed, there are varying degrees of Kosher, but only the strictest would refuse to eat fish/vegetarian on the plane.
Without going too much off topic, I am one of those you call "only the strictest". I only eat kosher supervised food. I usually travel in F with BA, sometimes in J. The kosher meals I have had from Hermolis have almost always been excellent (unless they are breakfast) and have often received envious looks from the crews. If you take a look at the thread about BA food, you will find some of my pictures. The only thing I can't get with the kosher meal is soup. Never mind. It would be nice, but I can get a kosher soup in the CCR beforehand.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by LUFTY
I have not received slow service in Club World so maybe it is specific to First ?
Well I have. Mostly. Maybe it depends on where you sit in the cabin? I usually prefer the last row of the smaller cabin, which (as I recall) is usually the one rearmost. The wait between the cold starter being served and the main can be interminable.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Seems BA used a few people from this forum as pawns in their little disinformation game, which is very sad. Hopefully people will be a little less willing to blindly accept the hype in future and ask a few critical questions. Of course if people lie to your face there's nothing anyone can do, but it's a shame they put people in that position, is there any morality left at the top of the company? I feel for the staff most of all who have to work under this shower - we see from those who post here what a toxic environment it has become.
switch007 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Are you able to explain why you think the service is taking so much longer? This is a genuine question, not a criticism as such - I've never been cabin crew, so have absolutely no idea about how it all works, but am curious as to why having the starters and desserts on display changes the service routine so much. To me that seems to be the main difference with the new service, but perhaps there is much more going on behind the scenes?
Surely it’s obvious ? Part of it the hand delivery of main meals from the galley, rather than serving from a trolley ?

Also, service of the starters and desserts, where passengers are invited to look st the trolley display and then make choices, will always take longer than the old way where you are given a menu and asked to make all of your choices in advance...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by CharlotteC

Better than starting a petition but a share in BA or its parent company which gives you the right to raise a question at the AGM! If enough people do this...
Waste of time - you will get the usual BABS routine so beloved by some of our number.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:01 pm

I am curious as to how the service is bedding down on the JFK route where it has been a fixture for some time.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Lets bear in mind that a crew can be slow of the blocks with the old service for various reasons - so Im not sure "we waited for the pre Departure Bev for X minutes" is that relevant.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The honest truth is that it’s not.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The honest truth is that it’s not.
Thanks. Any clarification though on what 'it's not' actually means for this route?

I ask because it may give an insight into what may be possible (or not) for the new routes after the inevitable teething troubles. ie how much is teething, and how much is simply not feasibly possible ever?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by mikebg
Without going too much off topic, I am one of those you call "only the strictest". I only eat kosher supervised food. I usually travel in F with BA, sometimes in J. The kosher meals I have had from Hermolis have almost always been excellent (unless they are breakfast) and have often received envious looks from the crews. If you take a look at the thread about BA food, you will find some of my pictures. The only thing I can't get with the kosher meal is soup. Never mind. It would be nice, but I can get a kosher soup in the CCR beforehand.
I've eaten Hermolis sandwiches bought from a supermarket and they were the best ones in the store.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
JFK is the only route the have the higher cost Do&Co catering.
In light of this, my prediction is the JFK route will get a new CW seat next year and the rest of network will get new seat covers and IFE

oooo sorry, I’m mean but I couldn’t resist!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.