FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:15 am
mikebg

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hermolis, as a Kosher food provider, are horrendous. However, on a plane, they're the only available option.

The Kosher meal has always been a case of quantity over quality, but that is the mantra of Hermolis in general.

My other-half, and a few good friends of mine, keep Kosher*. They tend to order the Kosher meal for Y/W, but stick to the standard menu for J/F. Why? Because there is usually a fish option or vegetarian option which is tastier than the Hermolis meal.

M

*Without getting too detailed, there are varying degrees of Kosher, but only the strictest would refuse to eat fish/vegetarian on the plane.
Without going too much off topic, I am one of those you call "only the strictest". I only eat kosher supervised food. I usually travel in F with BA, sometimes in J. The kosher meals I have had from Hermolis have almost always been excellent (unless they are breakfast) and have often received envious looks from the crews. If you take a look at the thread about BA food, you will find some of my pictures. The only thing I can't get with the kosher meal is soup. Never mind. It would be nice, but I can get a kosher soup in the CCR beforehand.