Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

If you happen to be experiencing any issues with BA.com - suspected bugs, glitches, or other technical oddities, this thread is for you. Please post your experiences here, as others may have found a solution to the same problem and will be happy to assist.

I’ll set up the wikipost as a technical issues tracker.

This thread is a continuation of the previous http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...es-ba-com.html thread.

Important

We now have an official representative team from BA on BA.com-related issues, called ba.com Official (please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...flyertalk.html).

This thread is for technical issues you wish to report to ba.com team.

Please do not introduce any noise, chatter or clutter into this thread. It is very important for everyone that this thread remains clutter-free so that the issues can easily be seen by BA.com team and be dealt with. Thank you.

This thread is only for reporting technical issues and not for discussing them in a wider sense or for posting a wishlist of items. It would be most appreciated if you could keep this thread focused on what it is for - reporting technical issues including bugs and glitches on BA.com so that they can be addressed.

We (BA forum moderating team) really do not want to offend people but any clutter, chatter or noise will be removed without notice in order to keep this thread 'clean'.

Thank you.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jul 14, 2015 at 5:50 am Reason: Added a request
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
As those who were born at the time of the opening of Hong Kong's "new" airport rush headlong past sweet sixteen and towards adulthood, could BA's spelling of its name please be finally corrected?

It's Chek Lap Kok.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Does anyone else have an issue when trying to pay some money towards a BA Holiday? Whenever I get to the page to pay it comes up with 2 errors and I cannot select either a credit card type or the country - it has been like this now for over a week

aks120
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond
I am trying to book a flight with Avios on ba.com. I live in the US, am booking a round-trip from London to Madrid in July. I have tried 3 computers & 4 browsers, and I get "Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time." - I will try again tomorrow morning but wanted to post here in case someone had a solution. Thanks! squiddz
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
cannot tell you how many times I've been asked to and have filled in my advanced traveler info. only to be asked repeatedly to do it again, and again,and again,and again....

Firefox on Imac.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by squiddz
I am trying to book a flight with Avios on ba.com. I live in the US, am booking a round-trip from London to Madrid in July. I have tried 3 computers & 4 browsers, and I get "Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time." - I will try again tomorrow morning but wanted to post here in case someone had a solution. Thanks! squiddz

I'll leave my post here - but I was just able to complete my booking (2 hours later).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
I am trying to book LHR-SYD-LHR on BA 11/12 LHR-SIN and 15/16 SIN-SYD and ba.com is saying there is no availabilty in that class on the 15/16. Yet if you book right through LHR-SYD on the 15/16 (at the same price) the fare is displayed in WTP the whole way.

Edit - Problem Solved
Having spoken to a helpful BA Silver Sales agent, the reason the website was doing this is that T class is available on the first sector and not in the second, which only has E available. The website then defaults to the cheapest option with T which is T for the first sector and economy for the second However if you click on the small link for 'more flight options' the same flight then the same flights appear booked in WTP in both sectors for a higher fare - however without any pricing on that page in a much older style of booking interface from a few years back. I guess the fare structure is too complex to display in the current standard format. Something new learned today, but I don't think this functionality on the website is very intuitive!

Last edited by wyvern; Jan 8, 2015 at 1:37 am Reason: Problem solved
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
I priced by LHR-DUB & when my trip was confirmed I went back in the following day to actually make the booking.
Prices for every flight that day had gone up to more than £100 more than any CE seat.
I checked to see if a big sporting event had been announced in the last 24hrs.
There weren't so I went back tried the same booking without logging into my exec number & the prices had re-set.
I logged back in & tried the booking again & the prices had risen across the board once more.
I have held off making the booking but I'm guessing that ba.com's system had remembered my dummy bookings leading up to this & some glitch had thrown up these increased fare offerings.
I hope that's not the case though
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: Finnair Gold, BA Gold, LH FTL
This is an issue I discuss for nearly two years with BA now, but it never gets solved. Tried it via phone support also. So here I try again:

The rewards flight map does not show a single reward flight available on the map, with no filters set, 300000 avios to spend and London as a start point.

I have 3 PCs at home, one at work and tried all kind of browsers, no difference.

I am now using the same map on avios.com, there it works. But it should be possible to repair the one on ba.com also ?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi - first post so here goes...

Over the last 18 months every time I've tried to check in on line using a PC I have got stuck in a loop where I log in, go to MMB, click to check in online and then get directed to a page where I have to enter my booking ref and surname. This then takes me to my MMB page where I click check in online and then get taken to a page asking for booking ref and surname. Once this has been entered again I'm taken to the MMB page where I click check in online etc etc getting stuck in an infinite loop before I give up and then go to my phone app and check in that way.

I thought this may be a Firefox issue but this has happened with IE as well. Very frustrating but clearly not a wide spread issue as I assumed it would have been fixed by now... Last tried to book in on 22nd December 2014.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
I was double charged Avios by BA, basically what happened was this:

We were in CDG, missed our flight and facing the prospect of change fees or buying a new flight the agent advised us that given that Avios seats were available, we should try booking that.

I did so, selecting the Paypal option for payment, booking from my mobile phone. After submitting payment, the BA website said 'Our systems are not responding, try again', or words to that effect.

So I did.

I have now realised that in fact two bookings were made, and two sets of miles charged.

I assume that this is a problem with the interaction between Paypal and BA.com, but anyway it's pretty annoying....
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
POUG offer appeared in MMB, but could not see it anywhere in the app (using iPhone 5S). Where should I be looking?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Booked a TP run over the phone this evening. Was showing immediately in MMB and everything appeared fine. However, has now completely disappeared. Tried linking the booking/confirmation number and nothing. Payment is showing as pending on AMEX.

Is this just an issue with issuing the ticket and all will appear fine later on? A bit worried as had another booking that I had them cancel, and wonder if they have done this one by as well.

Tried to contact via twitter but BA having problems on there at present.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by madfish
Booked a TP run over the phone this evening. Was showing immediately in MMB and everything appeared fine. However, has now completely disappeared.
What do you see if you use the PNR / locator / reference on classic.checkmytrip.com?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
What do you see if you use the PNR / locator / reference on classic.checkmytrip.com?
Tried that earlier. Shows the following

The following error(s) occured
This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled. (4649)

That does worry me somewhat but could just be an issue with getting the flight ticketed. I know on the previous booking of this type it did take a day or two for the ticket to be issued, but this one seemed to come through straight away.

Off to check a dummy booking on AA.com to see if the seat reservations are still there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.