Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club

Just heard from a friend who got this from what he terms "a reliable source": It seems that the CCR card will cease as of the "refresh" of the CCR in 2019.

So it seems that "refresh" is the new "enhancement" ...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR (Gold for Life), AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinun
So after 3k TPs might as well switch to another carrier. BA really need to do something for those of us flying in excess of 5k TPs annually. My 2016 was 10k TPs.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg
Just heard from a friend who got this from what he terms "a reliable source": It seems that the CCR card will cease as of the "refresh" of the CCR in 2019.

So it seems that "refresh" is the new "enhancement" ...
My big boss is a BA Premier and he was on about this the other day. apparently they will stop the CCR card and stop sending it out. the cards are being re-designed and people entitled to CCR access will have CCR printed on there card i.e a gold card holder with GGL on the card will also have CCR printed on it and it will simply allow you access to CCR based on your status. it is not the end of the CCR as we know it; just simply the end of having a separate CCR card to carry in your wallet (apparently)
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BritNYC
So after 3k TPs might as well switch to another carrier. BA really need to do something for those of us flying in excess of 5k TPs annually. My 2016 was 10k TPs.
... and the additional benefits end at 9000 TPs as well, which is really weird.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm still not entirely clear on why there is a separate CCR card at all in the first place. Can you be CCR and not GGL?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Padmeister
My big boss is a BA Premier and he was on about this the other day. apparently they will stop the CCR card and stop sending it out. the cards are being re-designed and people entitled to CCR access will have CCR printed on there card i.e a gold card holder with GGL on the card will also have CCR printed on it and it will simply allow you access to CCR based on your status. it is not the end of the CCR as we know it; just simply the end of having a separate CCR card to carry in your wallet (apparently)
This does make sense and is a reasonable saving, both in cost, plastic and wallet space and follows the Gold Card/GGL Card reuse into a single card. With the alignment of GGL and EC membership years this change has been possible for some time.

I presume that those who earned a CCR card through being a regular flyer on the fast plane have cards without an expiry date and will be the only ones with a separate dedicated card.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant
I'm still not entirely clear on why there is a separate CCR card at all in the first place. Can you be CCR and not GGL?
I understood there were regular flyers of Concorde that were given cards as a 'thank-you' for their loyalty. This granted access regardless of individual Executive Club status level, but only to 'Concorde Rooms' lounges. I think this was done some years ago though after Concorde stopped flying.

ISTBC
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
No but you can be GGL and CCR (like me most years).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you could be until very recently. I met a CCR card holder (not earned by flying Concorde) who was not a GGL in the CCR a few months ago. I think that particular combination is coming to an end though and those remaining non-GGL CCR card holders are pretty rare now.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you could be until very recently. I met a CCR card holder (not earned by flying Concorde) who was not a GGL in the CCR a few months ago. I think that particular combination is coming to an end though and those remaining non-GGL CCR card holders are pretty rare now.
How did he manage that?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
You can be GGL, earned at 3000 points on a recurring basis, but not CCR.

So you earn a CCR/GGL first year at 5000 point, then reearn GGL subsequent years at 3000, I believe, I'm a mere Gold.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
It strikes me as very sensible to combine everything on one card, especially along the lines that Padmeister suggests above. I'm a big fan of reducing the amount of plastic in my wallet.

Last edited by NRGsaver; Jul 6, 2017 at 4:08 am Reason: typo correction
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by NRGsaver
It strikes me as very sensible to combine everything on one card, especially along the lines that Padmeister suggests above. I'm a big fan of reducing the amount of plastic in my wallet.
I'm a big fan of reducing the amount of plastic in my wife's wallet!
Beano HK likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
lol they should just stop cards all together and have it either on your iphone, or link it to your passport/biometrics so they can see you are eligible to enter.
Sealink and fin_dg like this.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
lol they should just stop cards all together and have it either on your iphone, or link it to your passport/biometrics so they can see you are eligible to enter.
I actually agree. Why we carry plastic cards in this day and age is beyond me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.