Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lolbert
what would make more sense is having CCR elegibility displayed on the screen when your boarding pass is scanned at the entrance to the CCR.
Be *very* careful what you wish for. The reason this is not possible today is that you can (for example) credit your flight to an alternative scheme (e.g. CX) but enter the lounges using your BA status from a card. As there's only one space in booking systems for your FF number, for this to work you'd need to use one scheme only... and while I'm sure BA would happily back a change to OW rules to force this, I'm sure some FTers would complain about the result...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:26 pm

Another story of the sunny uplands awaiting us - sunny uplands for the whole of the UK after Brexit and now sunny uplands for BA passengers in 2019.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
As there's only one space in booking systems for your FF number, for this to work you'd need to use one scheme only...
There are several fields on the PNR to record your frequent flyer number.

In particular, there are separate fields for earning (FQTV) versus status (FQTS).

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I stand to be corrected...
That's the main reason you'll find me on my feet.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Another story of the sunny uplands awaiting us - sunny uplands for the whole of the UK after Brexit and now sunny uplands for BA passengers in 2019.
Yeah, that tends to my view too: I have learnt to be wary of breathless incantations of how marvellous it's all going to be. I'll see you onboard ...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Padmeister

the end of the CCR card and access purely based on status
I read that to mean a CCR card alone wont get you in, you'll need to also be flying premium? If so that will ruffle a few feathers on here
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Silver

and for all the Champagne lovers out there; a very nice Champagne is coming apparently to BA F by the end of this year
This is good news. I'm curious about which Champagne it could be.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Flounge
This is good news. I'm curious about which Champagne it could be.
Castelnau^
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rapidex
Castelnau^
Vintage Castelnau
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Vintage Castelnau
From Tesco
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by 1010101
I read that to mean a CCR card alone wont get you in, you'll need to also be flying premium? If so that will ruffle a few feathers on here
I simply mean you will not have a CCR card in your wallet anymore or neither will anybody else if you are entitled to one! the card will go and along with new designs for the cards i.e people who have a blue, silver, gold card etc they are changing the look of them and people who are entitled to CCR access due to there status and lots of tier point earning with BA will be entitled to use the CCR as they do now.

for example a gold card with GGL written on it will also have CCR written on the card itself (if you have earned enough tier points) so in turn BA do not post out a separate card anymore it is all on one card
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:57 am

Sorry if I have confused anybody and not been clear about things I will shut up now
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Sorry if I have confused anybody and not been clear about things I will shut up now
Not at all - thanks so much for posting all this,.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:03 am

no need to shut up. Your contributions here have always enlightening and on the ball. Some of our brethren just like to scaremonger or pour cold water on any positive BA news.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I simply mean you will not have a CCR card in your wallet anymore or neither will anybody else if you are entitled to one! the card will go and along with new designs for the cards i.e people who have a blue, silver, gold card etc they are changing the look of them and people who are entitled to CCR access due to there status and lots of tier point earning with BA will be entitled to use the CCR as they do now.

for example a gold card with GGL written on it will also have CCR written on the card itself (if you have earned enough tier points) so in turn BA do not post out a separate card anymore it is all on one card
Thanks for clarifying! So change in qualification just the card concept?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks for clarifying! So change in qualification just the card concept?
NO change in qualification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.