Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Sometimes you run out of battery.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I actually agree. Why we carry plastic cards in this day and age is beyond me.
I've had to use both Virgin Australia and BA plastic before when something has gone wrong with a system somewhere and even though my FF number has been added to the booking it hasn't clocked the correct status. I guess I could have logged into the BA app or VFF but the plastic is simpler especially when you might not have data etc.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Sometimes you run out of battery.
Agreed which is why collapsing into a comfortable chair in the lounge is a lifesaver.

Edit: Ah you mean mobile battery - Some people just don't use smartphones.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jul 6, 2017 at 5:22 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Agreed which is why collapsing into a comfortable chair in the lounge is a lifesaver.

Even then all you need is your Exec card number and your ID! Still don't need the card. I assume CCR card holders would have memorized their exec card number given the amount of times they have flown!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Jimmie76

Good luck finding somewhere to charge your smartphone in the CCR. Incredible that it still doesn't have that many charge points - a fundamental lounge amenity!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I like the idea of not having a separate card too. I often travel without wallet so one less card to try to remember would be better. That said, I hope they do better than just 'print' CCR on it: typically, the 'GL' printed on my GGL card lasts about 10 days after the start of my year and then gets erased in my pockets/friction with other cards/etc.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Strikes me as bizarre that if the sole change is moving to not having a separate CCR card, it would take two years to do so (plus 13 months or so for those in circulation to expire)...what exactly is defining that timeline?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by apollo00
Strikes me as bizarre that if the sole change is moving to not having a separate CCR card, it would take two years to do so (plus 13 months or so for those in circulation to expire)...what exactly is defining that timeline?
it is not just the CCR card that is going. it is inline with changes in 2019 and this is just a part of it.

good changes not bad changes.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by paul4040
Good luck finding somewhere to charge your smartphone in the CCR. Incredible that it still doesn't have that many charge points - a fundamental lounge amenity!
I've come across a number of lounges where you actively have to seek out the bits to charge your phone, sometimes in the floor. Last I recall was the Stansted PP lounge, not a lot of charge points there...

I know some people have an unnatural love for their phones and want to use them as newspapers, railway tickets, boarding passes, but surely you're battery runs out a lot quicker than even mines which lasts about a day on a charge with a bit of facebook... It strikes me as this "phone used for everything" as just... Weird.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Makes sense to combine it on to one card although what would make more sense is having CCR elegibility displayed on the screen when your boarding pass is scanned at the entrance to the CCR.

In the days before GGL i was given a discretionary Concorde Card.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I actually agree. Why we carry plastic cards in this day and age is beyond me.
Plastic is a good backup plan for days like the 27/05/2017.

For the CCR card, I just have a photo of it in my phone and show that for CCR entry when I'm not traveling in F. The card itself doesn't have a magnetic strip or RFID chip, so a photo is as good as the card.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
it is not just the CCR card that is going. it is inline with changes in 2019 and this is just a part of it.

good changes not bad changes.
Did I miss something? I've searched without success for threads about a 2019 re-vamp. Please could you enlighten us? 'Good changes not bad changes' sounds encouraging...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I understood there were regular flyers of Concorde that were given cards as a 'thank-you' for their loyalty. This granted access regardless of individual Executive Club status level, but only to 'Concorde Rooms' lounges. I think this was done some years ago though after Concorde stopped flying.

ISTBC
ISTBC = ???
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I stand to be corrected...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by NRGsaver
Did I miss something? I've searched without success for threads about a 2019 re-vamp. Please could you enlighten us? 'Good changes not bad changes' sounds encouraging...
I cannot say much but the basics of it are:-

Changes to Concorde Room at T5 including the revamp
the end of the CCR card and access purely based on status
Card changes in design across all Tiers, blue, bronze, silver, gold etc
plans for improvements to First in line with the new CW (2019)
aircraft deliveries 2019 onwards with new CW and a further enhanced version of the First cabin (think of an even better version of 787-9 F)
number of seats in F to be less across new aircraft 787-10 and A350 deliveries. (the end of 14 seats in F except the A380 apparently)

Last edited by Padmeister; Jul 6, 2017 at 7:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.