Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Didn't work for me today and I had to show the card again. It seems so random...
Worked for me earlier en route to DUB.

Green tick popped right up.

M
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
Worked for me for the first time ever last night
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Worked for me for the first time ever last night
two weeks ago, refused entry till I showed the card, with both lounge attendants denying that the system is supposed to show eligibility (which is obviously wrong, but who can be asked to train BA’s staff if BA can’t be?)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
that’s what so random! Worked for me all month (5 or 6 consecutive visits), but not yesterday any more. I just don’t understand.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Today (after BP scan): "Welcome, I can see you're GGL, but do you have a CCR card?"

Saying I've been told never needing to show the card again, her reply was "Well, that's good, as long as you have a card, that's fine. Welcome in."
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yesterday afternoon I asked whether the system would tell them without having to show my card. After a few moments the agent told me (sounding quite surprised) that indeed it did.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikebg
Yesterday afternoon I asked whether the system would tell them without having to show my card. After a few moments the agent told me (sounding quite surprised) that indeed it did.
I think the best advice is to carry the CCR card (and have it in your hand at the entrance) until such time we are officially told it is no longer required. As with the example below, I too have had both the green tick and the red cross over the last couple of months.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
that’s what so random! Worked for me all month (5 or 6 consecutive visits), but not yesterday any more. I just don’t understand.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Had a green tick and a request for my CCR card earlier.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My Concorde Room card expires this week. I see that a renewal pack has been produced for my GGL card but no mention of a Concorde Room card.

Anyone with recent experience?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
My Concorde Room card expires this week. I see that a renewal pack has been produced for my GGL card but no mention of a Concorde Room card.

Anyone with recent experience?
Got a new CCR card a few weeks ago when I passed 5k before GGL renewal. No new GL card yet.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by teledude
Got a new CCR card a few weeks ago when I passed 5k before GGL renewal. No new GL card yet.
That is standard procedure. Each time you pass 5000TPs your CCR Card is automatically issued and will be valid until the end of your next Membership Year. Your GGL Card will only be issued at the end of your current Membership Year.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That is standard procedure. Each time you pass 5000TPs your CCR Card is automatically issued and will be valid until the end of your next Membership Year. Your GGL Card will only be issued at the end of your current Membership Year.
Thanks teledude and Tobias-UK.

I passed 5,000 tier points on 14 January, so it looks like something has not gone to plan. Will call the GGL line.

Edited to add: Called GGL and the person did not know why a new card had not been issued. She is going to contact the relevant department and said I should get a new card in a few days.
teledude likes this.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Feb 24, 2019 at 5:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.