Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I actually agree. Why we carry plastic cards in this day and age is beyond me.
I remember when there weren't any. Cash, postal order, cheque or tick were the options. No mobile phones or BAEC either for that matter.
Happy days....
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Padmeister
I cannot say much but the basics of it are:-

Changes to Concorde Room at T5 including the revamp
the end of the CCR card and access purely based on status
Card changes in design across all Tiers, blue, bronze, silver, gold etc
plans for improvements to First in line with the new CW (2019)
aircraft deliveries 2019 onwards with new CW and a further enhanced version of the First cabin (think of an even better version of 787-9 F)
number of seats in F to be less across new aircraft 787-10 and A350 deliveries. (the end of 14 seats in F except the A380 apparently)
This is in line with information I have been given. There will be noticeable changes in the Concorde Room by October this year. Some changes are coming to the BAEC, although tiers will remain.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I cannot say much but the basics of it are:-

Changes to Concorde Room at T5 including the revamp
plans for improvements to First in line with the new CW (2019)
aircraft deliveries 2019 onwards with new CW and a further enhanced version of the First cabin (think of an even better version of 787-9 F)
number of seats in F to be less across new aircraft 787-10 and A350 deliveries. (the end of 14 seats in F except the A380 apparently)
So is 5K TP based CCR access going away or not?

And I assume the existing 777s and 747s will keep their 14 F cabins as well or are they going to get a refresh?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I'm guessing the F cabin will be shrunk as the CW cabin gets replaced - so won't be touching the 747 nor some 777s, I guess. Maybe just the 77W will get a shrunk F cabin and the new CW?

Unrelated but I wonder if this is the beginning of a revenue-based programme...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA6501

Don't listen to this man....he's a scaremonger!!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
They'll be making GGL the new bronze to keep in line with the 2 years status a lot of us got
tapuach likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
I'm guessing the F cabin will be shrunk as the CW cabin gets replaced - so won't be touching the 747 nor some 777s, I guess. Maybe just the 77W will get a shrunk F cabin and the new CW?

I'm curious how many net additional seats they could get in the section between Door 1 and Door 2 on the 777 by splitting the space between F and J given the relatively higher density of BA F vs other F products. If CW stays as a straight forward front/back product it would seem they could only get 1 row in. So probably at best 8 J and 8 F.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
That one is certainly cryptic and could be interpreted in several different ways!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
number of seats in F to be less across new aircraft 787-10 and A350 deliveries....
Ha Ha!! I'm guessing these are exactly the changes that the importance of GGLs asked for at the F&M do...!!! Great to see Cruz listening so intently!

Last edited by crazy8534; Jul 6, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
that's good news - hopefully they will also CCR on the phone. I imagine that's exactly what they will do as GL is already on the phone.

Tho, I did lose my phone once at the airport. Luckily they still have their list.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is in line with information I have been given. There will be noticeable changes in the Concorde Room by October this year. Some changes are coming to the BAEC, although tiers will remain.
Hi Tobias,

yes indeed. changes for the Concorde Room will be very nice indeed if what I am told comes to light which I am sure it will.

BA finally know they have gone to far; the cost cutting has cost them (excuse the pun) and they know this! yes they are not going to admit it and of course they won't; what big company would? BUT changes are happening! they know now they have to make improvements and they are doing that. and finally for the love of god they are actually listening to customers now and good things are coming over the next two years which I am sure even the most hard to please people on FT will think fair enough that is a good idea and will show BA are now trying to turn things around!

and for all the Champagne lovers out there; a very nice Champagne is coming apparently to BA F by the end of this year
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:46 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I mean it sort of makes sense to stop sending out multiple cards etc
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:07 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
and for all the Champagne lovers out there; a very nice Champagne is coming apparently to BA F by the end of this year
Now you got me excited!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
I think genuine enhancement idea for BA would be to remove the supplying of physical cards altogether regardless of status and if people insist on carrying one around, would be to send them one they can just print off and stick to a piece of cardboard. Also why wait till 2019 they can probably to this as soon as current stocks become depleted.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
access purely based on status
I'm still rather unclear what this means?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.