Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Banana4321
Beergate: A Summary

Two males were observed removing free beer (estimated to be c.20 cans of an unknown brewer) from the First Lounge (South) at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 on Friday 30th June 2017 between the hours of noon and approximately 17:00. The two men are white and probably have in excess of 1600 Tier Points.

200 outraged posts on an airline-related online forum then wasted at least 1000 man-hours of British industry at a cost of over £100 due to middle-ranking executives having not much better to do than comment on this feat of potential drinking whilst being flown.

Anybody with any news on this treasonable crime should not bother calling CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111. A reward of 6 cans of beer is available should the original beer cans be recovered.

Police are uninterested in talking to anyone in the vicinity at the time.

Any BREAKING NEWS on this front-page story will be added to this wiki immediately it happens
Print Wikipost

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Physci
Only a matter of time before BA starts tagging items (like a supermarket) with electronic sensors on the lounge entrances ....
Hotel minibar system with a card lock for the fridges. However many items you take out of the fridge under your card will be logged to your membership
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
We can't easily acquire cans of drink and crisps from the CCR so we're forced to have to load up in the Flounge
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by smokie36
I'm waiting for cws or golfmad to be busted by the lounge dragons for loading eggs bennies into tupperware boxes in the CCR.
Ooh, mentioned in the same breath as @corporate-wage-slave, you've made my day although I have just worked my way through a rather large bowl of chocolate ice cream in the CCR. Having said that, I did ask for it politely.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Hotel minibar system with a card lock for the fridges. However many items you take out of the fridge under your card will be logged to your membership
:-: :-:
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:24 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by amanx
As a bronze for the last few years i must be on benefits or at least working tax credits?
I'm Blue.

You'll find me in a cardboard box under the North Circular.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Really? What reports that F runs out of drink after 1 hour and first choice is not often available?

Also LAS is now loaded again with drink in LAS, previously it was loaded for the whole rotation at LHR.
The thread was around not so long ago. It may have been old yes it was mentioned it is now restocked at LAS but do you expect louts who do this to read all of the thread or just the bad bits . My attempt at dry humor was obviously missed
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TPloser
The thread was around not so long ago. It may have been old yes it was mentioned it is now restocked at LAS but do you expect louts who do this to read all of the thread or just the bad bits . My attempt at dry humor was obviously missed
Er, ok then ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.