Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Banana4321
Beergate: A Summary

Two males were observed removing free beer (estimated to be c.20 cans of an unknown brewer) from the First Lounge (South) at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 on Friday 30th June 2017 between the hours of noon and approximately 17:00. The two men are white and probably have in excess of 1600 Tier Points.

200 outraged posts on an airline-related online forum then wasted at least 1000 man-hours of British industry at a cost of over £100 due to middle-ranking executives having not much better to do than comment on this feat of potential drinking whilst being flown.

Anybody with any news on this treasonable crime should not bother calling CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111. A reward of 6 cans of beer is available should the original beer cans be recovered.

Police are uninterested in talking to anyone in the vicinity at the time.

Any BREAKING NEWS on this front-page story will be added to this wiki immediately it happens
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Visited F-lounge at LHR T5 Friday afternoon. We noticed two persons grabbing a lot of beer and putting it in their bags. They had some round trips to the bar and even stopped to get more when leaving (all within 3-4 minutes) They noticed me filming, but looked like they couldn't care less. Guess they nicked 20+ cans and 5 bags of crisps.

See the video here

Showed the video to the lounge manager immediately, and he was speechless and he (and some more staff?) left the lounge to go looking for them. Don't know the result.

Based on the behaviour on these men, I guess it is not the first time. So look around. Managers office is by the entrance to the F-lounge. The staff at the front desk or in the cloakroom will probably be the best to notice and act fast.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.

Last edited by Discus; Jul 2, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:08 pm

Already getting the popcorn out - this thread will be interesting

That being said, very poor form from both these chaps.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:11 pm

Did you manage to get their faces in the rest of the vid? I say publish!

(And yes, I do nick the odd can or two of Diet Coke but never a whole swag bag's worth!)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:15 pm

put them on the wanted list next to the entrance.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Absolutely astonishing behaviour - decanting the contents of the refrigerator shelf into a duffle bag.

I’m sure their journey from the lounge to their eventual boarding gate will have been captured on CCTV.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Did you manage to get their faces in the rest of the vid? I say publish!
BA manager saw the complete video, including faces. If the right person from BA want it, I'll hand it over. I will not post it here as there are a lot of other people on the video as well.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Prospero
Absolutely astonishing behaviour - decanting the contents of the refrigerator shelf into a duffle bag.

I’m sure their journey from the lounge to their eventual boarding gate will have been captured on CCTV.
I am assuming that BA catches them and gives them a formal warning? Do it again and they will revoke their Executive Club status if they have one?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Disgraceful....although I can't say I'm surprised to be honest given some of the posts I've read on here.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Discus
Visited F-lounge at LHR T5 Friday afternoon. We noticed two persons grabbing a lot of beer and putting it in their bags. They had some round trips to the bar and even stopped to get more when leaving (all within 3-4 minutes) They noticed me filming, but looked like they couldn't care less. Guess they nicked 20+ cans and 5 bags of crisps.

See the video here

Showed the video to the lounge manager immediately, and he was speechless and he (and some more staff?) left the lounge to go looking for them. Don't know the result.

Based on the behaviour on these men, I guess it is not the first time. So look around. Managers office is by the entrance to the F-lounge. The staff at the front desk or in the cloakroom will probably be the best to notice and act fast.
Video link not working?? Post to YouTube?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I am assuming that BA catches them and gives them a formal warning? Do it again and they will revoke their Executive Club status if they have one?
I suspect you are correct. If it was down to me, I'd invalidate their Gold card(s) immediately. BAEC's terms and conditions allows for this.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Well this sort of thing has the potential to ruin it for us all. OK, some might say a packet of crisps or a can is acceptable, but there is no excuse for this.

I saw something similar once in Madrid, but they took the items to the bag - not the other way around!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
I saw something similar once in Madrid, but they took the items to the bag - not the other way around!
The cava perchance?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dambus
Video link not working?? Post to YouTube?
Native mp4 not working well on phones I guess, link has been updated for html5-browsers

Others - feel free to re-post on youtube if needed
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:41 pm

Ironically this reminds me of our family fun day at work today, was an open bar, food etc. I was going to get myself a drink at one of the tents and noticed a lady with a sainsburys bag, I wont mention age, ethnicity or otherwise but the lady was simply stocking up, the women is someone I have never seen so either she was a 'friend' or just someone who walked into the party as it was in the open
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Quick thinking with the videoing. Overall, I'm impressed with how you and the lounge management dealt with this, all things considered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.