Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Doha

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stewaran
Phoned to try and move to the later 21:55 departyre on QR, and they flatly refuse.

even though it is closer to the timing of the BA123 i was booked on, and had they are still selling cheaper fares for it!
oh well , get my first Q-suite and first time to use QR lounge :-)
The current guidelines for rebooking are here https://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/all...rr/dohcanxsep/ (click on I don't have a IATA number)

The following rebooking allowance is available onto BA*QR/QR services.

For any customers, including those with an onward connection, please offer the below designated services first:-LHR-DOH: BA7002 (QR2) or BA7016 (QR16)DOH -LHR: BA7001 (QR1) or BA7015 (QR15)DOH-LGW: BA4483 (QR327)

If these do not connect, or they are unacceptable to the customer, you may rebook onto a more suitable BA*QR (QR) UK - DOH and v.v. service.

Rebook into lowest class in the same cabin either 3 days before or up to 3 days after the original travel date.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by KARFA
The current guidelines for rebooking are here https://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/all...rr/dohcanxsep/ (click on I don't have a IATA number)
Thanks Karfa
My booking is on a QR ticket (157), Do you think will the BA T&C be relevant?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:51 am

Thanks Karfa
My booking is on a QR ticket (157), Do you think will the BA T&C be relevant?
Ah, yes sorry that is specifically for BA 125- tickets. Not sure for QR tickets, I guess that's why you may be having problems.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:55 am

Ah, yes sorry that is specifically for BA 125- tickets. Not sure for QR tickets, I guess that's why you may be having problems.
Oh well, I might try a different QR phone number to try my luck.

but at the end of day its part of trip to Bangalore, and Im flying QR in J for £1200 less than WT+ on BA.

Its not all bad :-)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
IF QR ticket call QR, they are very lose with changes for these situations - do NOT call BA if on QR ticket.
Cymro likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
IF QR ticket call QR, they are very lose with changes for these situations - do NOT call BA if on QR ticket.
I called QR in the UK office, maybe ill try Doha tomorrow
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

I called QR in the UK office, maybe ill try Doha tomorrow
try Hong Kong
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:14 am

"We are not allowed to book this flight combination"

Most likely unrelated to the recent cancellation of Doha flights. Looking to booking a BA/QR (on BA ticket) codeshare to Thailand via DOH in February. Departing London on BA123 seems to lower the fare substantially compared to leaving London on QR metal with BA flight numbers according to GF/OTAs. However it would appear that it is impossible to book this combination directly with BA, both over the phone (incl. BA Holidays) or on BA.com despite the combination being available via OTAs and even on QR's website (albeit all on QR flight numbers, and being almost twice the price in J).

Anyone experienced this? I've had perplexed agents doggedly ringing up their ticketing department to try and get this priced up and issued with no dice. The common answer given over the phone is "We are not allowed access to that flight combination" or "This fare is probably available on wholesale basis only" - all very strange...
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Jak_Nottingham
Departing London on BA123 seems to lower the fare substantially compared to leaving London on QR metal with BA flight numbers according to GF/OTAs.
Have you tried pricing this using ITA?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you tried pricing this using ITA?
I have indeed. This comes under INXC85S7 according to ITA - I class is only available on BA123 for my outbound date, whilst all other QR operated departures come under J (and over £1k more expensive). Granted, I class (under INXC85S7 fare) is available on other QR-operated departures from London on other dates.

Which makes it even more annoying that a connection involving BA123 isn't a possibility when going directly through BA - especially seeing that I'd quite like to book this with a hotel thrown in. I guess OTA it is...

Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Jak_Nottingham
I have indeed. This comes under INXC85S7 according to ITA ...
You may already have had this discussion with BA, but in your shoes I would be asking them to try to price the itinerary using the specific fare basis quoted by ITA. I have sometimes had to ask the agents to do this in order to force that fare basis to be used when the auto-price mechanism would not use it. With two BA fares being used to cover four BA flight numbers, it would be very odd if ITA will price it and there is no availability issue through POS issues, yet BA cannot price or ticket it.
Whitstabubble likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You may already have had this discussion with BA, but in your shoes I would be asking them to try to price the itinerary using the specific fare basis quoted by ITA.
Thank you very much for this. I have tried mentioning the fare basis to the agents on previous calls - but most have insisted that this wouldn't help as they were unable to see any fare whatsoever for the flight combination.

On the flipside however, I tried giving the guys on the European contact centre a ring today and gave the agent an existing reservation made by Trailfinders as well as the fare basis. After about an hour, the agent was able to replicate this and priced it accordingly . My luck ran out when trying the UK contact centre again to see if I could turn this into a package with a hotel though. Will just have to book the flights and hotel separately in the end.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Any update on whether there have been further cancellations on the route? I have a flight start of Nov but not sure whether it will go through or not. Currently booked in PE but given the history if the flight gets cancelled and a QR option given then I will probably be moved to Economy. Considering this is an avios ticket what are the chances of paying the difference and getting J or is that not going to happen?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by salehir
Any update on whether there have been further cancellations on the route? I have a flight start of Nov but not sure whether it will go through or not. Currently booked in PE but given the history if the flight gets cancelled and a QR option given then I will probably be moved to Economy. Considering this is an avios ticket what are the chances of paying the difference and getting J or is that not going to happen?
Looks like its extended to the start of December now

https://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/all...rr/dohcanxsep/
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Paul Banks
Looks like its extended to the start of December now

https://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/all...rr/dohcanxsep/
yup just got my cancellation email from BA.. called to find out options and was a little disappointed that I couldn't rebook in business in QR by paying avios difference apparently I have to cancel entire reservation and then rebook or pay 35 +15 surcharge which I find a little stupid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.