Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by braiden9
Have a 2 for 1 redemption in F for DOH - LHR on the 3rd of March. Called YouFirst who confirmed it looks like the flight is no longer happening but they don't yet have a policy on rebooking. They said to call back in 2 days.

Am I likely to get rebooked onto QR F? If I get booked onto QR J what compensation should they provide?
I have an interest in this too as I am on the BA LHR-DOH flight on 28 Feb, but it is now zeroed out, probably pending cancellation.

In terms of the last DOH cancellation guidelines for late last year it stated:

Z class Redemptions MUST be rebooked into QR’s Business cabin in the lowest class available. Ticket will need to be requoted with Avios differential refunded
The following rebooking allowance is available onto BA*QR/QR services.For any customers, including those with an onward connection, please offer the below designated services first:-LHR-DOH: BA7002 (QR2) or BA7014 (QR16)DOH -LHR: BA7001 (QR1) or BA7015 (QR15) or BA7005 (QR5)DOH-LGW: BA4483 (QR327)If these do not connect, or they are unacceptable to the customer, you may rebook onto a more suitable BA*QR (QR) UK - DOH and v.v. service.
The guidance for these latest cancellations isn't up yet, but I would suspect it will be the same as last time.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
I spoke to YouFirst again and I got booked onto QR F.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:01 pm

I spoke to YouFirst again and I got booked onto QR F.
Very odd. The February flights haven't actually been cancelled yet so I am not clear why you were rebooked? What was the discussion like weoth the agent?

There is also still no rebooking guidance shown.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Very odd. The February flights haven't actually been cancelled yet so I am not clear why you were rebooked? What was the discussion like weoth the agent?

There is also still no rebooking guidance shown.
Agent said the flights won't be happening. Rebooking guidance coming out Tuesday I was told. Think I managed to get QR F as I was ahead of the gun
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Joining this thread late again, since I am constantly astounded at the pace of posts on FT.

We have an office in Bangalore, and we also have an EDI > DOH QR flight (then QR > BLR). However on a Sat/Sun it's an afternoon flight from EDI which missed the DOH connection, giving me a 17 hour layover in DOH. If I go on a Friday, I have a 2hr layover and everything is sweet. Of I go via LHR and get a direct to BLR on BA.

So....go on a Friday via QR and get the best service and quality (A350) but lose my weekend at home and get pathetic Avios. Or go on a Sunday via BA, direct to BLR, have better connections and better Avios, but CW service and layout.

Maybe I need to look at EDI > LHR BA, LHR to DOH and BLR via QR
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Looks like this cancellation has kicked in now. I have an economy QR ticket to BKK on 1st March, the first leg was on BA123, I've now been moved the QR2. Shame I was planning to work all day in GF and was looking forward to an empty flight! No communication from QR about the change.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:26 am

The cancellations have been done now.

BA123 LHR-DOH 21Feb – 03 Mar 2019
BA122 DOH-LHR 22 Feb – 04 Mar 2019

Tickets issued by - 30 January 2019

Rebook on BA
Use options from standard customer guidelines –

Rebook on QR
The following rebooking allowance is available onto QR services.

For any customers, including those with an onward connection, please offer the below designated services first
LHR-DOH: QR16
DOH -LHR: QR7

If these do not connect, or they are unacceptable to the customer, you may rebook onto a more suitable QR UK - DOH and v.v. service as per Options 5 and 6 from standard customer guidelines – :-

Rebook into lowest class in the same cabin either 3 days before or up to 3 days after the original travel date.

IMPORTANT:
  • All reissues onto QR prime flights must include an OS QR INVOL AGMNT BA
  • Z class Redemptions MUST be rebooked into QR’s Business cabin in the lowest class available. Ticket will need to be requoted with Avios differential refunded
  • WT+ customers must be rebooked into Economy cabin lowest class available. Advise customers to claim a downgrade refund post travel OR follow BA’s guideline for
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Also affected by this - I like the 122 as you get into T5.

Am going to go for a BA codeshare back from DOH rather than taking a QR prime as on a 125 ticket.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
The cancellations have been done now.

BA123 LHR-DOH 21Feb – 03 Mar 2019
BA122 DOH-LHR 22 Feb – 04 Mar 2019

Thanks, Karfa. I was considering booking BA F to Doha in late March. Now considering EDI-DOH or LHR-DOH with Qatar.

PS: CGG-DOH - do you know if they have stopped F on the A380? Looks like it.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:53 pm

*remove post*

Last edited by braiden9; Jan 30, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:54 pm

If I got rebooked onto QR F in 'F' fare class am I likely to earn tier points?
possibly you may get a bank error in your favour. I wouldn’t broadcast it tho if you do
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Thanks, Karfa. I was considering booking BA F to Doha in late March. Now considering EDI-DOH or LHR-DOH with Qatar.

PS: CGG-DOH - do you know if they have stopped F on the A380? Looks like it.
If that is CDG then no, there are 1 or 2 A380 flights a day for the rest of the schedule. BKK is losing the A380 for the summer, however, and FRA is gaining it.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
If that is CDG then no, there are 1 or 2 A380 flights a day for the rest of the schedule. BKK is losing the A380 for the summer, however, and FRA is gaining it.
Many thanks, LIT. There was no availability when booking through BA when I looked. There is with Qatar.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC
What is the general feeling for reliability on this service now (noting the recent cancellations above) - I'm likely to book some flights on QR stock including the BA0123 for the end of the year, and just wondering the reason for these cancellations is likely will be over by then? I'd only be booking as I'm purely a leisure traveller and need to ensure I get my 4 BA flights to maintain silver, and even if it gets a QR code it will still be BA metal.

LF
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
I'd only be booking as I'm purely a leisure traveller and need to ensure I get my 4 BA flights to maintain silver, and even if it gets a QR code it will still be BA metal.
Don't forget that a BA code on QR metal will count for your four eligible flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.