Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Doha

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by crowe
BA122 on 10 May cancelled-rebooked onto a q-suite a350 flight leaving just over an hour later, can’t complain.

Did have to call to get sensible seat allocation but otherwise smooth. Booking was via QR not BA.
Did you book the BA flight number originally, e.g. BA122 or as the codeshare QR5943? If it was BA122 originally, did QR rebook you onto QR3 or BA7003?

I have a similar booking later in the year and wondered if QR will rebook BA122 to a BA7003 etc rather than QR3.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
DOH-LHR schedules on EF for May 10-28 show no BA 122, and LHR-DOH schedules for May 9-27 show no BA 123.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bchang
I was on the phone with BA just now about a booking and just happened to ask if there were any cancellations on the 122/123. The agent mentioned an email had went out this morning on cancellations just for May 27 and May 28, the 123 and 122 respectively.
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I just noticed from May 10 to May 28 inclusive, all fare classes for BA flight 122 DOH-LHR are zeroed out. Looks like light loads on my flight date (May 16) as I am the only seat occupied in F. Only 15 seats occupied in the entire plane. I'm thinking about calling AA and having them change me to the 1:40 AM QR flight, which is the only other flight from DOH to LHR with F since QR dropped their daytime F flight a few months ago (when I switched to the BA daytime flight).
DOH-LHR schedules on EF for May 10-28 show no BA 122, and LHR-DOH schedules for May 9-27 show no BA 123.
You were right, @aaupgrade. I must have misheard the BA agent earlier. Now just waiting to see if there are more cancellations later in the summer, when I have Doha bookings.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by bchang
Did you book the BA flight number originally, e.g. BA122 or as the codeshare QR5943? If it was BA122 originally, did QR rebook you onto QR3 or BA7003?

I have a similar booking later in the year and wondered if QR will rebook BA122 to a BA7003 etc rather than QR3.
Original booking was the codeshare, so QR5943 rebooked to QR3.
Non Compos Mentis likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
A good point for anybody facing cancellations and rebooked onto QR. Try to get a BA code for additional avios.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC
I just noticed from May 10 to May 28 inclusive, all fare classes for BA flight 122 DOH-LHR are zeroed out. Looks like light loads on my flight date (May 16) as I am the only seat occupied in F. Only 15 seats occupied in the entire plane. I'm thinking about calling AA and having them change me to the 1:40 AM QR flight, which is the only other flight from DOH to LHR with F since QR dropped their daytime F flight a few months ago (when I switched to the BA daytime flight).
Does anyone actually fly on this plane? I was just interested as I have a booking in December on the BA0123 and checked it on EF, and not a single other person had reserved a seat. Inspired by this, I looked up today's flight and it appears only ten or so reserved seats for tonight!

LF
Old May 8, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Does anyone actually fly on this plane? I was just interested as I have a booking in December on the BA0123 and checked it on EF, and not a single other person had reserved a seat. Inspired by this, I looked up today's flight and it appears only ten or so reserved seats for tonight!

LF
Ramadan has just started, which is the lowest point of the year for travel to DOH, loads will be extremely light through until the end of May. Having said that, I'm not sure BA123 is ever full but the load is normally a bit greater than that.

Plenty of time for the seat map for December to change.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:55 am

BA123 was surprisingly busy a couple of weeks ago in CW, only a couple of seats left
Old May 9, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My last two flights on BA122/23 were completely full on Y.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I flew 122 yesterday and the loads were quite light especially in CW. The front CW cabin was full but the rear (larger) CW cabin only had 1 or 2 people in it.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:43 am

Booked on BA122 on May 31 in WTP. Seeing now that there seems to be a lot of cancellations on this route. Assuming if cancelled that WTP will be downgraded to Y on QR. Will any compensation be offered if this happens? Not a member of BAEC so Avios would be of little use to me.

Of course this is a hypothetical scenario as it probably won't be cancelled.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jah718
Booked on BA122 on May 31 in WTP. Seeing now that there seems to be a lot of cancellations on this route. Assuming if cancelled that WTP will be downgraded to Y on QR. Will any compensation be offered if this happens? Not a member of BAEC so Avios would be of little use to me.

Of course this is a hypothetical scenario as it probably won't be cancelled.
End of May would probably have been cancelled already I think if that what was intended so I suspect your flight won't be.

Looking at the cancellation guidelines in post 202 from the February cancellations https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30717927-post202.html it seems you would be booked in to QR Y but due a refund.

WT+ customers must be rebooked into Economy cabin lowest class available. Advise customers to claim a downgrade refund post travel OR follow BA’s guideline for
jah718 likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:00 am

BA123 shows as not available for booking June 24-25 only. Correspondingly BA122 not available for booking June 25-26. Strange that cancellations are only for two days. Harbinger for more disruptions on this route?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:33 pm

Assuming my BA123 still runs next week, can anyone tell me how quick the meal service starts? Would quite like to get that over and get some sleep!

LF
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Assuming my BA123 still runs next week, can anyone tell me how quick the meal service starts? Would quite like to get that over and get some sleep!
On short medium range flights such as this and TATL flights I always eat in the lounge before the flight and go to sleep straight away. This is only a 6:40 flight, with taxi, takeoff and landing, you'll be lucky to get 5 hours of decent sleep. You didn't say what class your traveling. F dinner service will be a bit quicker than J, so to answer your question I would plan on losing at least an extra hour of sleep if you plan on eating on board. After all this is BA, so it's not like your missing any great food. The only good food I've had on an airline is CX F and JL F, with QR F coming in second and QF F third; all being my personal opinion. If you're flying J then I can't think of any airline whose food service is better than what you'd get in the lounge pre-flight. Regardless of COS, all airline food will meet the basic criteria of satisfying hunger, but so will pre-flight dining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.