Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Doha

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by navylad
I know, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

Looking at TR for the same flight a year ago, dinner was served and then breakfast, but I can assure you only breakfast options were available on the menu and served straight away. Some of my fellow passengers did also comment.

I also note that the amenities kit have been scaled back and no longer are Armani.

Just boarded my NRT-DOH flight back, back on he 777 but empty seat next to me (the only one free on the cabin) and the menu for this flight seams a lot better, fingers crossed.
NRT has the second best catering in the QR network (after HND) in my opinion, so interested to see what you think. Frankly, I'd take the QR Kaiseki menu (I had it last night from HND) above pretty much any BA catering, but admit I've never flown BA ex-Japan (and probably don't want to).

I think the new Brics kit is physically nicer than the old Armani one, although I think the products inside were slightly better before.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:18 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Just a reminder, that all things QR are discussed over on the QR Forum...and unless it's related to BA, I wouldn't want to create more work for the BA Mods!

The QR Forum can be found here, with plenty of Trip Reports, Photos, Menus, etc - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...lege-club-644/
Old May 15, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Just a reminder, that all things QR are discussed over on the QR Forum...and unless it's related to BA, I wouldn't want to create more work for the BA Mods!

The QR Forum can be found here, with plenty of Trip Reports, Photos, Menus, etc - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...lege-club-644/
Hint taken!
Old May 15, 2017, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by navylad
Affirm. I had that and the express breakfast.
Here is a redeye menu from LHR-DOH -- They seem fairly extensive

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27469646-post158.html

Did you ask for anything else if you wanted more than the lamb burger?

My experience on QR is they are happy to provide seconds - offering them proactively in a couple cases.

Also, here is an April menu DOH-MNL - It looks like at least 3 non-breakfast options - grilled salmon, tenderloin sandwich, etc.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28190373-post183.html
Old May 15, 2017, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by elitetraveler

My experience on QR is they are happy to provide seconds - offering them proactively in a couple cases.

Also, here is an April menu DOH-MNL - It looks like at least 3 non-breakfast options - grilled salmon, tenderloin sandwich, etc.

Either QR have cut down substantially their offerings in J (which hasn't been mentioned on the QR forum AFAIK), or there is something missing from this story.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Either QR have cut down substantially their offerings in J (which hasn't been mentioned on the QR forum AFAIK), or there is something missing from this story.
Yes, does not at all sound 'normal'. Give me QR J catering over BA CW any day of the week and twice on Sunday

I have never walked off a QR aircraft not totally stuffed.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The two menus linked are not really comparable - QR928 is a morning departure whereas QR16 is a late evening departure. I have taken the QR16 a couple times over the past 12 months and menu linked appears pretty consistent which IME translates to the fabulous starter (Classic Arabic Mezze), the very comforting soup and the dependably bland yet beautifully presented main.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by rossmacd

I have never walked off a QR aircraft not totally stuffed.
... sloshed and in love with half of the cabin crew.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Stop giving the secrets away

M
Old May 15, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Stop giving the secrets away

M
Old May 15, 2017, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elitetraveler

Originally Posted by Prospero
The two menus linked are not really comparable - QR928 is a morning departure whereas QR16 is a late evening departure. I have taken the QR16 a couple times over the past 12 months and menu linked appears pretty consistent which IME translates to the fabulous starter (Classic Arabic Mezze), the very comforting soup and the dependably bland yet beautifully presented main.

The first menu is QR 16 - overnight/redeye LHR-DOH which I imagine would be similar to AMS-DOH redeye.

The second menu for QR 928 is for an 850am departure DOH-MNL which would likely be similar to what was served on the 730am DOH-HKG flight.
Old May 15, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Certainly for me, when travelling to the Middle East, the choice of BA over other carriers was mainly due to the WT+ cabin.

The flight to DOH wasn't too bad, even with the stop in BAH - it was a daytime flight out of LHR and certainly preferable to flying the other way! Similarly when flying to AUH, looking down onto the city and seeing all the green lights from the mosques!

Flights back would usually be out of DXB as I could do the BA108 which was a mid-morning departure back to the UK.

I am actually thinking of a trip out there later this year in order to use up a GUF2
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:15 am

Given today's news from the Middle East. How do people think this will affect both BA and QR?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Given today's news from the Middle East. How do people think this will affect both BA and QR?

I assumed not at all given that the LHR-DOH flight path doesn't seem to enter the restricted airspace (KSA, UAE etc). Is there more to it than airspace restriction and travel between the affected countries?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC
I'd imagine it might be good news for the direct BA services elsewhere in the Middle East.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.