Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: Some
In other related Flyertalk lounge exclusive news, I can report that the First Class Lounge at LCY is now also finally available to BA passengers as long as a) you have no checked luggage (BA is still unwilling to accept luggage from the lounge) and b) you're willing to pay for it. I tested it out on Friday evening and received the full drive to the plane experience.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've added a few more photos and comments at the end of my previous thread and made minor changes above that edit.

If anyone is going to the White Rose Suite in the near future, photos and reviews would be appreciated, and since it's also a Priority Pass lounge we can provide a link over to the Lounges forum too for non BA travellers.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Did you notice what the power point situation was like?

Also in the YPL alcoholic drinks were available, but champagne was for purchase only, did you happen to notice whether it was available in the 1432?
There wasn't any champagne out, but there was an empty ice bucket ready for action and Gancia Prosecco on the top shelf of the fridge. I've now added photos of the alcohol provision.

Every seat had UK power points either in the furniture alongside it, and/or in the carpet below the seat place.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Apr 11, 2018 at 9:08 am
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I'm sat in the White Rose Suite now.

It's a lovely spot, overlooking the tarmac. The food is very similar to the old YPL, although there is a new coffee machine, and my americano is rather nice.

However.... it is full of screaming infants! A big step down from the YPL "left" side.

I'll post some pictures later, or let young Karfa do it
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I'm sat in the White Rose Suite now.

It's a lovely spot, overlooking the tarmac. The food is very similar to the old YPL, although there is a new coffee machine, and my americano is rather nice.

However.... it is full of screaming infants! A big step down from the YPL "left" side.

I'll post some pictures later, or let young Karfa do it
Nice!

I'm there on Monday 23rd so I will come back with some pictures
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I was in Belfast yesterday - the lounge is fine, as good as any of the domestic offerings however please be aware that it now closes for a period in the middle of the day.

It seems to close on the departure of BA1423 currently at 0920 and reopens a couple of hours before the departure of BA1417 currently at 15.10. EI have a departure in between those times but they do not seem to grant lounge access there although their departures are shown on the in-lounge screen.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Some photos of the new White Rose Suite courtesy of Gastrocnemius. I might be flying on Friday from LBA so can have a pole around myself.

Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
And here is another panoramic photo of the LBA White Rose Suite lounge from the seats looking out the window. Behind where this photo is taken are sets of tables more suited to working or eating and the manned bar and buffet area.

Ok lounge but very few power sockets which is poor for a new lounge.

Definitely better than the old one though, great views of the runway.

Friday evening, wasn't too full which is good.

LBA White Rose Suite Lounge View of Window

Last edited by KiteFlyerP; Apr 20, 2018 at 3:24 pm Reason: add more detail
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by KiteFlyerP
And here is another panoramic photo of the LBA White Rose Suite lounge from the seats looking out the window. Behind where this photo is taken are sets of tables more suited to working or eating and the manned bar and buffet area.

Ok lounge but very few power sockets which is poor for a new lounge.

Definitely better than the old one though, great views of the runway.

Friday evening, wasn't too full which is good.

LBA White Rose Suite Lounge View of Window
Thanks for taking that. I was in on Friday morning but was too busy gossiping with someone I knew to take a decent photo.

I think you noted the only thing I was a bit concerned about, and that was the lack of power sockets. In the lower area they only seem to be some on the walls around the edges of the lounge. It could do with a few around the seating area you were in as well.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
The egg based rolls have been enhanced away from the Galleries Club lounges and replaced with a rather inedible looking frittata item. Bacon rolls remain.
Further reinforcing the quality airline image....
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
In the White Rose Suite at LBA at the moment, they aren't doing any upgrades to the 1432 at the moment due to supply chain issues and don't want to provide a substandard service. The drinks seem to have gone down a bit compared to before (I am tee total so can't comment on the alcohol), but the food seems to have improved. A turkey and gravy breadcake hits the spot nicely. :-)
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Varies
Escape Lounge, Stansted

As a silver flying ET from Stansted I was able to use the Escape Lounge at Stansted and sign in my blue companion.

The lounge was nicely air-conditioned compared to a sweltering main terminal, and was very efficiently managed. Food was regularly replenished, there was a serviced bar, tables were quickly cleared and the staff seemed pleasant and cheerful.

Seating is mainly at small tables. The food buffet consisted (lunchtime) of several hot dishes that looked appetising and were regularly refreshed. I had an excellent lasagne ; there was also a sweet potato curry, spiced chicken and bombay potatoes. There was a salad buffet, some pastries and biscuits, 5 or 6 types of sandwiches (fresh and well-filled), a selection of cheese and fruit, and some snacks.

Drink-wise, there were coffee machines, several fruit juices in jugs, water and sodas in fridges, and a staffed bar with a variety of wines, beers and spirits.

There are only disabled toilets within the lounge but the main public toilets are close by. There were some sockets but not near every table/seat. WiFi was fine There are plenty of flight information screens.

I found the food selection much better than LHR BA Club galleries - and even F given the type of food I like to eat before I travel (I really just want some decent sandwiches). I was pleasantly surprised.

P.S Bear in mind that food and drink are still served in economy on Cityjet flights.

​​​
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Beaulieu
In the White Rose Suite at LBA at the moment, they aren't doing any upgrades to the 1432 at the moment due to supply chain issues and don't want to provide a substandard service. The drinks seem to have gone down a bit compared to before (I am tee total so can't comment on the alcohol), but the food seems to have improved. A turkey and gravy breadcake hits the spot nicely. :-)
What's available now? I must admit I just had a coffee last Friday morning and didn't look for anything else. For the rest of the day i just used to have a diet coke in the old YPL. I think now there has also been a move to not have direct access for passengers to fridges/alcoholic drinks and have them served from the bar.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
What's available now? I must admit I just had a coffee last Friday morning and didn't look for anything else. For the rest of the day i just used to have a diet coke in the old YPL. I think now there has also been a move to not have direct access for passengers to fridges/alcoholic drinks and have them served from the bar.
Right now on the food front, they have afternoon tea type things (scones, cake), fresh fruit, biscuits, bread then a pasta salad, cheese, coleslaw, potato salad... and on the hot plate jacket potatoes and turkey in gravy. Drinks wise out available for all are coffee, tea, water and orange or cranberry juice. I don't go in for fizzy drinks either so haven't inquired any further on that front but it certainly doesn't look like they have much - could be a supply issue though as they commented on it when they showed me the 1432 that it was affecting all the lounges.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if BACF have a contract to use the Aspire lounges at Bristol?

I’ve really been struggling to get an answer out of anyone at BA, they suggested I could use the BA Connect lounge there before they realise it doesn’t exist now!
Old May 28, 2018, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Schwann
Does anyone know if BACF have a contract to use the Aspire lounges at Bristol?

I’ve really been struggling to get an answer out of anyone at BA, they suggested I could use the BA Connect lounge there before they realise it doesn’t exist now!
I don't think they do. Have you checked MMB to see what it says? You could call Swissport lounges on +44 (0) 161 694 7220 and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.