Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA ABZ Lounge Closing 30 July 2017 [to be refurbished]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA ABZ Lounge Closing 30 July 2017 [to be refurbished]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:01 am

If I'm flying from ABZ on Club Europe can I access the Northern Lights lounge?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, been through a couple of times now with family in tow. I was also able to guest as a gold card holder. Nice lounge and staff.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DougieJones
If I'm flying from ABZ on Club Europe can I access the Northern Lights lounge?
Welcome to FlyerTalk DougieJones and especially to the BA zone, you are very welcome and please feel free to hang around. As @Slackevans says, you are entiled to use the lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
The northern lights lounge is a great improvement, but no access to BA silver...

I've just learnt about this from a colleague to who I suggested that we meet before our respective flights, to the same destination. He's BA, I’m KLM and further supports my decision to jump ship to KLM. I can’t even guest him in…… I'm not a huge spender compared to some on the forum, but so far this year they have lost out on ~£13'000 of revenue. If you add that up over a few more people in the same boat, it must be a fair amount.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
My friends were in for the first time the other day. There was a bit of uncertainty as to what drinks were included. I'm sure I was told on entry that all were self-serve and complimentary but it was early morning and that wasn't my priority that day. They were charged for spirits and was asking me for clarification, but I really don't know. Does anyone know the rules?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
My friends were in for the first time the other day. There was a bit of uncertainty as to what drinks were included. I'm sure I was told on entry that all were self-serve and complimentary but it was early morning and that wasn't my priority that day. They were charged for spirits and was asking me for clarification, but I really don't know. Does anyone know the rules?
There is freeserve whisky, gin, rum and vodka(can't remember exactly, but there are rebadged bottles on the counter), beer and wine. There is a Malt wall where you can purchase higher end whisky, which they may have tried.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Ahh, so the ones on the bar are fine to take but the ones on the shelf are chargeable. They felt a bit awkward.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, CrabAir Blue
Hello all,

Does anyone know when the ABZ lounge will be reopened to silvers?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by airmanofthequeen
Hello all,

Does anyone know when the ABZ lounge will be reopened to silvers?
May 2018 is mentioned up thread but I don't know whether that's particularly accurate.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by golfmad
May 2018 is mentioned up thread but I don't know whether that's particularly accurate.
Also what the lounge staff had been briefed. So far away that things will probably have changed by the time we get near there!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
BA Lounge - Aberdeen

Hi all,

Does anyone have any updates on the status of the new BA Lounge for Aberdeen? Any dates for the opening?

Thanks,

KLJamie
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The thread has reports of May 2018 (that report was in November).
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...rbished-8.html

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Feb 2, 2018 at 2:10 am Reason: Strike through circular reference following thread merge
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I'll ask my contact who works at the airport and update it in the thread referenced above.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the opening date was planned for the 18th May?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I don't know about anyone else but would have no complaints if a new lounge never opened. Have been very happy with Northern lights and the staff and food are great.

Ok maybe silvers....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.