Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by tropikey
Thanks a lot :-)

Please, forgive me this silly question:

does the following sentence in T&C:

"book and fly up to (and including) 31 March 2017"

mean that the return flight is allowed after the 31st of March?
I think it means your return flight has to be on the 31st of march. If it's after, you will only get triple points to your outbound flight
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:35 am

update from HFP regarding the matter of UK users not being able to register:

(EDIT: BA has edited the terms and conditions this morning to say “Triple Avios is available in all regions except UK&I and US as of 3 January 2017. Triple Avios will be available in UK&I and US as of 5 January 2017.” UK residents may want to re-register on Thursday as we cannot be 100% certain that registrations today will be counted.)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I am wondering how you found this link. I have tried it and it has been unsuccessful. When I go into my BAEC account and look at the offers page this offer is not listed.
Was a lucky Google, I was actually looking for the terms of the previous offer to see if it had been credited to my account as expected.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Nice to see also both HeadforPoints and InsideFlyer have credited Flyertalk for presumably finding this here :P (InsideFlyer going so far as to claim BA have 'announced' it when they've clearly done no such thing yet).
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
What's the best way to calculate the "base" (which has the 3x multiple) ?

Is it:

=Base(3 * cabin bonus * tier bonus)
=(3 * Base) + (Cabin Bonus * Base) + (Tier Bonus + Base)

?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
What's the best way to calculate the "base" (which has the 3x multiple) ?

Is it:

=Base(3 * cabin bonus * tier bonus)
=(3 * Base) + (Cabin Bonus * Base) + (Tier Bonus + Base)

?
I believe just the base Avios are multiplied and that's it but someone, please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
You will earn 3× the base mileage (0.25 on G/O/Q, 0.5 on discounted economy, 1x on flexible economy or any premium cabin) + the usual cabin bonus + the usual tier bonus.

So, the latter, with the caveat that if you earn less than 1x miles flown, it's the lower figure that is multiplied by three.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Was a lucky Google, I was actually looking for the terms of the previous offer to see if it had been credited to my account as expected.
Thanks for the info. ^
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:34 am

Which of destinations (except of destinations in US) available from any EU airports could maximize the "triple avios effect" for possibly low price? I've been searching for tickets for March and as for now, the most interesting seem to be flights from AMS to BKK (approx. EUR 1450) or ICN (approx. EUR 1690) or PVG (approx. EUR 1650). RAK for EUR 560 sounds quite good too, doesn't it?
Do you know any other destination ex-EU worth of thinking about by someone with intention to take advantage of 3x avios offer?
Hi, I think this promotion is not valid for flights to Asia (BKK/ICN) It is only for flights within EU and to USA and maximum 8 sectors?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:37 am

Looks like the promotion is not yet active for those in the UK or US for some reason. According to the FAQ this happens on the 5th:

Triple Avios is available in all regions except UK&I and US as of 3 January 2017. Triple Avios will be available in UK&I and US as of 5 January 2017.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks for update about Jan 5. I'll re-register then.

Query though: I have a BA ticket flying AA return. Will that also achieve triple Avios?

If not I need to plan when to activate offer to strategically strike the most long haul flights.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:12 am

@TravelManBiz

well, I hope my understanding of T&C is correct and all BA destinations are eligible as the first of 4 different categories of flights:

Subject to Clause 6, a Qualifying Flight is a published or corporate negotiated net fare flight in any selling class or cabin, with: (i) a BA prefix on a BA long-haul or short-haul operated service or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by BA, American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico (iii) an OpenSkies service from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK (iv) all domestic and regional BA (operated by Comair) flights within South Africa. The promotion does not apply to travel on flights operated by any other BA franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

All destinations were included previously (assuming that both a BA coded and BA operated flight was booked) - I don't believe the wording has changed in that regard, so hopefully they are again.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:32 am

@TravelManBiz

well, I hope my understanding of T&C is correct and all BA destinations are eligible as the first of 4 different categories of flights:

Subject to Clause 6, a Qualifying Flight is a published or corporate negotiated net fare flight in any selling class or cabin, with: (i) a BA prefix on a BA long-haul or short-haul operated service or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by BA, American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico (iii) an OpenSkies service from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK (iv) all domestic and regional BA (operated by Comair) flights within South Africa. The promotion does not apply to travel on flights operated by any other BA franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members.
Ok, for sure me that have mistaken it then. I was looking at the BA promotion website and they they only mentioned EU and USA there. I did not read T&C well enough. But great news, since I am looking at a SIN flight
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
BA has edited the terms and conditions this morning to say “Triple Avios is available in all regions except UK&I and US as of 3 January 2017. Triple Avios will be available in UK&I and US as of 5 January 2017.”
I can't figure out any good reason for them to do this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.