Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by T8191
I think that booking before registration kills the deal.
I believe this is correct. Previous promotions have however in some cases produced the bonus Avios anyway. The concensus is that any change to the ticket after registrations will however then produce the Avios bonus. For this reason I have just POUG'd Master Tafflyer's FAO-LGW to CE which causes a ticket reissue and will give the HHA triple Avios on the whole FAO-LGW-MCO routing.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Couldn't register, booked flight anyway and then registered today

Hi,
I had the same problems registering on 3rd January but needed to book a short-haul flight so went ahead and booked anyway, but then I got another mail today asking me to register, which I did successfully. So, presumably, I now won't get the - not exactly enormous - bonus on the flight I booked?

Why are so many airline and hotel group websites so crap? They all boast of their 'new look' sites (their IT departments have to justify their existence) and ask us how we enjoyed our visit (what was the purpose of your visit? buying a car or ordering groceries perhaps?) and then they can't even make them do what they are supposed to do. End of rant.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:57 am

Hi,

I have registered for the triple Avios offer. If I book a Premium economy ticket with BA from for example LHR to LAX and upgrade the ticket to business (I) using Avios points. Will I then get the triple avios offer based on the original W ticket? The rules says we do not get triple avios on award tickets, but is a ticket upgraded with Avios from C to W considered an award ticket? I am going to book the ticket now so appreciate a quick answer.

The new ticket I receive after upgrading from W to C, will I get the I code or the Z code for award ticket?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
If I book a Premium economy ticket with BA from for example LHR to LAX and upgrade the ticket to business (I) using Avios points. ...

The new ticket I receive after upgrading from W to C, will I get the I code or the Z code for award ticket?
If you upgrade from World Traveller Plus to Club World using Avios, you will be booked into U booking class, not I (which is a booking class for cash tickets in Club) and not Z either (which is for first class awards).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If you upgrade from World Traveller Plus to Club World using Avios, you will be booked into U booking class, not I (which is a booking class for cash tickets in Club) and not Z either (which is for first class awards).
Ok, but will I get triple avios offer for the original W class booked with cash?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Ok, but will I get triple avios offer for the original W class booked with cash?
I don't know, sorry. And I'd rather that you got the answer from someone who knows. But I could at least answer one of your questions.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:10 pm

I registered today, but unfortunately the only flight I'm taking before the deadline I booked at the end of December
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm still bashing my head against a brick wall with this Triple offer.

Tried almost every day since it was announced and still I get the contradictory message "you are now registered for this offer" followed by "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer".

I know this was the same message people were getting a few days ago as UK residents were supposed to wait till Jan 5 to sign up but 4 days later and I still can't sign up!

Is anyone else still getting this runaround or am I in a crowd of one?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Two questions based on some earlier messages in this thread that don't appear to be answered yet:-

Does this offer apply to bookings made through company travel desk.

If the first sector is a domestic flight into LHR, does that invalidate the offer? Don't know why it would but referring to an earlier post.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yes, you should. It's possible that points / Avios will not post, so you may need to retro-claim them, but the offer will still apply to the underlying ticket.

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Two questions based on some earlier messages in this thread that don't appear to be answered yet:-

Does this offer apply to bookings made through company travel desk.

If the first sector is a domestic flight into LHR, does that invalidate the offer? Don't know why it would but referring to an earlier post.
Assuming your company TA is booking published fares, or any company deals still allow collection of Avios, then the triple Avios offer should still apply and no, an initial domestic sector will not invalidate the offer. In fact you should also earn triple Avios on that flight too.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Thanks Filthy
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Qatar Airways
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'm still bashing my head against a brick wall with this Triple offer.

Tried almost every day since it was announced and still I get the contradictory message "you are now registered for this offer" followed by "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer".

I know this was the same message people were getting a few days ago as UK residents were supposed to wait till Jan 5 to sign up but 4 days later and I still can't sign up!

Is anyone else still getting this runaround or am I in a crowd of one?
Looks like just me and you yurtripper... it's so infuriating! Not sure if you've seen my post on the previous page!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:04 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I believe this is correct. Previous promotions have however in some cases produced the bonus Avios anyway. The concensus is that any change to the ticket after registrations will however then produce the Avios bonus. For this reason I have just POUG'd Master Tafflyer's FAO-LGW to CE which causes a ticket reissue and will give the HHA triple Avios on the whole FAO-LGW-MCO routing.
I hope this is true I have GVA-ORD run in J via mad-Lhr-Bos-DCA next month , they have change many flights time so I will must choose some other BOS-DCA-ORD legs and it will be brilliant if I get bonus which comes are me Avios upgrade to First on LHR-BOS leg
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko
I hope this is true I have GVA-ORD run in J via mad-Lhr-Bos-DCA next month , they have change many flights time so I will must choose some other BOS-DCA-ORD legs and it will be brilliant if I get bonus which comes are me Avios upgrade to First on LHR-BOS leg
I believe the shared knowledge. I've lost 95% hope i will get 3X. however, i'm yet to hear from anyone who has in-fact received their 3X. Once that happens - I know I didn't get them...

So again, the question to the whole forum is : has anyone received the 3X yet, from this promotion (not the older ones...)?

TIA

-G
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JOMO1971
Looks like just me and you yurtripper... it's so infuriating! Not sure if you've seen my post on the previous page!
Yes, I saw that and it seems that the other posters who originally had problems later said they had now registered OK. I also rang the service centre and got the same advice.

I'm new to BAEC (based in WAW so LH dominates everything around here) and the triple Avios offer was a major reason for getting me to sign up. If I'm one of the few who's excluded I think I'll refuse to participate in BAEC on general principle!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.