Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:10 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I just tried twice to register and both times it was a case of:

"British Airways offer registration

Thank you, Mr Beano HK, you are now registered for this offer.

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."
i have a doppelgänger?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:13 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by PETER01
The promotional period starts today of course....
Hi mate. Where do you see that as I was all over the T's & C's earlier and didnt see that.

I have multi LH sectors to book this week!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Beano HK
Hi mate. Where do you see that as I was all over the T's & C's earlier and didnt see that.

I have multi LH sectors to book this week!
Well Im just assuming as it was launched today, it was from today. I'll make some em, 'enquiries' and see if I can find out anything
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:03 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by navylad
and the T&C don't say its not open to previous users of the offer.
FAQ's "this is a global offer to all of our Executive Club Members who wish to travel during this period."

didnt work for me or my partner. will try in a few days but flying back from EWR tonight and our to Lagos next Sunday. I hope I am registered regardless of the error.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Phoned BAEC HK office and they have no idea of this promotion being introduced again. I suppose we just need to wait until it is officially announced.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
That will be an interesting one and do post back please!

The promotional period starts today of course but do you have to register first THEN book? I really don't know.
to be fair, I've registered my partner after booking his flight and got his triple points.... and done the same mistake for myself, booked a flight, registered like 2 weeks later, upgraded to CE and got my triple points on one sector as my return was not within the offer date.

But I'd say all you need to do is be registered, travel by the cut off date and you'd still get the triple points.... but I also suggest it's better be safe (pre-register) and book. Just in case, if not... then contact BAEC via email regarding the offers.

still devastated to have no news on this!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I suspect that the reason for these glitches is that tickets get reissued, e.g., if one flight in a booking gets changed. But I wouldn't expect to get triple points for previously booked flights... on the other hand I have very little travel planned on BA this quarter so I can afford to be magnanimous with my massive 5k miles of O-class economy...
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
Hope so, got a J class long haul booking to confirm in a few days! and this offer is SO good ... let's wait a few days and keep our fingers crossed
Bare in mind that it's only triple the base avios, not the J-value avios.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Foltan
Bare in mind that it's only triple the base avios, not the J-value avios.
yes I know, It still would work out at something like 72000 points total (as I'm putting the flight on the BA PP amex)
I do need an avios boost up, to be fair!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:18 am

Which of destinations (except of destinations in US) available from any EU airports could maximize the "triple avios effect" for possibly low price? I've been searching for tickets for March and as for now, the most interesting seem to be flights from AMS to BKK (approx. EUR 1450) or ICN (approx. EUR 1690) or PVG (approx. EUR 1650). RAK for EUR 560 sounds quite good too, doesn't it?
Do you know any other destination ex-EU worth of thinking about by someone with intention to take advantage of 3x avios offer?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The good news is this appears to have returned on the same terms as last year - http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s/triple-avios

The bad news is a devaluation is surely moving ever closer if we are going to continually see massive bonuses.
I am wondering how you found this link. I have tried it and it has been unsuccessful. When I go into my BAEC account and look at the offers page this offer is not listed.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
I am wondering how you found this link. I have tried it and it has been unsuccessful. When I go into my BAEC account and look at the offers page this offer is not listed.
I'm AUH based and its also not listed in my offers when I'm on my accounts page, but when I followed the link it allowed me to register successfully.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tropikey
Which of destinations (except of destinations in US) available from any EU airports could maximize the "triple avios effect" for possibly low price? I've been searching for tickets for March and as for now, the most interesting seem to be flights from AMS to BKK (approx. EUR 1450) or ICN (approx. EUR 1690) or PVG (approx. EUR 1650). RAK for EUR 560 sounds quite good too, doesn't it?
Do you know any other destination ex-EU worth of thinking about by someone with intention to take advantage of 3x avios offer?
LUX-KUL in premium economy springs to mind.

€991 for 40k avios before any tier bonus.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:50 am

Thanks a lot :-)

Please, forgive me this silly question:

does the following sentence in T&C:

"book and fly up to (and including) 31 March 2017"

mean that the return flight is allowed after the 31st of March?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by tropikey
mean that the return flight is allowed after the 31st of March?
In a word: no.

Long answer: Previous promotions have required all travel to be completed before the end of the promotional period. There is no reason this promotion will be any different. If your return is after 31st March, the outbound leg will generate a bonus (provided it is booked and flown within the promotional period), the return will not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.