Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Annoyingly I have 6 F sectors in the next two months, just booked last week. I'd really quite like triple Avios on them all!
And if it's a consolation, remember you wouldn't be getting triple the F earning rate, everyone gets a bonus which is actually 2 x the Y-earning rate for the route, unless booked in discount economy which earns a lesser bonus.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by paulieuk
And if it's a consolation, remember you wouldn't be getting triple the F earning rate, everyone gets a bonus which is actually 2 x the Y-earning rate for the route, unless booked in discount economy which earns a lesser bonus.
Yes, is very much weighted away from premium cabins unfortunately; it's probably not enough to sway me away from my current no BA for longhaul policy without a better sale to go along with it.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I had the same success/failure page that others have had. Just after doing that registration I booked a PER-GLA for a few weeks time so will be interesting to see if I get the extra Avios on the SYD-SIN-LHR-GLA flights which are on BA.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:19 am

Considering the current glitches I'd say you'd be in a good position to call up after your flights (if the bonus Avios didn't credit) and claim you'd registered in time. I had this last year with a promo, took a bit of back and forth but they eventually credited the Avios acknowledging the known issues when the promo was first set up.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC
My registration has been unsuccessful and not eligible for the offer!

Any one know the reason why? Or should I hold out and try again. Is it purely for members that missed the same 2016 offer?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Datapoint: Dutch BAEC account. Registration successful without any problems.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Originally Posted by Beano HK
"British Airways offer registration

Thank you, Mr Beano HK, you are now registered for this offer.

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."
Yeah I got the same just now actually, I wonder if they haven't finished setting the IT up properly before making the page live.
This has been a pretty consistent feature of recent offer registration.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Globaliser
This has been a pretty consistent feature of recent offer registration.
Hehe, great feature!
So probably try in a few days is the thing to do?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Registration successful, no problem.

This is not the time of year this offer would normally appear. I do think this says something about the level of bookings received, or predicted to be received.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:38 pm

I am still getting "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

the last time in September, i was able to register with no problems from first attempt.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:42 pm

I've got the "you are now registered for the offer" and then the "your registration has been unsuccessful" below.... what the heck???
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
I've got the "you are now registered for the offer" and then the "your registration has been unsuccessful" below.... what the heck???
Seems to be the same for lots of folks although some have been successful.

I'm going to wait a few days but it's not actually in my Exec offers as per the OP (and I can't see it elsewhere) so it's probably an IT glitch.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Seems to be the same for lots of folks although some have been successful.

I'm going to wait a few days but it's not actually in my Exec offers as per the OP (and I can't see it elsewhere) so it's probably an IT glitch.
Have the same issue (and cannot see it in my offers either) but booked quite a few flights today, so what happens with those? do I get the triple avios or not?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It could have been just a glitch last time for me too, but I did get the double Avios offer for flights booked even before the promotion was advertised.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
"British Airways offer registration

Thank you, Mr Smiley90, you are now registered for this offer."

Canada-based BAEC Blue account here. No mention of inegibility like others have mentioned here so I'm gonna assume it worked :P Given that the offer says "This is a global offer available to all of our Executive Club Members who wish to travel during this period." that shouldn't be too surprising though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.