FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812264-global-triple-avios-offer-flights-booked-flown-up-31-mar-2017-a.html)

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 5:38 am

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

The good news is this appears to have returned on the same terms as last year - http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s/triple-avios

The bad news is a devaluation is surely moving ever closer if we are going to continually see massive bonuses.

Beano HK Jan 2, 2017 5:43 am

UK resident...

"British Airways offer registration

Thank you, Mr Beano HK, you are now registered for this offer.

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

MBDublin Jan 2, 2017 5:44 am

Just like the previous offer this tells me that I am not eligible on my first attempt to register. I think it took a few days for the offer to become live previously so maybe the same again.

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Beano HK (Post 27691664)
UK resident...

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

Yeah I got the same just now actually, I wonder if they haven't finished setting the IT up properly before making the page live.

xenole Jan 2, 2017 5:46 am

It doesn't mention a start date - just that bookings need to be made and taken during the promotional period of up to 31 Mar.

I've got a few booked at present so no idea if these count.

"Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer" as well.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 2, 2017 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Beano HK (Post 27691664)
UK resident...

I got the same. Brilliant:rolleyes::rolleyes:

furryman Jan 2, 2017 5:48 am

"Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. "

T8191 Jan 2, 2017 5:49 am

So I'm registered and ineligible in the same breath. Typical BA IT :mad:

Will be useful, with a JER-LGW-DUB-PHL-PHX in MMB, although sadly the return legs are outside the offer date. (Edit = Damn, "new bookings" :( )

Keep trying is the answer, I guess. It's not showing under the Executive Club offers, so probably part-loaded as lost_in_translation suggests.

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 5:51 am

Give it a couple of days I think, I've probably come across the link before BA intended...

20Rothmans Jan 2, 2017 6:49 am

Thank you, OP, for showing us this.

It took a quick read through last year's thread to reassess how the bonus was calculated, plus any other surprises. CE LHR-AMS gave me 500+1000 bonus + 250 cabin + 500 tier, whereas work LHR-FRA flights gave 125 + 250 bonus/250 + 500 bonus for O and M respectively.

Like many, work flies me SH in ET so I'll have to take those with the competition to avoid wasting the promotion, or accidentally not use my EC number. This only makes sense if I take some LH trips (which is what I intend to do).

Tocsin Jan 2, 2017 6:50 am

The same 'Schrodinger's Cat' effect for me... will it eventually register unbidden, or is it a case of keep visiting the page?

(Thanks for the link, lost_in_translation !)

florens Jan 2, 2017 7:16 am

Awesome, especially for my planned longhaul vacation in March!!

mmxbreaks Jan 2, 2017 7:33 am

I thought it was perhaps region limited... Or perhaps it's just broken.

Annoying as I just flew a route that I'd love to get the triple Avios claim on. My next lot are much shorter haul and you can't specify which flights are part of the redemption (it's just eight legs total - or was last time anyway).

Roger Jan 2, 2017 8:33 am

A variation:

Thank you, Mr xxx yyy , you are now registered for this offer.

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.
One of these is true. Possibly. :confused:

ETA: Sorry, just reread the thread and see I am not alone.

the_outcast Jan 2, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks OP. My registration was successful first time. (Last time there was an offer, I got the error message saying that my registration was unsuccessful but that was fixed after a couple of days).