FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812264-global-triple-avios-offer-flights-booked-flown-up-31-mar-2017-a.html)

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 5:38 am

Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017

The good news is this appears to have returned on the same terms as last year - http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s/triple-avios

The bad news is a devaluation is surely moving ever closer if we are going to continually see massive bonuses.

Beano HK Jan 2, 2017 5:43 am

UK resident...

"British Airways offer registration

Thank you, Mr Beano HK, you are now registered for this offer.

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

MBDublin Jan 2, 2017 5:44 am

Just like the previous offer this tells me that I am not eligible on my first attempt to register. I think it took a few days for the offer to become live previously so maybe the same again.

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Beano HK (Post 27691664)
UK resident...

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

Yeah I got the same just now actually, I wonder if they haven't finished setting the IT up properly before making the page live.

xenole Jan 2, 2017 5:46 am

It doesn't mention a start date - just that bookings need to be made and taken during the promotional period of up to 31 Mar.

I've got a few booked at present so no idea if these count.

"Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer" as well.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 2, 2017 5:47 am

UK resident...

I got the same. Brilliant:rolleyes::rolleyes:

furryman Jan 2, 2017 5:48 am

"Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. "

T8191 Jan 2, 2017 5:49 am

So I'm registered and ineligible in the same breath. Typical BA IT :mad:

Will be useful, with a JER-LGW-DUB-PHL-PHX in MMB, although sadly the return legs are outside the offer date. (Edit = Damn, "new bookings" :( )

Keep trying is the answer, I guess. It's not showing under the Executive Club offers, so probably part-loaded as lost_in_translation suggests.

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 5:51 am

Give it a couple of days I think, I've probably come across the link before BA intended...

20Rothmans Jan 2, 2017 6:49 am

Thank you, OP, for showing us this.

It took a quick read through last year's thread to reassess how the bonus was calculated, plus any other surprises. CE LHR-AMS gave me 500+1000 bonus + 250 cabin + 500 tier, whereas work LHR-FRA flights gave 125 + 250 bonus/250 + 500 bonus for O and M respectively.

Like many, work flies me SH in ET so I'll have to take those with the competition to avoid wasting the promotion, or accidentally not use my EC number. This only makes sense if I take some LH trips (which is what I intend to do).

Tocsin Jan 2, 2017 6:50 am

The same 'Schrodinger's Cat' effect for me... will it eventually register unbidden, or is it a case of keep visiting the page?

(Thanks for the link, lost_in_translation !)

florens Jan 2, 2017 7:16 am

Awesome, especially for my planned longhaul vacation in March!!

mmxbreaks Jan 2, 2017 7:33 am

I thought it was perhaps region limited... Or perhaps it's just broken.

Annoying as I just flew a route that I'd love to get the triple Avios claim on. My next lot are much shorter haul and you can't specify which flights are part of the redemption (it's just eight legs total - or was last time anyway).

Roger Jan 2, 2017 8:33 am

A variation:

Thank you, Mr xxx yyy , you are now registered for this offer.

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.
One of these is true. Possibly. :confused:

ETA: Sorry, just reread the thread and see I am not alone.

the_outcast Jan 2, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks OP. My registration was successful first time. (Last time there was an offer, I got the error message saying that my registration was unsuccessful but that was fixed after a couple of days).

orbitmic Jan 2, 2017 8:46 am

Originally Posted by the_outcast (Post 27692122)
Thanks OP. My registration was successful first time.

Mine too! Maybe whatever was wrong has been fixed?

Oxon Flyer Jan 2, 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 27691672)
It doesn't mention a start date

Not even in the detail of the T&Cs.

a) pre-register for the offer by following the "Register now" link provided on the online registration page supplied by BA and complete the registration process on ba.com (a "thank you" message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful); and then
b) book and fly up to (and including) 31 March 2017. Triple Avios Points will be awarded on the first 8 flight sectors. A sector is a single qualifying flight between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft.

The implication here is that you have to book and fly after registration in order to qualify, but without a proper definition of the start date, who knows ?

Blueboys999 Jan 2, 2017 8:59 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692157)
Mine too! Maybe whatever was wrong has been fixed?

Not for me it hasn't.

Roger Jan 2, 2017 9:02 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692157)
Maybe whatever was wrong has been fixed?

Sadly, not for me, in spite of using a different browser.

Sadly too, BA's offer T+Cs include this for phone bookings:

Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline.
I can't imagine many calling BA from a BT landline. For those without a calls package, BT's set up charge is 19p, to which presumably must be added BA's fee, so perhaps 24p for the first minute. I don't know why they don't get it right.

Filthy Monkey Jan 2, 2017 9:07 am

Also unsuccessful! Annoyingly I have 6 F sectors in the next two months, just booked last week. I'd really quite like triple Avios on them all!

Virazuno Jan 2, 2017 9:09 am

The "unforgettable" sale isn't doing very well, it would seem...

orbitmic Jan 2, 2017 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey (Post 27692237)
Also unsuccessful! Annoyingly I have 6 F sectors in the next two months, just booked last week. I'd really quite like triple Avios on them all!

It's only for new bookings so you wouldn't get anything on those!

Oxon Flyer Jan 2, 2017 9:18 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692266)

New bookings made after what date ?

orbitmic Jan 2, 2017 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 27692275)
New bookings made after what date ?

After registration!

womble88 Jan 2, 2017 9:20 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692266)

Last time it had the same language and you got it for any flights after the registration even if you had booked them before you signed up (certainly that's what happened for me anyway). Annoyingly I am also unsuccessful and am flying first tomorrow, will try again tomorrow morning!

Crampedin13A Jan 2, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692280)
After registration!

Successful registration here as well. Of course after booking a longhaul J flight yesterday. This always happens to me.:D

orbitmic Jan 2, 2017 9:23 am

Originally Posted by womble88 (Post 27692284)
Last time it had the same language and you got it for any flights after the registration even if you had booked them before you signed up (certainly that's what happened for me anyway).

Not for me: in my case, I had many pre-existing bookings and none of them got the bonus, only the few new ones I made after registering.

womble88 Jan 2, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692298)
Not for me: in my case, I had many pre-existing bookings and none of them got the bonus, only the few new ones I made after registering.

Ah, I should just keep quiet then, clearly a glitch that actually benefited me!

Oxon Flyer Jan 2, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 27692280)
After registration!

It doesn't actually explicitly say that.

Originally Posted by FAQs
Will I be entitled to bonus Avios on any bookings I have already made for flights over this period ?

This promotion applies to any new bookings made during the promotional period up to 31 March 2017. You do need to register for the offer.

...but there is no definition of the start of the promotional period.

navylad Jan 2, 2017 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A (Post 27692292)
Successful registration here as well. Of course after booking a longhaul J flight yesterday. This always happens to me.:D

If within 24 hours, cancel and rebook

paulieuk Jan 2, 2017 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey (Post 27692237)
Annoyingly I have 6 F sectors in the next two months, just booked last week. I'd really quite like triple Avios on them all!

And if it's a consolation, remember you wouldn't be getting triple the F earning rate, everyone gets a bonus which is actually 2 x the Y-earning rate for the route, unless booked in discount economy which earns a lesser bonus.

lost_in_translation Jan 2, 2017 10:08 am

Originally Posted by paulieuk (Post 27692406)
And if it's a consolation, remember you wouldn't be getting triple the F earning rate, everyone gets a bonus which is actually 2 x the Y-earning rate for the route, unless booked in discount economy which earns a lesser bonus.

Yes, is very much weighted away from premium cabins unfortunately; it's probably not enough to sway me away from my current no BA for longhaul policy without a better sale to go along with it.

perthflyer Jan 2, 2017 10:17 am

I had the same success/failure page that others have had. Just after doing that registration I booked a PER-GLA for a few weeks time so will be interesting to see if I get the extra Avios on the SYD-SIN-LHR-GLA flights which are on BA.

Jonrross Jan 2, 2017 10:19 am

Considering the current glitches I'd say you'd be in a good position to call up after your flights (if the bonus Avios didn't credit) and claim you'd registered in time. I had this last year with a promo, took a bit of back and forth but they eventually credited the Avios acknowledging the known issues when the promo was first set up.

rockflyertalk Jan 2, 2017 10:19 am

My registration has been unsuccessful and not eligible for the offer!

Any one know the reason why? Or should I hold out and try again. Is it purely for members that missed the same 2016 offer?

henkybaby Jan 2, 2017 10:20 am

Datapoint: Dutch BAEC account. Registration successful without any problems.

Globaliser Jan 2, 2017 11:53 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27691670)

Yeah I got the same just now actually, I wonder if they haven't finished setting the IT up properly before making the page live.

This has been a pretty consistent feature of recent offer registration.

xhemp Jan 2, 2017 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 27693010)
This has been a pretty consistent feature of recent offer registration.

Hehe, great feature!
So probably try in a few days is the thing to do?

Tafflyer Jan 2, 2017 12:05 pm

Registration successful, no problem.

This is not the time of year this offer would normally appear. I do think this says something about the level of bookings received, or predicted to be received.

Skyrocker Jan 2, 2017 12:38 pm

I am still getting "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

the last time in September, i was able to register with no problems from first attempt.