FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Global triple Avios offer : flights booked and flown up to 31 Mar 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812264-global-triple-avios-offer-flights-booked-flown-up-31-mar-2017-a.html)

Fitch Jan 25, 2017 3:49 am

Just a question for information (as the answer doesn't materially affect me)...

While clearly an RFS is not a "Qualifying Flight" for the purposes of awarding the promotional bonus, does it count towards the 8 sectors limit ? Logic would suggest "no" but this is BA after all :)

ENTP Jan 25, 2017 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 27814514)
Just a question for information (as the answer doesn't materially affect me)...

While clearly an RFS is not a "Qualifying Flight" for the purposes of awarding the promotional bonus, does it count towards the 8 sectors limit ? Logic would suggest "no" but this is BA after all :)

Didn't affect me in the last promo. Eight tripled-up sectors with RFS inbetween that were also booked in the period.

scanditraveller Jan 25, 2017 7:40 am

I am flying LHR-GRU return in February in WT+. Booked in December and then registered for the 3x promo in January, so I understand I won't get 3x on this trip. However, under Manage my Booking I have an offer to upgrade for cash the return leg to CW. I have gone for such online cash upgrades many times before and the ticket always gets reissued with a new ticket number.

Anyone got experience with whether the reticketing on the back of a online cash upgrade will trigger the 3x promo?

rossmacd Jan 25, 2017 7:48 am

Originally Posted by scanditraveller (Post 27815187)
Anyone got experience with whether the reticketing on the back of a online cash upgrade will trigger the 3x promo?

I got re-ticketed due to a schedule change/cancellation, but no bonus Avios appeared (yet).

scanditraveller Jan 25, 2017 10:16 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 27815224)
I got re-ticketed due to a schedule change/cancellation, but no bonus Avios appeared (yet).

Ok. After the rescheduling but before the trip, did you check under "Manage my Booking" whether the Avios amount for the booking had changed to reflect the 3x promo?

Oaxaca Jan 25, 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by scanditraveller (Post 27815947)
Ok. After the rescheduling but before the trip, did you check under "Manage my Booking" whether the Avios amount for the booking had changed to reflect the 3x promo?

Almost certain the Avios bonus amount doesn't show in MMB, it just gets posted afterwards as Special Promotion. You just see the usual Avios in MMB according to flight booked and paid for, including any normal cabin and tier bonuses.

Can't help you on whether re-ticketing of a booking made before the promo started will trigger the promo, though when I have taken a POUG on a booking during the promo period (first booking made after promo started), the bonus avios have been awarded based on the upgraded class rather than the class originally booked.

flyingquack Jan 27, 2017 8:22 am

Originally Posted by scanditraveller (Post 27815187)
I am flying LHR-GRU return in February in WT+. Booked in December and then registered for the 3x promo in January, so I understand I won't get 3x on this trip. However, under Manage my Booking I have an offer to upgrade for cash the return leg to CW. I have gone for such online cash upgrades many times before and the ticket always gets reissued with a new ticket number.

I don't think so or at least not in my experience.
Took flight LHR-AUH booked before promo period but then did an online upgrade in MMB from WT to WTP. No triple avios awarded and only the equivalent of standard WTP.

capt787 Jan 27, 2017 8:46 am

No bonus credited....

So I flew LHR-JFK-BWI-LHR...BA wont credit the bonus because I purchased with American airlines despite BA flights/metal...

on the previous round of this I was awarded for similar flights.. shortly after spoke to another BA person and they agreed the transatlantic legs would count, one week later I received and email saying they wouldn't...

anyone shed some light for me....?

appreciate your comments..

rockflyertalk Jan 27, 2017 8:57 am

Apologies if this has been asked before...however the "Avios you will earn" displayed when you go through the booking process, is this the usual amount? Or the promotional amount?

BA6501 Jan 27, 2017 9:15 am

Usual amount.

Sophoclefr Jan 27, 2017 2:04 pm

I never recieved an email for this offer (I did for the last one) but managed to register for it without any problem using the link at the start of this post (thanks for it!!!). Is it normal?

ENTP Jan 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr (Post 27826846)
I never recieved an email for this offer (I did for the last one) but managed to register for it without any problem using the link at the start of this post (thanks for it!!!). Is it normal?

You can register throughout the entire period, but you will only receive the benefits for tickets booked after you register (and perhaps some non-BA eligible tickets)

Sophoclefr Jan 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks but:
1/ it's surprising I didn't receive an email about the offer?
2/ as a result I only registered this week and am going to lose the bonus on 2 return flights I booked last week?

Virazuno Jan 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr (Post 27826905)
Thanks but:
1/ it's surprising I didn't receive an email about the offer?
2/ as a result I only registered this week and am going to lose the bonus on 2 return flights I booked last week?

I don't think a marketing e-mail went out? If it did, I didn't get one either.

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to get the bonus on those flights. It seems the IT is enforcing most of the T+Cs...

CmonMunster Feb 2, 2017 1:52 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before..... looking at the terms am I right in saying that the TATL sector has to be on BA stock? Or can it be on AA stock on AA metal, and the flight just has to have a BA codeshare flight number on it?

It's currently working out cheaper for the exact same flights on AA stock than it is on BA stock....

BA6501 Feb 2, 2017 2:09 pm

Looking at the T&Cs, it suggests it has to be a BA flight number, operated by BA/AA/IB/AY, for it to qualify. Stock (ticket stock, 125 vs 001) shouldn't matter.

I've had success in getting an AA flight number operated by BA credited, not sure if that should have happened or not.

kingcole974 Feb 3, 2017 12:15 am

I also had an AY flight on BA metal credited

fp7100 Feb 12, 2017 5:59 am

Does this only count for flying on BA metal, or are codeshares included? i.e. could I get triple points on a JAL flight with a BA flight number?

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27691651)
The good news is this appears to have returned on the same terms as last year - http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s/triple-avios

The bad news is a devaluation is surely moving ever closer if we are going to continually see massive bonuses.

lost_in_translation Feb 12, 2017 9:55 am

Originally Posted by fp7100 (Post 27898177)
Does this only count for flying on BA metal, or are codeshares included? i.e. could I get triple points on a JAL flight with a BA flight number?

As per the terms in the link you pasted, the flight must be BA coded and BA operated with the exceptions of BA coded flights operated through the Transatlantic JV, OpenSkies flights and Comair. JL operated flights (and JL-coded BA flights) therefore excluded, I'm afraid.

Lolbert Feb 24, 2017 8:16 am

Am I mistaken in thinking that this offer applies to all BA flights ex London?

None of the bonus miles from my recent flights have been positing to my account so I rang GGL to check and they said that the offer only applies to BA flights to the US (where I have two relevant sectors)? This isn't my reading of the T&Cs. Can anyone confirm?

BA6501 Feb 24, 2017 8:22 am

I have been told that twice by GGL team members. It is incorrect.

Did you book the flights before registering? Are you sure you have registered correctly?

Virazuno Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 27952240)
Am I mistaken in thinking that this offer applies to all BA flights ex London?

None of the bonus miles from my recent flights have been positing to my account so I rang GGL to check and they said that the offer only applies to BA flights to the US (where I have two relevant sectors)? This isn't my reading of the T&Cs. Can anyone confirm?

It applies to all BA flights. Ex London or otherwise.

Lolbert Feb 24, 2017 8:33 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 27952273)
I have been told that twice by GGL team members. It is incorrect.

Did you book the flights before registering? Are you sure you have registered correctly?

Thanks. As I thought. GGL confirmed my registration date for the offer and 4 subsequent CE bookings but said they weren't eligible for the offer. I'll call them back.

djb61 Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am

I have flown CE LHR-KBP and KBP-LHR and received the extra Avios with no issue. It posted automatically the same time as the avios/TP for the flight.

andymcdonnell Feb 27, 2017 2:02 am

Exec Club 3x promo

A few weeks back I got a link which said you could get 3x avois on BA flights until march. Last week I flew to JNB and the miles have posted to my account but no sign of the 3x miles. Any ideas?

Ldnn1 Feb 27, 2017 2:04 am

Did you register using the link and entering your details?

Also did you book your flights after registering?

mikeyfly Feb 27, 2017 2:28 am

There were some incidents reported when these posted a few days later, however on my DXB they did post at the same time as the usual Avios

CaroFos Feb 27, 2017 2:33 am

My bonus posted 2 days after the standard avios and TP.

TheClassicPom Feb 27, 2017 3:39 am

Yeah BA are being picky, you need to ensure you fly AFTER you register for the Promo. I didn't get mine to TLL as I registered a few days after I made the booking....there we go.

scottishpoet Feb 27, 2017 4:03 am

I too have not had the triple avios, I booked the fights and the announcement about the program was posted on here that evening and I registered, so it was a few hours after booking the flights I registered and so far I have nothing.

I was going to wait a couple of weeks and then raise a missing miles claim, see what happens

TheClassicPom Feb 27, 2017 4:11 am

Little point emailing them to be honest, I already have and they said no to me and reminded me of the date I made the booking. Ahh well :(

ajamieson Feb 27, 2017 4:16 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 27963859)
I too have not had the triple avios, I booked the fights and the announcement about the program was posted on here that evening and I registered, so it was a few hours after booking the flights I registered and so far I have nothing.

I was going to wait a couple of weeks and then raise a missing miles claim, see what happens

So you registered after booking? Then you wouldn't be entitled to the triple Avios.

Foltan Feb 27, 2017 4:20 am

Yes the flight has to be booked after you'd registered, I think some people have been hoping that pre-booked flights would qualify.

squawk Feb 27, 2017 6:31 am

Sadly I will be in the same boat (possibly the wrong transport mode analogy?) with a forthcoming trip to TLL - I booked just before the promotion was announced, so am not expecting anything. At least I'm on the A350 both ways, so the "triple points" I'm missing is only on the BA O class domestic - barely worth thinking about!

I suspect I'd be a little miffed if I'd booked a full fare F to Australia the day before the promotion launched though.

Calum Feb 27, 2017 6:51 am

Originally Posted by squawk (Post 27964217)
Sadly I will be in the same boat (possibly the wrong transport mode analogy?) with a forthcoming trip to TLL - I booked just before the promotion was announced, so am not expecting anything. At least I'm on the A350 both ways, so the "triple points" I'm missing is only on the BA O class domestic - barely worth thinking about!

I suspect I'd be a little miffed if I'd booked a full fare F to Australia the day before the promotion launched though.

Which would of been refundable so you could just rebook?

squawk Feb 27, 2017 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 27964273)
Which would of been refundable so you could just rebook?

Very good point! Sadly full fare (or even discounted) F is well above my current means so not something I'm too familiar with. In fact, with the possible exception of one or two flights for my former employer, I don't think I've ever been on a truly fully refundable ticket.

cgtechuk Feb 27, 2017 9:28 am

Originally Posted by squawk (Post 27964217)

Not sure it would be any worse as its only base avios that is tripled as I understand it so having the tier bonus and cabin bonus is irrelevant as you are flying the same base miles as someone in Y / T

andymcdonnell Feb 27, 2017 11:32 pm

I booked before the promo was announced :( but I bought an upgrade at LHR from economy to club. Does that suffice as a new booking?

BA6501 Feb 28, 2017 1:05 am

No, the original booking date matters.

ESFLYER95 Feb 28, 2017 2:20 am

Has anybody got any experience of receiving the avios after a new e-ticket has been issued after the promo start date? I have a couple of bookings made before the promo that have been changed during the promo.

Thanks