Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Think I've made a mistake with seat selection for Sunday's LHR-MAD. At T-72 rows 2 and 4 were showing as available, albeit showing 2-4-2. I selected 2E/2F to see what would happen and the selection has stuck, and shows on Expertflyer as the 2 middle seats in the 1-2-1 config. However reading above it seems like we'll have no hope of keeping these and now I can't see the seatmap on BA.com to change back so I'm stuck!

That'll teach me to mess!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Think I've made a mistake with seat selection for Sunday's LHR-MAD. At T-72 rows 2 and 4 were showing as available, albeit showing 2-4-2. I selected 2E/2F to see what would happen and the selection has stuck, and shows on Expertflyer as the 2 middle seats in the 1-2-1 config. However reading above it seems like we'll have no hope of keeping these and now I can't see the seatmap on BA.com to change back so I'm stuck!

That'll teach me to mess!
I've solved my own problem. Qantas.com lets me change the seat back and it has stuck and I can now see the map on ba.com.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
How do you do that out of interest? Do you need to be an account holder on whatever the Qantas FF programme is and then login and go to whatever MMB equivalent is? Is it complex? Never tried to manage a BA booking on anything other than BA website / app. Just curious. Might come in handy one day.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
How do you do that out of interest? Do you need to be an account holder on whatever the Qantas FF programme is and then login and go to whatever MMB equivalent is? Is it complex? Never tried to manage a BA booking on anything other than BA website / app. Just curious. Might come in handy one day.
Just entered my booking ref and name into their website and it brought up my booking. Went to select seats and it showed a full seat map (including the F cabin). Selected an available seat (not thinking it would work) and it did!

You can also manage BA bookings using QR, AY, RJ and UL websites, although the seat selection doesn't usually stick in my experience. These sites can be a life saver when it comes to changing FF number as BA.com won't let you do this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:12 am

Any good for IB flights? I have a terrible time with seat selection etc when I fly IB metal on BA codeshares.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Any good for IB flights? I have a terrible time with seat selection etc when I fly IB metal on BA codeshares.
I've tried for an IB booking I have, and the QF site is only letting me select a preference of Aisle or Window - nothing more specific than that...
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:30 am

Don't get me started on IB

Have been trying to book a VLML meal on their website, selected the relevant option and it confirmed a VGML for me instead, and there is now no way to revert to a normal meal. Would prefer to eat around the meat than to suffer a vegan economy airline meal!

Anyway I digress as this is nothing to do with BA 777 LHR-MAD but I'll take any opportunity to bash IB!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA
Not BA but Iberia's new A350s will operate between Madrid and Heathrow from June for crew training.
nivsy, florens, mikeyfly and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
When did they drop the 777 & 787 from this route? Any idea if it's ever coming back?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by stuarttheap
When did they drop the 777 & 787 from this route? Any idea if it's ever coming back?
I'm planning to fly on a 777 on 2nd April (BA461), so I don't think it's been dropped yet...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks, I can see it in the afternoon now!

Am I going crazy or did the triple used to fly on BA459 & 458 earlier in the day?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by stuarttheap
Thanks, I can see it in the afternoon now!

Am I going crazy or did the triple used to fly on BA459 & 458 earlier in the day?
Indeed, the first post of this thread refers to 458 and 459, so you're not going crazy! Not sure when the switch was - I must admit I thought it was in the morning too until an IB schedule change a few weeks ago forced me to look at MAD-LHR options in the evening. Perhaps it changed for 2018?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:54 am

Yeah I flew it a few times on that route - and the return leg time often suited me coming back to London too. Nowadays I seem to be on the 767 quite a bit - all well and good but even for a sentimental old sod like me the nostalgia is wearing a bit thin now. But I really can't abide single aisle 3 abreast full in Y flights so I'll probably keep flying them for now.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
While F wasn't available at OLCI, the crew very kindly moved me, Mrsmsm2000uk, and Babymsm2000uk - along with our friends and their baby

First time in F for my 3 month old, and likewise for our friends baby of a similar age.

I only write this, because the chap in 10G (we were originally 10B,D,E,F) was enormously antsy about being seated next to 2 babies.

Fortunately, the crew ensured he wouldn't be disturbed

Happy Friday all.

M
tynmar likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Interesting a 772 did LGW-BCN today.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.