Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Howard Long
I have a back to back on Saturday on the BA458/459 rotation with an apparently reasonable 90 mins scheduled turnaround, could anyone kindly confirm whether the 777 usually arrives at T4S?
All BA flights from LHR arrive at T4S, only LCY flights arrive at T4 main building.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
could anyone kindly confirm whether the 777 usually arrives at T4S?
Well I am on the flight back to LHR and it leaves from 4S.. Which brings me onto a question of my own....

My 777 into LHR T5 is connecting onto the Dubai flight (Ba0105) also leaving from T5. Its only a 65 min connection and I guess there is a walk/bus/immigration situation to contend with.. Does any one have any insight to where the 777 comes in and the Dubai plane leaves?? I appreciate it changes but any thoughts will be gleefully received.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
My 777 into LHR T5 is connecting onto the Dubai flight (Ba0105) also leaving from T5. Its only a 65 min connection and I guess there is a walk/bus/immigration situation to contend with.. Does any one have any insight to where the 777 comes in and the Dubai plane leaves?? I appreciate it changes but any thoughts will be gleefully received.
There is no immigration since you are not entering the UK. You will need to reclear security.

65 minutes should be adequate.

It is most likely that you will arrive at T5C or T5B and depart from one of those, in which case you may wish to make use of the security facility in T5B. However, it is possible that your flights could arrive/depart from T5A.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-service.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ial-guide.html
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by megaloman
All BA flights from LHR arrive at T4S, only LCY flights arrive at T4 main building.
Unfortunately they no longer exist!

All BA flights in MAD arrive and depart T4S - I don't think a 777 can even park at T4.

IB flights to/from LHR are mainly T4 except for the A330/A340 and the odd exception.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
I'm flying on a 789 to Mad in J . Will the IFE be switched on throughout the flight ?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It shouldn't be but unless the crew switches it off it comes on automatically.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Calchas
There is no immigration since you are not entering the UK. You will need to reclear security.

65 minutes should be adequate.

It is most likely that you will arrive at T5C or T5B and depart from one of those, in which case you may wish to make use of the security facility in T5B. However, it is possible that your flights could arrive/depart from T5A.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-service.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ial-guide.html
Thanks for taking time to answer my question , I appreciate it very much.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
I have a back to back on Saturday on the BA458/459 rotation with an apparently reasonable 90 mins scheduled turnaround, could anyone kindly confirm whether the 777 usually arrives at T4S?

I haven't been to MAD for about 25 years. Moreover this is my first time in CW with 180 deg flat beds, the last time I flew CW it was in a cradle seat, and Concorde still flew to Barbados.
I don't know if this was typical, but when I went to MAD on the 777 in June we parked at a remote stand near T4S on the Saturday, and also departed from a remote stand on the Sunday. This mean bus transfers of course, so if this is normal for the 777 you may want to take that in to consideration.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:26 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I don't know if this was typical, but when I went to MAD on the 777 in June we parked at a remote stand near T4S on the Saturday, and also departed from a remote stand on the Sunday. This mean bus transfers of course, so if this is normal for the 777 you may want to take that in to consideration.
I can confirm that also. I flew to MAD in may , took the early 767 flight down and when waiting in the lounge noticed the 777 parked way out there in the distance. A fellow frequent flyer had bumped into me on the 767 flight down and he was taking the 777 back to LHR.

He left the lounge early because he had to take that bus over to the aircraft and I watched from the lounge.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The flight regularly used a bus stand in April-June. Since then (when it has operated...) it has been at a regular gate more often than not.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
It's a bus again today at MAD. Not a stellar journey especially at MAD itself, where the arrival of a several bus loads of connecting pax seemed to take them by surprise. The bus arrived at T4S, departing from S39 for reference.

Then, after waiting in line for the lounge agent for five minutes, I was given a voucher to bugger off to a roped off section of a restaurant with some less than meagre offerings. They were still letting in Iberia pax to the lounge, no BA ones.

Flight is totally full, lots of op ups.

I guess this 777 is laid on for more than just volume of pax, I'd inagine the Cruz and Walsh brigade enjoy the F cabin rather a lot!

My thoughts on the CW seat, it being the first time I've sat in this cabin since cradle seats were a thing, is that there's nowhere to put any of your stuff. I travel F longhaul almost exclusively, although I did travel RJ longhaul J recently. I found even that more comfortable from a space perspective, with plenty of places to put your stuff.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a bus again today at MAD. Not a stellar journey especially at MAD itself, where the arrival of a several bus loads of connecting pax seemed to take them by surprise. The bus arrived at T4S, departing from S39 for reference.

Then, after waiting in line for the lounge agent for five minutes, I was given a voucher to bugger off to a roped off section of a restaurant with some less than meagre offerings. They were still letting in Iberia pax to the lounge, no BA ones.

Flight is totally full, lots of op ups.

I guess this 777 is laid on for more than just volume of pax, I'd inagine the Cruz and Walsh brigade enjoy the F cabin rather a lot!

My thoughts on the CW seat, it being the first time I've sat in this cabin since cradle seats were a thing, is that there's nowhere to put any of your stuff. I travel F longhaul almost exclusively, although I did travel RJ longhaul J recently. I found even that more comfortable from a space perspective, with plenty of places to put your stuff.
My understanding was that the 777 was required for cargo capacity
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Calchas
My understanding was that the 777 was required for cargo capacity
Today it was 100% full MAD-LHR, there were some very happy punters with opups, and on chatting to the crew the F cabins both ways were almost completely non-status pax. I'm pretty sure it was full the other way too. But then it is that time of year.

The F cabin row 5 showed on OLCI, but I was unable to choose any empty seats. I tried asking at the lounge and was told they couldn't access the system to do seat changes, I take that with a very large pinch of salt, especially considering my ejection due to space constraints, while still taking other pax.

I tried 15A on the return, better I felt than 10G due to windows and privacy.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Hi, If I take an upgrade offer on the BA app from economy to CE do I get the point for CE?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
Hi, If I take an upgrade offer on the BA app from economy to CE do I get the point for CE?
If the original ticket was a cash one yes, if original was economy using avios, then NO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.