Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
It's probably been asked but how does one get allocated a Flub seat if it is not shown on the seat map at OLCI? Do you just keep going back to check and then grab them if they appear?
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It's probably been asked but how does one get allocated a Flub seat if it is not shown on the seat map at OLCI? Do you just keep going back to check and then grab them if they appear?
I too am on BA460 next month. In Club currently. Im pretty sure they only open FLUB if they definitely need the seats (ie when Club is full). I don’t think you can usually choose the seats in MMB or at OLCI. Sometimes you will just get assigned a seat (for status pax) or ask at check in at the airport. I don’t think it’s easy to do.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:54 pm

You wave a magic gold card. Or alternatively, you offer a Mucci to an old colleague
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Over the years I've seen various tactics used and they tend not to work, and indeed can be counter productive. So if Flub opens on MMB after T-72, which seems to be some sort of system related event, then selecting in Flub has the real risk of being booted at T-24 (or just before) into the last available middle seat, in an attempt to keep Flub empty. Then maybe a few hours later the FMU gives up, and moves people into Flub, which may or may not be you. So I've come to the conclusion the best thing to do is to select the best CW seat that you actually are happy to take, then if ExpertFlyer shows that Flub is needed just ask at check-in.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Over the years I've seen various tactics used and they tend not to work, and indeed can be counter productive. So if Flub opens on MMB after T-72, which seems to be some sort of system related event, then selecting in Flub has the real risk of being booted at T-24 (or just before) into the last available middle seat, in an attempt to keep Flub empty. Then maybe a few hours later the FMU gives up, and moves people into Flub, which may or may not be you. So I've come to the conclusion the best thing to do is to select the best CW seat that you actually are happy to take, then if ExpertFlyer shows that Flub is needed just ask at check-in.
its similar with PE for ET passengers, Experflyer says the cabin is in use but I couldn’t check in online into it but asked at airport and agent kindly moved me.

Once Cabin was empty and the other times only a couple of empty seats.. unable to tell why people got seats allocated.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:08 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
We recently flew LHR-MAD in CE on the 777. We were a party of 3 GCH (2 adults and 1 child) and 1 bronze (child). We had seats in the CW cabin. At F wing check in, told F cabin blocked off.

I noticed on expertflyer about 1 hr 15 min before the flight (whilst in the Galleries F Lounge) that the 14 seat F cabin had gone from being all blocked off to 8 people actually seated there. I went to the service desk near the champagne bar and enquired if we too could be moved (the whole of row 1 was still showing as blocked). I was initially told that all the other 6 vacant seats were ‘blocked for trim’ (which I took as somewhat of a fob off) so I left it.

Around 5 min later I was paged back to the desk. I thought we had been successfully reallocated to the F cabin but to my disappointment, was told by the gentleman at the desk that he had called seating and was told that my CIV score of 66 was not high enough to be moved up to the F cabin (they were only moving people with a score of 97 and above).

On board however, when the senior cabin crew member came to do his greeting after boarding, we asked again and were moved to row 1 within a couple of min. This time, we were told we weren’t initially moved ‘because of the children’.

Flight was great and relaxed. We did notice there were a couple of children already seated in the cabin.

So it remains somewhat of a mystery as to how to secure seats in the F cabin on these flights.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:11 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Around 5 min later I was paged back to the desk. I thought we had been successfully reallocated to the F cabin but to my disappointment, was told by the gentleman at the desk that he had called seating and was told that my CIV score of 66 was not high enough to be moved up to the F cabin (they were only moving people with a score of 97 and above).

I honestly do not think that they (presumably Iberia) were being quite truthful with you there. I'm, I'm glad that you got there in the end.

Quite frankly, if if it is there and if it is available I'd go for it, but it is hardly a long flight. CWS - bless you for that, it makes perfect sense.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
My tactic is to check in online but not to get a boarding pass until as late as possible - ie as you're about to head through security, so you're able to move to the F cabin if/when it opens up. Had a 100% success rate with this method so far, which is more than can be said when I've asked at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.