FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1793630-buy-board-implemented-ba-short-haul-opinions-concept.html)

Johnnieboy Sep 29, 2016 7:48 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74 (Post 27279333)
... I cannot for one minute imagine that a single person complained about having a free bar, and asked for a paid one to be introduced.

...whilst at the same time also insisting that fares aren't reduced to compensate...

rossmacd Sep 29, 2016 7:50 am

Is the word "upgrade" the new term for "enhancement" in the BA dictionary?

It looks like they have learned to stay clear of the 'e' word in this car crash.

When I Travel The World Sep 29, 2016 7:51 am

So I don't care about the new menu , I mainly book whatever is most workable for me, so I fly BA, EZ , FR all the time, depends on timing for me. Though I'm am BA Gold.

What gets me is that they are not honouring a free snack or drink for people who paid for this service in advance.

Can they do that ? Is there not some sort of trading standards law here where if you buy something, the company can't just turn around and say , sorry ! we don't do that anymore.

Is that Legal ? What if I bought a ticket including a free bag and then BA turned around and said from Feb 1st...all bags now cost 100 GBP to check, would they not honor the ticket I purchased with the free bag ?

Surely they can't just not honor some sort of voucher or something for the purchased food.

Silver Fox Sep 29, 2016 7:55 am

Just wait until the legroom gets reduced because customers asked for it (naturally this is confidential so we cannot tell you how many).

florens Sep 29, 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by southsidesilver (Post 27279358)
So I don't care about the new menu , I mainly book whatever is most workable for me, so I fly BA, EZ , FR all the time, depends on timing for me. Though I'm am BA Gold.

What gets me is that they are not honouring a free snack or drink for people who paid for this service in advance.

Can they do that ? Is there not some sort of trading standards law here where if you buy something, the company can't just turn around and say , sorry ! we don't do that anymore.

Is that Legal ? What if I bought a ticket including a free bag and then BA turned around and said from Feb 1st...all bags now cost 100 GBP to check, would they not honor the ticket I purchased with the free bag ?

Surely they can't just not honor some sort of voucher or something for the purchased food.

It was indicated in an earlier response that one can get 1000 avios.

cosmo74 Sep 29, 2016 7:57 am

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 27279342)
KARFA and cosmo74 - let's start a search for those passengers who complained about free drinks and bang them over the head with a frying pan!!

I fear it may be a rather long and fruitless search

mikeyfly Sep 29, 2016 7:57 am

Where's the BA Official on here? Don't they usually deliver news and FAQs? They clearly have no time or care for FT as well as their long suffering staff members...

Flexible preferences Sep 29, 2016 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 27279332)
I would like to know how this point will be communicated to passengers.

Presumably if they ask for a glass of water? @:-)

Originally Posted by Arctic Troll (Post 27279335)
It's only pubs or restaurants that retail alcohol, and even they can charge for service and for use of a glass.

Don't mention that to Mr Cruz.

"It's the same fresh potable water you've come to love on British Airways, but due to customer demand we've enhanced the paper cup to a paper cup made by Paperchase. That'll be £4.50 please".

Now now, Arctic Troll, quite mischievous. Could you be living up to your name? ;)

As someone said upthread, shame about the domestic breakfasts.

KARFA Sep 29, 2016 7:59 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 27279373)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27278533-post120.html

That's not what the twitter team are saying. This is a typical response to folks asking about existing bookings for travel beyond 11 January.

Hi xxx, previously the catering and refreshments provided was complementary the cost of which was NOT included in the fare

Tim1975 Sep 29, 2016 7:59 am

Originally Posted by ianfly (Post 27279293)
I'm worried to see what "improvements" are coming to club europe

I think we should be worried. I would put money on the ultimate goal for club Europe to be free drinks plus something like "pick two items from the M&S menu for free".

They will wait a while for customers to get used to the ET enhancement and perhaps for existing CE catering contracts to run their course.

They will then spin it as "following our successful upgrade of ET catering we are pleased to announce that we will be extending it to our EC cabin"

When I Travel The World Sep 29, 2016 8:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidesilver View Post

Well I have 35 confirmed paid and booked flights on BA from Jan 2017 - June 2017.
All short haul Europe hops.

So should I will be rather happy if I get 1000 for each booking !

I have already logged over 30 complaints online via the BA portal for each booking, I guess I will see what they say.

dsf Sep 29, 2016 8:01 am

Originally Posted by southsidesilver (Post 27279393)
Well I have 35 confirmed paid and booked flights on BA from Jan 2017 - June 2017.
All short haul Europe hops.

So should I will be rather happy if I get 1000 for each booking !

I have already logged over 30 complaints online via the BA portal for each booking, I guess I will see what they say.

Ah... now we know why this was announced just as the BD credit card gravy train came to a halt. They needed the Avios to hand out for these complaints instead!

Ancient Observer Sep 29, 2016 8:01 am

rossmac,

Yes, that point struck me aswell. The dictionary needs an update.

"Enhancement" - something that you used to get and like that we are now removing from our service
"Upgrade" - something that used to be free but will now cost you about £10.

allturnleft Sep 29, 2016 8:05 am

Can you take hot drinks on board an aircraft?
Just thinkng of travelling on a train
Normally stock up at Costa before hand.
Are you allowed to have them at take off?

Petrus Sep 29, 2016 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 27279382)
Where's the BA Official on here? Don't they usually deliver news and FAQs? They clearly have no time or care for FT as well as their long suffering staff members...

They sometimes do, but it isn't to be expected. They don't have anything to do with BA staff members suffering. Different departments all together.
Do they care about us here in FT? Not really, unless you're commercially important or bring other value to them...

As for the news: Winter is coming. :(