Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Never noticed the bar despite CX J being my go-to airline for long haul J. Neither has the missus. But YMMV.
Yep - had it happened just once - I would have dismissed it as a one-off, but it happened twice in a row on two different aircraft types.

Hey ho - as you say - YMMV.

I'm actually of the opinion that, on an east coast daylight flight, I'd rather take a WTP seat with an empty seat beside me than a CW seat. I don't need massive recline on a daylight flight and having all the extra space around me is useful.

But of course, you can't guarantee the empty seat in WTP.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:17 am

Thanks for posting hemschmall.

So it looks like no more sliding dividers but what's not clear is what system will replace it. There must be a privacy screen of some sort and to allow those travelling together, there must also be a system that removes the divider. What will that look like? I wonder.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Thanks for sharing this, hemschmall!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Can anybody see an indication of a moveable privacy screen?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Can anybody see an indication of a moveable privacy screen?
This is addressed elsewhere. There are other closeup images of seat features that look pretty final, one of which shows how the divider (there is one) works. The same goes for the footrest, which is a little different to the one shown here.

I think it's just the final 'top-down' image that they're waiting for (possibly linked to why this page was left on it's own). Everything else looks final.

(at least for the CW seat section... the bit about an expanded GC South has some completely blank placeholders... )
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Out of curiosity, and if it's possible to answer it, in this "new" seat version is there any leg support part that can be raised alone, without moving/reclining the backrest?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:56 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by percysmith
(I'm just curious) how come?!

Seat not fully facing forward?
Feet box?
I'm still getting some hip pain from a flight I took in March. It only started when I came off the plane in AMS. There is definitely a noticable bump when in the flat position. I also noticed it on my outward flight too and to be honest, I did feel a niggle in my hip for a couple of days afterwards but gradually went away. Obviously the return trip flared it up again.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I also wonder what MK III means - we could have:

(i) MK I = New Club World (blue, white/grey and brown/grey), Mk. II = Next Generation Club World (blue/brown and cream) (this is my bet)

(ii) MK I = Next Generation Club World (747 & 777, blue upholstery), Mk. II = Next Generation Club World (380 & 787, brown upholstery, slightly adjusted controls)

Also, if we are being strict it is not really the third generation at all:

(iii) MK I = original Club World, MK II = Club World cradle seat, MK III = New Club World, MK IV = Next Generation Club World, MK V = this one!

(iv) or of course it might mean something else entirely like option III of those that have recently been considered!

Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I also wonder what MK III means - we could have:

(i) MK I = New Club World (blue, white/grey and brown/grey), Mk. II = Next Generation Club World (blue/brown and cream) (this is my bet)

(ii) MK I = Next Generation Club World (747 & 777, blue upholstery), Mk. II = Next Generation Club World (380 & 787, brown upholstery, slightly adjusted controls)

Also, if we are being strict it is not really the third generation at all:

(iii) MK I = original Club World, MK II = Club World cradle seat, MK III = New Club World, MK IV = Next Generation Club World, MK V = this one!

(iv) or of course it might mean something else entirely like option III of those that have recently been considered!

My bet goes for MocK-Up III. These things tend to have lots of iterations before becoming final...
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
With Gate to Gate IFE, it is a shame that they cannot find a way of having the screen visible presuming it has to remain latched for take off and landing.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It is pretty clear to me that the Mark III designation relates to the history of the yin-yang flat bed concept. Mark I = 2000 CW (the original NCW), Mark II = 2006 CW, and Mark III = 2018 CW seat

Speculation Alert!

I’m having some fun, exploring the possibilities of how this seat might be arranged whilst using my imagination to fill the information gap on how the window seat bed might be achieved.

This diagram is a product of the Prospero Skunk Works and should not be regarded as the final arrangement

Looking at the two options: [A] the standard yin-yang arrangement we are all familiar with, and [B] a modified arrangement with seat pairs mirrored at alternate rows, it would seem in very broad terms option B might produce a marginal efficiency compared to option A.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For even more storage, could the enclosed footstall section (the ones at least on the aisle) could have a storage box underneath and the footstall rises as a result
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by Prospero
It is pretty clear to me that the Mark III designation relates to the history of the yin-yang flat bed concept. Mark I = 2000 CW (the original NCW), Mark II = 2006 CW, and Mark III = 2018 CW seat

Speculation Alert!

This diagram is a product of the Prospero Skunk Works and should not be regarded as the final arrangement

Looking at the two options: [A] the standard yin-yang arrangement we are all familiar with, and [B] a modified arrangement with seat pairs mirrored at alternate rows, it would seem in very broad terms option B might produce a marginal efficiency compared to option A.
I like the option B. Only concern would be the divider at the feet of the window seats being high and wide enough to prevent having to stare into the opposite passenger's seating area.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Great diagrams
I was trying to work out how the direct access from the Window seats was going to work
So is it essentially an elongated footprint for each seat or a wider angled one?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
The footrest is slightly different in the 'final' closeup images. More akin to what we're used to, but modified to fit into the new space. That may or may not be a little vague!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.