Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I wouldn't expect you'd admit to the latter either!
No-one will ever know! To be honest, the 'leak' was pretty much done with the patents being dug up. That's the general attitude within the company. But as we can see, the patents were anything but final. The example that I've presented here may be tweaked even further.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by hemschmall
This is addressed on another page. Sadly I can-not share this information. The same goes for the situation on the 787, a380 & 777.

For some reason page 7 (this one) was essentially left 'laying about' on the system. Pretty much anyone in the building could have accessed it. For the rest of the pages I would need to access the document itself, and it would be much easier to narrow down who dunnit.
I'm your manager, John. You're fired, Tim!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I thought BA had 'never received a complaint about stepping over'. So why fix something that isn't broken and lose seat density in the process?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
This seems to be what was expected. A small incremental change. As I always say, BA needs to do something to improve the offering but there's only so much space a human needs. Decent product.

Originally Posted by hiima
I'm your manager, John. You're fired, Tim!
Yay, 3 day weekend! No, 4. No, 5. Wait, 6? Hmm...

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I thought BA had 'never received a complaint about stepping over'. So why fix something that isn't broken and lose seat density in the process?
Heh.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
I think many people accept comments like that (and hence why management/spokespeople bother to comment on it), however we on FT and alike all know this isn't the case. Being from within the company, I can guarantee you that I know this isn't the case.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've a sneaky feeling that because everything is thinner, they maybe able to do this with fairly minimal loss of density, or rather total CW seats available. The refitted 747s and the A380 configuration have been a bit of a revelation for the company, by way of a suggestion.

I have something to share.
Welcome to Flyertalk hemschmall and the BA forum, quite an impressive début posting there. Thank you for sharing, it doesn't seem a million miles off something that was shared with staff and (abstractly) mentioned at corporate flyer events recently. I hope you will continue to be active in this forum.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Well, it is indeed a problem, at least for me. 1-2-1 QR config gives you direct aisle access but not the privacy of a BA window seat. Only maybe four window seats on BA have direct aisle access.

Now, if this would change to 100% direct aisle access for window seats, it's a game changer.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
Dear BA, Your Club World seat dividers are always crusted with dirt and it grosses out your customers. Either clean your cabins to remove all the dirt between flights, or give up grossing us out with dirty movable dividers, by not having them!

May I suggest the Cirrus seat being used as being the benchmark for designing Business Class seats, not a London Bus Stop bench for comparing cushion comfort, or a deck chair for overall flimsiness. Frankly, the current Club World Seat and the proposed next generation seats must be a joke as they do not meet the needs or expectations of business class passengers these days.

Sorry BA, we are no longer living in the 1990's, when lay flat seats were a novelty. As for the computer storage tray being 10% larger, well Yipee for something we don't really need. Computers and tablets have gotten slimmer, unlike the average passenger!

Last edited by Peter M; Jun 4, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is it possible that the "announcement" of a non revolutionary club world was more to dampen expectation that BA would invest to retro fit this seat in the existing aircraft? Even though all aisle access is a big deal to most of us?

"We don't want to spend money to refit our aircraft so let's tell everyone this seat is no big deal?"
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Peter M
May I suggest the Cirrus seat being used as being the benchmark for designing Business Class seats,
No thanks, I'd much rather have a CW window seat with direct aisle access than the cirrus seat.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:20 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Most will be with BA until they're around 30 years old. It'll happen for some. Can't be more specific than that though.
I hope this is saying that the aircraft that have life in them will be refitted not that the current generation seats will stay until they are 30 years old...
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Prospero
Another thought, assuming this seat is destined for the A350, i’m not sure a 2-4-2 config can be accommodated inside the floor width available on this aircraft. I flew on CX's A350 in premium economy last week which is configured 2-4-2 and it is very tight width wise.
Bear in mind that typically, BA offer the same number of seats per row in W and J so I would personally expect that to probably continue. And thanks hemschmall for sharing this with us.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Surely, this CW seat evolution could follow the work of JAL with their 777 Sky Suite which is identical, if not bulkier and rectangle.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
This is addressed on another page. Sadly I can-not share this information. The same goes for the situation on the 787, a380 & 777.

For some reason page 7 (this one) was essentially left 'laying about' on the system. Pretty much anyone in the building could have accessed it. For the rest of the pages I would need to access the document itself, and it would be much easier to narrow down who dunnit.
We all really appreciate the information.

That said, you need to be incredibly careful with what you say and how you say it if you care about your job, as writing style makes it pretty easy to identify someone, and there's software to help with that. http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bits/2012/01/03/software-helps-identify-anonymous-writers-or-helps-them-stay-that-way/ is from a few years ago and explains this a bit.

There's also software to anonymize your writing style as well...
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
Surely, this CW seat evolution could follow the work of JAL with their 777 Sky Suite which is identical, if not bulkier and rectangle.
Errr... this doesn't look anything like the JL 777 Sky suite! The excellent current SS7 is all front facing and staggered whilst the design presented in post 1 is just a modernisation of the current BA ying yang.

The new JL 777 Sky suite which will be introduced in July on BKK flights (SS2) is yet completely different and more similar to the Cirrus configurations. Neither resembles what hemschmall posted at the start of this thread in any way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.