Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by hemschmall
For some reason page 7 (this one) was essentially left 'laying about' on the system. Pretty much anyone in the building could have accessed it. For the rest of the pages I would need to access the document itself, and it would be much easier to narrow down who dunnit.
You're a naughty boy/girl, hemschmall, but welcome to FT nonetheless. Your thread will undoubtedly be a busy one...
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:54 pm

I'm still cracking my head how BA is able to squeeze direct aisle access from every seat... is it because the length is now narrower? Or will BA remove several seats from the J cabin thus sacrificing revenue in the process or increasing prices of the remaining to compensate?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'm still cracking my head how BA is able to squeeze direct aisle access from every seat... is it because the length is now narrower? Or will BA remove several seats from the J cabin thus sacrificing revenue in the process or increasing prices of the remaining to compensate?
Maybe this will be at the expense of 1 row. Or the A350 has some 'extra' space that they couldn't fit a full row into.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
BA will lose seats, but still maintain a higher count than say, Cirrus.

Just something they have to accept. The higher seat count & more efficient aircraft (compared to the last CW refresh in 2006) will still give them the edge.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
You're a naughty boy/girl, hemschmall, but welcome to FT nonetheless. Your thread will undoubtedly be a busy one...
Thanks! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any more leaks, but safe to say I think they'll be padlocking everything come Monday!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:02 pm

I really, really hope they retrofit some aircraft. Especially the ageing 777s.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I really, really hope they retrofit some aircraft. Especially the ageing 777s.
Maybe if it's a lighter seat there will be an incentive for them to do this.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Interesting ... broadly positive.
From the 'page 7' and the skift link not sure how the space is to be divided between the passengers. The page 7 implies a high fixed wall (not as good for a couple as now). skift link implies a low wall with pull across blind (so who owns the pull across blind!).

So .. not sure how that'll end up.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gomac
Maybe if it's a lighter seat there will be an incentive for them to do this.
Most will be with BA until they're around 30 years old. It'll happen for some. Can't be more specific than that though.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlefish
Interesting ... broadly positive.
From the 'page 7' and the skift link not sure how the space is to be divided between the passengers. The page 7 implies a high fixed wall (not as good for a couple as now). skift link implies a low wall with pull across blind (so who owns the pull across blind!).

So .. not sure how that'll end up.
The artwork is marked as preliminary. It all gets explained... but on another page! Sorry.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:10 pm

The artwork is marked as preliminary. It all gets explained... but on another page! Sorry.
Go on...just post the whole thing and put us out of our misery!

(At the expense of yours, perhaps...)
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Are you a BA plant trying to get reactions before this goes into production or are you an employee who's shared corporate information?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
No need to apologise, we have something to look forward to
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Are you a BA plant trying to get reactions before this goes into production or are you an employee who's shared corporate information?
If I was the former, I'd hardly admit to it! Haha.

Life is full of mystery.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:17 pm

If I was the former, I'd hardly admit to it! Haha.

Life is full of mystery.
I wouldn't expect you'd admit to the latter either!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.