Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia/BA nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Oh I see - so if I had made the seat change over the phone with BA, it would have gone back into the BA PNR? The seats are correct in MMB, though.

I've had Avios bookings on AA domestic where any seat changes made on aa.com have appeared in myflights, but maybe it's just something that doesn't always happen.

Incidentally, at the moment I can't make any seat changes to AA sectors on 125 tickets, but that's another issue that we don't yet have an answer to!
If there are no BA metal sectors on a revenue booking there would normally not be a BA PNR. For reward bookings though there is a BA PNR which is what you get when you book, and then an AA PNR which you can use on AA.com to manage the booking.

Usually any changes on the AA PNR (the important one since that is the carrier) sync across to the BA PNR at some point (and it is teh BA amadeus PNR which myflights monitors and reports any changes on) - but sometimes they don't. I get the impression that seat selection syncing is a bit flaky - however, it really isn't important that they do sync anyway. Often my seat selections don't match between my BA and AA PNRs but as long as they are right for the AA flights on AA.com that's ok.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 1, 2016 at 3:41 am
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Oh I see - so if I had made the seat change over the phone with BA, it would have gone back into the BA PNR? The seats are correct in MMB, though.
I don't have experience with this exact combination, but if BA shows the correct seats on MMB using the primary (selling) PNR then I would expect myflights to pick that up too. Have you tried manually checking for changes in myflights?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't have experience with this exact combination, but if BA shows the correct seats on MMB using the primary (selling) PNR then I would expect myflights to pick that up too. Have you tried manually checking for changes in myflights?
That's what I thought. I have refreshed the page and also clicked to show changes. What is in green is what changed when it was reticketed before I altered the seats. Ba.com has the correct seats. maybe if I remove the booking and re-add it, it will be correct.

Originally Posted by KARFA
If there are no BA metal sectors on a revenue booking there would normally not be a BA PNR. For reward bookings though there is a BA PNR which is what you get when you book, and then an AA PNR which you can use on AA.com to manage the booking.

Usually any changes on the AA PNR (the important one since that is the carrier) sync across to the BA PNR at some point (and it is teh BA amadeus PNR which myflights monitors and reports any changes on) - but sometimes they don't. I get the impression that seat selection syncing is a bit flaky - however, it really isn't important that they do sync anyway. Often my seat selections don't match between my BA and AA PNRs but as long as they are right for the AA flights on AA.com that's ok.
it's a revenue booking on ba.com with one AA sector. I agree - I always go with what's on the operating carrier's website. in past ba.com has been inaccurate, in the same way that the AA PNR now shows the BA sectors as unassigned for seats.

I would espect the BA PNR and myflights to match, whether they're right or wrong.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what I thought. I have refreshed the page and also clicked to show changes. What is in green is what changed when it was reticketed before I altered the seats. Ba.com has the correct seats. maybe if I remove the booking and re-add it, it will be correct.
Just one thought: have you had a look on classic.checkmytrip.com? It would be interesting to see whether that shows the same seat information as ba.com MMB or as myflights. CMT is a pretty direct portal into the Amadeus system, so that could be a clue as to what's going on.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Just one thought: have you had a look on classic.checkmytrip.com? It would be interesting to see whether that shows the same seat information as ba.com MMB or as myflights. CMT is a pretty direct portal into the Amadeus system, so that could be a clue as to what's going on.

Details match the BA PNR (and what I have selected on aa.com) but not myflights.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:17 am

Just noticed that there are green ticks next to all the seats on checkmytrip, except the AA ones. Does that make a difference?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:26 am

Just noticed that there are green ticks next to all the seats on checkmytrip, except the AA ones. Does that make a difference?
Checkmytrip is reading off amadeus as well (just like myflights) - although I am not sure why they don't match. When it comes to seats as long as your AA PNR on AA.com is correct for your AA flights I really wouldn't worry if myflights/BA MMB/checkmytrip show something different.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: AA : BA
If there are no BA metal sectors on a revenue booking there would normally not be a BA PNR. .
Don't normally question such an eminent authority KARFA , but I have a BA booking with flights only on EI and AA. Three PNRs, one for BA, another for EI and a separate record locator for the AA sectors.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by SoggyDollar
Don't normally question such an eminent authority KARFA , but I have a BA booking with flights only on EI and AA. Three PNRs, one for BA, another for EI and a separate record locator for the AA sectors.
Yes, sorry I think looking back I may not have got that one quite right.

On reflection I think a BA ticketed booking including both revenue and reward bookings does get a BA PNR as well as PNRs for the actual operating carriers - my earlier post suggested that only BA ticketed reward bookings got a BA PNR.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Details match the BA PNR (and what I have selected on aa.com) but not myflights.
Then I would suspect some communications problem between myflights and the actual Amadeus PNR (although that's not necessarily a myflights problem, as it might simply be that whatever myflights is drawing from has not updated).
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:38 am

When it comes to seats as long as your AA PNR on AA.com is correct for your AA flights I really wouldn't worry if myflights/BA MMB/checkmytrip show something different.
Totally agree! I was just intrigued why the others were not synced.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At least one EC261 claimant used the oneworld / Heathrow address.
Think you mean me - as advised by Iberia CR I used the address on their website. Their lawyers amended it in their response to the court. Going OT I got my hearing date the other day.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, sorry I think looking back I may not have got that one quite right.

On reflection I think a BA ticketed booking including both revenue and reward bookings does get a BA PNR as well as PNRs for the actual operating carriers - my earlier post suggested that only BA ticketed reward bookings got a BA PNR.
If there are any BA flights --- marketed or operated --- BA need to know about them and therefore they will require an Amadeus PNR. Whether BA creates that PNR or another Amaedus-using airline does will depend on the detail of the ticketing carrier.

If BA tickets a booking (whether as a reward booking or because you enjoy asking the GGL line to issue tickets for Luxair itineraries) there will also be a BA PNR.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
If there are any BA flights --- marketed or operated --- BA need to know about them and therefore they will require an Amadeus PNR. Whether BA creates that PNR or another Amaedus-using airline does will depend on the detail of the ticketing carrier.
Yes so

- any booking including a BA operated/marketed flight, or
- any BA ticketed booking (including both revenue bookings and and reward bookings) even if it does not include BA operated/marketed flights

will have at least one BA PNR.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:25 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
The promised update.

I told my parents upon arriving back in the UK to check their email and phone up their CC provider who confirmed no payment had gone through.

My dad who isn't very good at anything to do with internet or email, didn't check his account, but it would appear Iberia did email him advising to contact them.

I think it would help in this scenario if Iberia/BA cancelled any trace of the booking along with the confirmation code so that if this was missed, the passenger concerned would be aware of a problem before arriving at the airport and would have the opportunity to address it.

As it is, I suspect on their next trip, a lot more attention will hopefully be paid to confirmation emails...

Thanks all for your input though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.