Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia/BA nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by henkybaby
<--- is now frantically checking that all his bookings have ticket numbers....
This is why an app like myflights is invaluable. Shows you the ticket numbers, and ANY changes to the status of a booking.

http://www.myflightsapp.com/
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
This is why an app like myflights is invaluable. Shows you the ticket numbers, and ANY changes to the status of a booking.

http://www.myflightsapp.com/
I have it, but it doesn't work for KLM PNRs. Have to enter those manually. Quite annoying...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have it, but it doesn't work for KLM PNRs. Have to enter those manually. Quite annoying...
Doesn't work for AA unfortunately either. Would be great if it did. I spoke to the developer. It's not likely in the short term either.

Incidentally if you type in myflights.com instead of myflightsapp.com it takes you to the BA home page. BA must have purchased the domain myflights.com
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by golfmad
Doesn't work for AA unfortunately either. Would be great if it did. I spoke to the developer. It's not likely in the short term either.
That is a pity. I was hoping it was just a bug...

Incidentally if you type in myflights.com instead of myflightsapp.com it takes you to the BA home page. BA must have purchased the domain myflights.com
Cool! Nice find. Wonder what the intention was at the time (1999). It is up for grabs soon!

Updated Date: 01-apr-2015
Creation Date: 28-apr-1999
Expiration Date: 28-apr-2016
Have you ever tried typing "my flights" into Google? It shows you your flights... You can specify by carrier if you want.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I mentioned in a previous discussion with CaroFos that if Iberia shows something as cheaper, it is worth a call to BA to check their prices. I have more confidence in the BA system on the whole, though I can't actually point to any problems with Iberia.
I'm going to double check all my various Iberia summer bookings now just to be on the safe side!

So sorry for the OPs parents. Must be very upsetting to miss out on the experience they were looking forward to...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
My bank literally blocks every payment I ever make for flight tickets and texts me asking me to call their fraud department. It's taken me at times over 24 hours to do so and yet you wouldn't have known from the tickets that the payment hadn't been completed. You even get the 'eticket has been issued' emails. If the bank didn't inform me or if I didn't check my messages on that phone, I may go without noticing for a long time.
Like 80% of charges from BA to the BA Chase Visa has been rejected by either BA (not even attempted to charge) or by Chase, thinking it is a fraud. If there is one airline it should let through, you would think it is the brand of the card.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Gshumway
Like 80% of charges from BA to the BA Chase Visa has been rejected by either BA (not even attempted to charge) or by Chase, thinking it is a fraud. If there is one airline it should let through, you would think it is the brand of the card.
That's odd. I put all my BA purchases through my Chase BA card and have never once had a problem. I'm not doubting what you say it's just odd that we have such dissimilar experiences.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
That's odd. I put all my BA purchases through my Chase BA card and have never once had a problem. I'm not doubting what you say it's just odd that we have such dissimilar experiences.
Chase also likes to flag monthly recurring charges, which have been happening for years, as fraudulent.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Interestingly enough my credit card statement generally includes the ticket number on it, which would make a slam-dunk case for the OP.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Gshumway
Chase also likes to flag monthly recurring charges, which have been happening for years, as fraudulent.
I have a Chase card and have never had any BA (or indeed any airline) purchases rejected. I've had 2 email alerts for non-travel related purchases asking me to verify the purchase but never had a transaction declined by them.

Despite the many quirks of BA.com I've never had any problems using whatever credit/charge card I've wanted to make payment.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Inability to add to AA bookings for myflights is because AA don't allow third parties to access their bookings on sabre. It is not a myflights bug.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Inability to add to AA bookings for myflights is because AA don't allow third parties to access their bookings on sabre. It is not a myflights bug.
It is definitely a Sabre issue. Just to add, AA sectors booked through BA on a 125 ticket will show up. Strangely, though the seat selection has not updated on myflights for one AA sector on an upcoming booking. This is not something I've had before.

OP, I hope your parents get it sorted. They have my sympathies.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Just to add, AA sectors booked through BA on a 125 ticket will show up. Strangely, though the seat selection has not updated on myflights for one AA sector on an upcoming booking. This is not something I've had before.
Presumably that is because BA will have created the primary PNR when selling the ticket, so that would be in Amadeus and be accessible by myflights. But if the seat change on an AA sector isn't driven back into the primary Amadeus PNR (which IME can happen if you do that directly with the operating airline) then myflights won't see the change.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Presumably that is because BA will have created the primary PNR when selling the ticket, so that would be in Amadeus and be accessible by myflights. But if the seat change on an AA sector isn't driven back into the primary Amadeus PNR (which IME can happen if you do that directly with the operating airline) then myflights won't see the change.
Exactly. If ithere is a BA PNR as well then the AA information will sync over and you can add the BA PNR to myflights. If you have a wholly AA itinerary and only a sabre PNR then there is no readable PNR to add to myflights.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Exactly. If ithere is a BA PNR as well then the AA information will sync over and you can add the BA PNR to myflights. If you have a wholly AA itinerary and only a sabre PNR then there is no readable PNR to add to myflights.
Oh I see - so if I had made the seat change over the phone with BA, it would have gone back into the BA PNR? The seats are correct in MMB, though.

I've had Avios bookings on AA domestic where any seat changes made on aa.com have appeared in myflights, but maybe it's just something that doesn't always happen.

Incidentally, at the moment I can't make any seat changes to AA sectors on 125 tickets, but that's another issue that we don't yet have an answer to!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.