Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Nicked from EI? I quite like it, simple is better for me. Free flight changes on the mid tier especially as i often rock up to the airport far too early or book a longer layover at lhr when returning home just in case...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Interesting - but let's see what the price points look like ... Presumably this will be bringing a (much?) larger difference between the Hand Baggage fare and the 'with Baggage' fare ?
Aren't those who buy HBO fares most likely the ones to want to change flights?
Apart from the being able to select a seat 48 hours before departure I don't see much difference for me.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
This is welcome and I'll await the fare structure. I would think that the fare buckets would still apply but the fare rules change.

Given that an o/w RFS gives more flexibility for £17.50 than most Y fare buckets, I think this is a potentially excellent move.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Aren't those who buy HBO fares most likely the ones to want to change flights?
I am sure this is factored into the revenue calculations indeed.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 710 77345
No - again, there is no fare difference to pay when you change at the customer service desk on the day for non-HBO tickets.
Ah yes, so in effect even easier to do, at least in theory. I'd certainly be interested to see how this plays out in LHR / LGW and LCY (in particular that one). Hopefully the staff will be geared up for it.....
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days

This is potentially very good news for me, assuming corporate booking sites (meaning, of course, my company's!) still behave as they do now. Our corporate booking site has ignored HBO entirely, and BA can still price at a level where it's a viable option. Assuming there's no substantial increase in the middle option that prices BA entirely out of the market, the benefit will be increased flexibility.

The problem will come if the middle option skyrockets in price. Our policy doesn't require connections so in theory I could still use BA for most itineraries, and I don't mind paying a small premium for non-stop. But if the middle fare is going to end up at some multiple of a connecting option on another carrier it'll be difficult for me to justify that spend. Everyone's under cost-control pressure these days!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
So the only differences between SuperFlex en HyperFlex are that HyperFlex is cancelable and allows free seat selection at time of booking?

Am I reading this correct?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have a funny feeling that us status holders are going to be disappointed over seat selection on the middle fare and we'll only be able to select at T-48hrs. I don't base this on any knowledge, just a gut feel.

I dearly hope I am proved wrong!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:08 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Will this apply to all tickets from 8th March or tickets bought from 8th March?

Reason I ask is I am returning late March from AMS-LHR-GLA and although previously I've asked on another thread, I have a 1 hour connection at LHR. I've got bags of time in AMS after I arrive from HKG on CX and was thinking about asking at the ticket desk about getting an earlier flight to LHR.

Have looked online about changing the flight and it's £100 + any fare difference. What should I expect if I asked at the desk on the day?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Cheers all.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I have a funny feeling that us status holders are going to be disappointed over seat selection on the middle fare and we'll only be able to select at T-48hrs. I don't base this on any knowledge, just a gut feel.

I dearly hope I am proved wrong!
It could explain all the recent seat selection problems for status holders...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-advance.html
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Well it looks OK at first glance, but it will all completely depend upon the price differential and if there are associated changes to status benefits. Somehow I don't see all of the hand baggage 'present' fares just being converted to semi-flex with no increase in price.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Wait ..... this all sounds a little familiar .....

Oh yes .....

http://www.flybe.com/ticket-types/
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:33 am

I'm interested in the TPE associated with these fares. I've been using Optiontown recently and netting 20tp each way for circa £110.

I imagine this may screw with this
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
As others have said, I am pretty certain that the gap in price between HBO and Semi-flex will be substantial!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:40 am

There's also the issue of TPs. For example at present you can earn 10 TPs on a pretty cheap HBO fare in N class. It's possible (I'm not saying likely) that BA will change all N class and above fares to 'WTB' fares with a corresponding increase in price, meaning essentially that all cheap shorthaul P2P will only earn 5 TP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.