Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
HH diamond

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Since reaching ggl I started using Hilton for travels because of the great benefits as diamond. Which was in May this year. So my first ggl year and Hilton started in May. Now I never thought about that this is a 'trial' period.
I will be 7 nights short of hitting diamond by stays til Dec 31st. Next year I will def. Reach diamond cuz of starting in January.
I always thought as long as I am ggl I keep the diamond? Or do I have to leave my home in Dec and move to the Hilton next door for 7 nights so they won't end this 'trial'
Thank you
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I always thought as long as I am ggl I keep the diamond? Or do I have to leave my home in Dec and move to the Hilton next door for 7 nights so they won't end this 'trial'
Thank you
I don't use the GGL Hilton Diamond status as I am Diamond anyway so I can't answer your question from experience. However, my understanding is that the Hilton Diamond status should be renewed for you annually when you renew your GGL status when you request it. Where does your reference to a 'trial' come from?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:28 am

I downloaded a terms and conditions of ggl 2015 pdf that quotes a 12 months trial.
It is really misleading as the 12 months of course follow the baec year and not the Hilton year.
I just don't wanna be 6 nights short. I really enjoy those perks and Hilton is doing a great job.
I will keep the status anyway from. Next year.only the first year I won't quite make it cuz I started 1.june with my baec year
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I downloaded a terms and conditions of ggl 2015 pdf that quotes a 12 months trial.
It is really misleading as the 12 months of course follow the baec year and not the Hilton year.
I just don't wanna be 6 nights short. I really enjoy those perks and Hilton is doing a great job.
I will keep the status anyway from. Next year.only the first year I won't quite make it cuz I started 1.june with my baec year
like golfmad I have never heard about it being a trial. As far as I know as long as you maintain GGL you can ask the team to send the request to Hilton to set you as a diamond.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
After my first year of GGL, I noticed my Diamond Hiltonn Honors status had expired, which was unfortunate as it was on the day of travel.

Since then, I have asked BA to renew my status annually before/when my GGL renews and I have not had an issue.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
On the same them, my GGL collection year will expire 8th April 2019 and chances are I will not reach GGL but will hit gold this time. I currently have Hilton Diamond (not via GGL benefit) which expires March 31st 2019. I will not be able to reach Diamond through stays this year. My question is if I wait until 31st March when Diamond expires, and apply for Hilton Diamond before 8th April when GGL expires, will they grant me a years Hilton Diamond? I'm guessing not.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by booogle
On the same them, my GGL collection year will expire 8th April 2019 and chances are I will not reach GGL but will hit gold this time. I currently have Hilton Diamond (not via GGL benefit) which expires March 31st 2019. I will not be able to reach Diamond through stays this year. My question is if I wait until 31st March when Diamond expires, and apply for Hilton Diamond before 8th April when GGL expires, will they grant me a years Hilton Diamond? I'm guessing not.
It's an edge case but I suspect it will work. There's nothing to stop a GGL requesting Hilton Diamond status part way through their BAEC year. In your case you won't be asking for it until close to the end of your year but I do think it will work. It will be interesting to hear what happens when you try to please do report back.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
It's an edge case but I suspect it will work. There's nothing to stop a GGL requesting Hilton Diamond status part way through their BAEC year. In your case you won't be asking for it until close to the end of your year but I do think it will work. It will be interesting to hear what happens when you try to please do report back.
Thanks, and I'll be sure to update next April
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I’m clearly being dense - I thought Hilton Honors was on a calendar year? I have always renewed in December via GGL line if I didn’t qualify naturally with Hilton stays. Where would I find my Hilton “year” in the app / www? Ta.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:45 pm

You might be right with the calendar year, I was thinking it was 31st March as that's the end date on my physical membership card. This leads to another question, does the Diamond GGL benefit give 12 months from date its granted, or is it tied to Hilton membership year or GGL year?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by rjn21
I’m clearly being dense - I thought Hilton Honors was on a calendar year? I have always renewed in December via GGL line if I didn’t qualify naturally with Hilton stays. Where would I find my Hilton “year” in the app / www? Ta.
The Hilton year in a calendar one but I think the benefits don't expire until the end of the following March.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:10 am

It is confusing... as the GGL TCs clearly state now "a 12 month trial period" .. whatever it means.. and of course this clearly is 12 months from reaching GGL... not the HH calender year.

good idea to just hit up GGL service now and ask them to set it up for the next HH year starting JAN. thnx
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It is confusing... as the GGL TCs clearly state now "a 12 month trial period" .. whatever it means.. and of course this clearly is 12 months from reaching GGL... not the HH calender year.

good idea to just hit up GGL service now and ask them to set it up for the next HH year starting JAN. thnx
That ‘trial’ wording has been the same from the very first time this benefit was introduced. I’d ignore it.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I'm just about to call the GGL line but wanted to get some clarification here first. I want to book a return to a Middle East city for 5 from London. No award availability on the outward sector. D9 and A4 on expertflyer for out and return. Can i use joker to get 5xCW seats (or 2xF and 3xCW) and can I use a 241 in my wife's Silver BAEC account as well as one of my own? I have a couple of GUF1 and GUF2s. Trying to be as avios effective as possible. thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
Gifted gold - does the FandF requirement conflict with separate HH

My son is GGL and I’m Silver. We are not in the same household accounts and can’t be. Can I also be in his Family and friends account And be nominated for his gold partner account? His tier year ends in April and mine in August and he won’t be renewing GGL - how long would my gifted gold status last and when it finishes do I then revert to my own earned silver status?

Last edited by Keystone; Dec 12, 2018 at 3:15 pm Reason: Title added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.