Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Is there any way to specifically check fare bucket availability on flights as an automated alert?
​​​​​Basically BA is willing to sell LHR-SIN-SYD on the 777 as A fare, but not willing to sell SIN-SYD separately as A (only F).
Assuming there's only F available right now, what are the chances A will come back into play - presumably zero?
​​​​​​Need this availability to use GGL redemption in First - have booked a backup in CW for the time being, hence wanting to setup an alert (which seatguru doesn't seem to offer with such specific fare class detail).
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Is there any way to specifically check fare bucket availability on flights as an automated alert?
​​​​​Basically BA is willing to sell LHR-SIN-SYD on the 777 as A fare, but not willing to sell SIN-SYD separately as A (only F).
Assuming there's only F available right now, what are the chances A will come back into play - presumably zero?
​​​​​​Need this availability to use GGL redemption in First - have booked a backup in CW for the time being, hence wanting to setup an alert (which seatguru doesn't seem to offer with such specific fare class detail).
Expertflyer
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dylanks
I received an email today that my Hilton Diamond status was updated, which as we know is a GGL benefit. The interesting twist this time around is that this happened without me needing to request that the GGL team make this happen, so it sounds like the GGL team proactively reached out to Hilton when my GGL status renewed to make this happen!
Yes I got that as well today - I earned Gold by my stays in Hilton last year so I was pleased to see I'd been renewed1
Markie and dylanks like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yes I got that as well today - I earned Gold by my stays in Hilton last year so I was pleased to see I'd been renewed1
I'd say the fact we've all had different experiences this year would indicate some kind of manual process here.
Discovery Bay likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Do you have Expert Flyer? If not post the dates and we'll take a look at the numbers.

If the flight is far out it's feasible they're holding out for full F on that fifth freedom flight and may release A later on. If it's close in, you're likely SOL.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:10 am

Hot off the press from next week GGLs will be able to guest upto five people into the lounge.

This is on a permanent basis and not the seasonal promotions.

I am not sure about the CCR and am pretty sure this will not include non BA run lounges.
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I see the Heathrow Express benefit is now listed on the GGL Benefits page:

Upgrade to Business First on Heathrow Express*

As a Gold Guest List Member, our partners at Heathrow Express invite you to enjoy a free upgrade to their Business First class. Save time with priority carriages, ensuring a quick arrival and departure from the platform. When onboard take advantage of increased privacy and leg room, and complimentary magazines and newspapers. Or stay connected with complimentary wifi, at-seat power and spacious worktables.

Purchase an Express class Heathrow Express ticket from heathrowexpress.com/avios, the Heathrow Express app, in stations or on board the train. Take a seat in the Business First carriage and simply show your valid Gold Guest List card or app along with your ticket.

*Business First upgrade is bound by the Heathrow Express Terms and Conditions.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LUFTY
Hot off the press from next week GGLs will be able to guest upto five people into the lounge.

I am not sure about the CCR and am pretty sure this will not include non BA run lounges.
What’s the source for this? (Or is it a secret ) It’d be a very rarely used benefit for me but nice to have in those very unusual cases.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:54 am

What’s the source for this? (Or is it a secret ) It’d be a very rarely used benefit for me but nice to have in those very unusual cases.
It is on the BA Internal Intranet sent to at least all Gatwick staff. I was shown it so I can vouch for its authenticity.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Do you have Expert Flyer? If not post the dates and we'll take a look at the numbers.

If the flight is far out it's feasible they're holding out for full F on that fifth freedom flight and may release A later on. If it's close in, you're likely SOL.
It's Feb 2020. Looking at the seat layout in EF, there are two pax booked in F for the SIN-SYD part - presumably they've eaten up the only two A fares on that flight? Looking on BA.com I can see the flights are selling F fare only in First (A fare is available the day after or two days after my chosen dates - I can't remember).

The only strange thing to me is that BA would have happily sold LHR-SIN-SYD (all on the 777) as A fare, but wouldn't sell LHR-SIN (A380) and SIN-SYD (777) all the way through in A (despite that second flight being the very same in both scenarios!). Given how much I prefer the A380 in First, I've selected that, booking into the 777 in D fare for Club World on the shorter connecting leg.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:55 am

This would potentially benefit me quite often when on group bookings.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:36 am

So here's a question. Connecting LHR-SIN (F) and onward to SIN-SYD (J), does the Concorde Bar permit access as a customer continuing from a First flight? I know this would apply to CCR at T5, but this is a different scenario...

Although Qantas F lounge might be open by then, so may just swerve it altogether.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:16 am

I can't imagine this will be extended to the CCR purely due to capacity issues.

As my wife is Gold, we can already guest 3 people between us - so it makes no odds when travelling with the family.

The one scenario I can think of where it will be helpful is when going on Stag Dos...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:35 am

So here's a question. Connecting LHR-SIN (F) and onward to SIN-SYD (J), does the Concorde Bar permit access as a customer continuing from a First flight? I know this would apply to CCR at T5, but this is a different scenario...

Although Qantas F lounge might be open by then, so may just swerve it altogether.
Assuming it’s a same day connection, your inbound F flight to SIN will give you access to the ‘coffin’ prior to your SYD flight.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:27 am

It is on the BA Internal Intranet sent to at least all Gatwick staff. I was shown it so I can vouch for its authenticity.
Got the email just now to confirm this change in policy.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I can't imagine this will be extended to the CCR purely due to capacity issues.
Correct, the guests only get to sample the school dinners canteen in GF:

Terms and Conditions

This benefit is only available to Gold Guest List and Gold Guest List for Life Members. It is linked to your individual Executive Club membership, is not transferable, and is subject to the standard conditions of your membership.

Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access). Should your first choice of lounge not be available you may be asked to use the business (Club World) lounge.

This extended access does not apply to The Concorde Room.

Guests travelling with the Gold Guest List Member from London Heathrow Terminal 5 may use The First Wing.

Due to limited capacity at London Heathrow Terminal 3 and all other worldwide airports, additional guests will be asked to use standard security lanes.

This offer is limited to British Airways flights only at all British Airways owned and operated lounges worldwide.

For all other flights and lounges, including oneworld carriers, standard Guest Access Policy applies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.