Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jazzyjeff
On Friday I was flying in First Class and wanted to bring two guests into the CCR with me. It was my understanding that I could do this on the basis of one guest for First Class and one for GGL/CCR card.

The agent on the desk informed me that I could only bring one guest, as it was either First or CCR card and it was only Premiers that were allowed two guests.

I emailed the GGL team and they confirmed that the agent was indeed correct.

Is is this a recent change or has this always been the case?
there have been some other reports of this nature and suggestion that the there is a new lounge eligibity guide which only shows one guest. The version I have from 2016 clearly shows two guests for a GGL in BA F but you do need to turn to page 13 relating to status as the summary for the CCR on page 4 doesn’t show it.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just looking at the lounge access link, but it doesn't mention codeshare.

A silly booking agent has put me on an IB number for a BA flight. Will my CCR access therefore not be possible?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Data point-

Mrs Gastrocnemius's TP year ended 8/3- card expired 30/4. Gifted her a Gold card on 1/5- now valid until 30/04/21!

��
Old May 3, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Just looking at the lounge access link, but it doesn't mention codeshare.

A silly booking agent has put me on an IB number for a BA flight. Will my CCR access therefore not be possible?

Thanks
No probs.. Access granted.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Data point-

Mrs Gastrocnemius's TP year ended 8/3- card expired 30/4. Gifted her a Gold card on 1/5- now valid until 30/04/21!

��
That’s normal, it’s really a very good benefit if you can time it right.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
there have been some other reports of this nature and suggestion that the there is a new lounge eligibity guide which only shows one guest. The version I have from 2016 clearly shows two guests for a GGL in BA F but you do need to turn to page 13 relating to status as the summary for the CCR on page 4 doesn’t show it.
I, politely as possible, asked today to confirm the situation of a GGL travelling in F, and guesting into the CCR as I need to avail of that in the upcoming weeks. Initially the podium person said 2 guests. Then they checked themselves and showed me the 1 guest page from p.4. I suggested I thought there was another page that was specific to GGL. They agreed and showed me p.13 and it matched the p.13 of the pdf eligibility guide I have with the 2 guests. So it would appear there is no change to the policy based on the access guide the podium person had today.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rjn21
I, politely as possible, asked today to confirm the situation of a GGL travelling in F, and guesting into the CCR as I need to avail of that in the upcoming weeks. Initially the podium person said 2 guests. Then they checked themselves and showed me the 1 guest page from p.4. I suggested I thought there was another page that was specific to GGL. They agreed and showed me p.13 and it matched the p.13 of the pdf eligibility guide I have with the 2 guests. So it would appear there is no change to the policy based on the access guide the podium person had today.
thank you for reporting back. Yes what you describe seems to be a common mistake, they will look at page 4 which relates to BA F but doesn’t make mention of the extra guest for a GGL. If you go further in to the pages relating to status it does show a GGL in BA F can guest two.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:24 am

New Partner Card Nomination

so my TP year ended yesterday and im down to 0 ... :-(
I should be able to nominate new partner cards now?.. but I cant see where?

thnx
Markie likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat

thnx
I'm not certain but I would have thought the partner cards would become available at the beginning of your next membership year (so 1 July) rather than TP year?
Old May 9, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat

thnx
Surely the nominate partner cards tab is still available in Manage My Account as normal? It's at the bottom of that page on ba.com.

What does it say there? I think you can re-nominate from your new membership year rather than the end of your TP year though so, as mentioned above, I assume you need to wait until 1st July.

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; May 9, 2019 at 7:04 am
Old May 9, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Surely the nominate partner cards tab is still available in Manage My Account as normal? It's at the bottom of that page on ba.com.

What does it say there? I think you can re-nominate from your new membership year rather than the end of your TP year though so, as mentioned above, I assume you need to wait until 1st July.

good call!.. at least I found this button :-)
I read in the wiki that it was on the friends and family page where I didnt see anything..
Here on this nomination site ... under Gold and Silver nominiees.. I dont see anything.. and nothing clickable..

My membership year starts today, if my TP year ended yesterday? well I guess not.. but after my card ends .. so lets see what the July brings
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:05 am

For my current year it took a few days for the Partners Card nomination button to show up in my account.

I got an email on 16th of the month in which my TPs reset inviting me to share my partner cards (as that was over 6 months ago I should probably tidy up my inbox).
Old May 13, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by woglet86
I'm not certain but I would have thought the partner cards would become available at the beginning of your next membership year (so 1 July) rather than TP year?
TP year ended on 8th... email arrived on the 12th - cards were there..
Markie likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by EGLK FLYER
I’ve just reached GGL and am trying to use my 2 jokers for this year.

With regard to getting upgrade the OP say this if fare bucket not available....

‘though the GGL team can request additional seats on your behalf in some circumstance’. Does anyone know what these ‘circumstances’ would be?

The flight I’m looking to upgrade 2 pax show 3 seats in First on the BA app yet EF shows F1 A1. And the agent has, probably quite rightly, said that the fare bucket (A?) is not available. So is this a situation when these ‘circumstances’ might apply?

thanks

The circumstance I had was something like F9 A3 or A4 and I needed 5 seats... there were zero seats sold in F at the time (about 6-7 months in advance of PHX-LHR on Dec 23)... they were able to get availability cleared within about 15 min and called me back. However this was 3 years ago and I’ve not tried since.

Note that I’ve been reluctant to update the guide as each time I do, the FT editor breaks some of the links. I’ve not tried recently but if that bug has been fixed then I’ll perhaps make an update to the guide.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
As above, the GGL team can request an additional A class seat if needed. So if there are 5 unsold F seats in the cabin but the buckets are showing F5A1 and you need 2 seats, they may well be able to get one of the F into A so you can book.

I doubt they'd do it with the last available seat unless it was very close to departure, but may be route dependent. LAX - no chance. ATL - maybe.

However if it's F1A1 and you need 4 seats, then I'm afraid they can't install more seats on the plane for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.