Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by jsdickinson
I follow his daily vlogs, suspect he is on the way to South Africa
Also. This should make for an interesting vlog! Wondering what he is complaining about. He talks about going to CPT a lot and if he is, he is in the wrong terminal...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Also. This should make for an interesting vlog! Wondering what he is complaining about. He talks about going to CPT a lot and if he is, he is in the wrong terminal...
Very interesting and talented guy indeed! I suspect he's flying through JNB.
Some of his earlier videos feature him flying BA to South Africa (his wife is from CPT originally, and they got married there). Very frequent AA flyer too.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Casey Neistat in CCR at the moment. Famous Youtuber and filmmaker. Also AA CK member. Not happy with something as complaining to BA on twitter.
I wonder if this answers the question about whether AA CK can access the CCR or he is really in F? Last trip to CPT with the baby was in CW IIRC.

I have seen him twice on LAX-JFK, once when I was in F and he walked past me on the way to J and once when I did the same to him! I didn't have the cojones to say 'Hi', sadly.
I really enjoy his videos and in fact I am pretty sure that he is an FTer.....he has rather a good video explaining the AA FF program (pre-enhancement, of course)...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Azure
I wonder if he is on BA 55? Long delay, maybe another reason for the angry tweet
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:27 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I wonder if this answers the question about whether AA CK can access the CCR or he is really in F?
Travelling First https://twitter.com/caseyneistat/sta...00096028827648
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to look this Neistat guy up. I am obviously a very legacy millennial to not know him but that distinct mug is most definitely unforgettable now.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by linzbh
^
Even Mr American Airlines himself has to admit that!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Possibly different guy

Last edited by pablol; Mar 15, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Meant to say I bumped into Liverpool legend Phil Thompson going through T5 North Security Fast Track on March 5th.

I suspect he is there fairly frequently after his Sky Sports Soccer Special appearances on a Saturday
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
I had to look this Neistat guy up. I am obviously a very legacy millennial to not know him but that distinct mug is most definitely unforgettable now.
Same here. To be honest I'm still not exactly sure what he's famous for?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by phol
Boy I feel old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Neistat
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by phol
This video is a good start to see the style:

Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by crazy8534
This video is a good start to see the style:

Free Business Class Upgrades, everytime
He's clearly a talented video maker, and no doubt makes a good living from it, but I think 'celebrity' is somewhat of an undue epithet.

One of my friends did much of the principal cinematography on the new Star Wars film, it doesn't mean he's a celebrity.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by opalfruit
I think 'celebrity' is somewhat of an undue epithet.
I'm no fan of the man, but:

- Celebrity is entirely relative.
- He has 2.4 million YouTube subscribers, and 420,000 Twitter followers (combined, that's little under double the daily circulation of, for example, the paper edition New York Times).
- \_(ツ)_/
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit
He's clearly a talented video maker, and no doubt makes a good living from it, but I think 'celebrity' is somewhat of an undue epithet.

One of my friends did much of the principal cinematography on the new Star Wars film, it doesn't mean he's a celebrity.
Yes, I like his videos and I like what I have seen of the man but I am under no illusion that what I think about who or who isn't a celebrity matters! I have long campaigned that we should convene a committee of the thread to assess all submissions before they are posted to ascertain their celebrity value.

I therefore humbly submit articles about him from:
1. The Wall Street Journal
2. The Independent

I think armouredant says it best:

Originally Posted by armouredant
- \_(ツ)_/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.