Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:49 pm

BA 173, London to New York 11.25
6th of December 2019

Crab and avocado ( Good ) Aubergine triangle with pea ( Delicious ) Cured ham with cream cheese in mini taco ( Meh )

Gambas. I liked this . Light and fresh.

Beef was in that typical ; a tad too 'well-done' state. But the accompanying marrow and toast made it wonderful. Intensely savoury!

A good and light dessert. Not too sweet. Like slices of 'Aero' sandwiching some chocolate mousse. The cherries gave it some tartness. (Beware ... slight problem, of some hard bits of inedible cherry kernel in amongst the sauce.)

This rates as one of the better and more satisfying meal experiences, I have had with BA this year!
orbitmic, simonkenyon and TTmex like this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
LHR-HKG CW December 2019

BA27 London to Hong Kong

Starters
  • Smoked salmon and trout, poached prawn,crushed avocado, celeriac salad
  • Cauliflower almond soup
Salad
  • Nicoise style vegetable salad served with Lemon olive dressing or Creamy honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Welsh lamb cutlet and braised lamb shoulder with polenta gratin, grilled vegetables
  • Sweet and sour pork with jasmine rice and sesame seeds
  • Truffle celeriac ravioli, butter thyme sauce and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
Dessert
  • Banana chocolate mousse
  • Caramelised upside down apple and hazelnut tart
  • Wookey Hole Cave aged cheddar, Sussex Camembert, Oxford Blue served with Apple and Pear Chutney
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
LHR to SAN in January in F. Nothing sounds particularly appetizing to me.

Seared fillet of Hereford beef, tarragon jus, carrot puree, caramelised onion

Pan fried stone bass, braised puy lentils, grilled fennel

Slow braised pork cheeks, cauliflower, girolles and toasted hazelnut

Ricotta black pepper ravioli, lovage pesto, charred leeks black olives
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Club World LHR-ORD Christmas Day

Starters
  • Chicken and ham hock terrine, celeriac remoulade, apple puree
  • Creamy burrata with orange marmalade, orange segments and pumpernickel
  • Cream of artichoke soup, pickled girolles and toasted hazelnuts
  • Fresh salad with quinoa, crunchy pumpkin shavings and preserved lemons served with Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing

Bakery
  • All Day Selection of Rolls

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef, gratin potatoes, savoy cabbage, roast garlic and thyme jus
  • A Traditional Christmas dish of roasted turkey, roasted potatoes ,chestnuts sprouts with rosemary jus
  • Stracciatella cheese and black truffle tortelloni, butternut squash puree, roasted chestnut

Desserts
  • Belgian chocolate torte
  • Seasonal fresh fruit
  • Warm Mince pie
  • Belton Farm Red Fox, Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and Quince Jelly
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Starters
  • Chicken and ham hock terrine, celeriac remoulade, apple puree
  • Creamy burrata with orange marmalade, orange segments and pumpernickel
  • Fresh salad with quinoa, crunchy pumpkin shavings and preserved lemons served with Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing

Bakery

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef, gratin potatoes, savoy cabbage, roast garlic and thyme jus
  • A Traditional Christmas dish of roasted turkey, roasted potatoes ,chestnuts sprouts with rosemary jus
  • Stracciatella cheese and black truffle tortelloni, butternut squash puree, roasted chestnut

Desserts
  • Seasonal fresh fruit
  • Warm Mince pie
  • Belton Farm Red Fox, Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and Quince Jelly
I have the same for LAX on 22nd. Not sure about the beef as usual, so may go for the turkey.

Starters and deserts sound good though,
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Does anyone remember if the Christmas turkey special is usually offered on flight to London on Christmas week? We're flying back that week and I wouldn't mind the turkey dish which I usually enjoy!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Varies
Club World In-flight menu
BA269 London to Los Angeles January 2020
See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters
Chicken and ham hock terrine, celeriac remoulade, apple puree
Creamy burrata with orange marmalade, orange segments and pumpernickel
Cream of artichoke soup, pickled girolles and toasted hazelnuts
Fresh salad with quinoa, crunchy pumpkin shavings and preserved lemons served with Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing

Bakery
All Day Selection of Rolls

Main
Seared fillet of British beef, gratin potatoes, savoy cabbage, roast garlic and thyme jus
Roasted corn fed chicken, Lyonnaise potatoes, sautéed sprouts with bacon and Madeira jus
Stracciatella cheese and black truffle tortelloni, butternut squash puree, roasted chestnut

Desserts
Belgian chocolate torte
Seasonal fresh fruit
Warm sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla crème Anglaise
Butlers Secret Cheddar,Cenarth Brie, Stilton served with Walnuts, biscuit and Sweet Apple Croxtron Chutney

I thought the CW menus had been given a bit of a kick up the backside? This Chicken or Beef or Pasta menu is fine for me; I have a lot of allergies and this looks like a plain, safe (dare I say dull) menu that should see me arriving safely in LAX - even if it's not very "Premium". However I feel sorry for my partner who a) likes fish and b) isn't keen on bland. Is there a special menu that would be guaranteed to be more interesting/exotic?

Eta, in retrospect I much prefer safety to exotic, and I'm sure my partner would prefer that too. If executed well, this will be fine for us.

Last edited by ttama; Dec 19, 2019 at 5:35 pm
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:04 am

BA143 Choices

Just had a look at the choices available for my flight in January, not very inspiring tbh.
Has anyone tried the pressed shoulder of lamb or is that a new addition to the menu?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
BA27 in F on December 30

These are my options:
  • Shanghainese pork belly, kailan, jasmine rice
  • Grilled fillet of Atlantic turbot, cauliflower mousseline, caper tomato and black olive butter
  • Hand made agnolotti with celeriac cream and crispy guanciale
  • Aubergine parmigiana, tomato, mozzarella, pine kernels and basil
Any suggestions? I expect I will go for the pork or turbot.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by johnaalex
These are my options:
  • Shanghainese pork belly, kailan, jasmine rice
  • Grilled fillet of Atlantic turbot, cauliflower mousseline, caper tomato and black olive butter
  • Hand made agnolotti with celeriac cream and crispy guanciale
  • Aubergine parmigiana, tomato, mozzarella, pine kernels and basil
Any suggestions? I expect I will go for the pork or turbot.
Would go for the turbot myself. I usually find the F fish dishes quite good (having said that my halibut last week was terrifyingly overcooked, but you can't win every time! )
johnaalex likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Would go for the turbot myself. I usually find the F fish dishes quite good (having said that my halibut last week was terrifyingly overcooked, but you can't win every time! )
Had halibut too yesterday and have to agree it was overcooked. Also presentation wise it didn’t look appealing either.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:57 pm

Deleted
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA107 London to Dubai 12:35 January 2020

Starters

• Chicken and smoked garlic terrine, celeriac remoulade, apple puree
  • Mezze plate: Avocado hummus with tahini, grilled aubergine pepper salad and kibbet batata with stuffed grapeleaves and Salamanca olives

Bakery

Main

• Roasted Arabic spiced neck of lamb with Kouzi Rice, pistachio, pine nuts, green bean tomato stew with a lamb pomegranate sauce
  • Roasted corn fed chicken, Lyonnaise potatoes, sauteed sprouts and thyme jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini, butternut squash puree and roasted chestnut

Desserts

• Seasonal fresh fruit
  • Warm sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla crème Anglaise
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar,Cenarth Brie, Stilton served with Walnuts, biscuit and Sweet Apple Croxtron Chutney
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ttama
Club World In-flight menu
BA269 London to Los Angeles January 2020
See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Main
Seared fillet of British beef, gratin potatoes, savoy cabbage, roast garlic and thyme jus
Roasted corn fed chicken, Lyonnaise potatoes, sautéed sprouts with bacon and Madeira jus
Stracciatella cheese and black truffle tortelloni, butternut squash puree, roasted chestnut

I thought the CW menus had been given a bit of a kick up the backside? This Chicken or Beef or Pasta menu is fine for me; I have a lot of allergies and this looks like a plain, safe (dare I say dull) menu that should see me arriving safely in LAX - even if it's not very "Premium". However I feel sorry for my partner who a) likes fish and b) isn't keen on bland. Is there a special menu that would be guaranteed to be more interesting/exotic?

Eta, in retrospect I much prefer safety to exotic, and I'm sure my partner would prefer that too. If executed well, this will be fine for us.
Yes. Quite. I’ve got those mains on my flight out of LHR this evening - ‘chicken or beef’ - I thought we’d moved on from this...
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bafan
Yes. Quite. I’ve got those mains on my flight out of LHR this evening - ‘chicken or beef’ - I thought we’d moved on from this...
On the routes taken over by Do&Co, in fairness, there is a bit more originality. For instance, my menu this week had a rather nice lamb cutlet and shoulder duo, and the pasta dish was also a bit more original (artichoke and truffle). They are due to take over from the current provider on other routes in 2020.

My complaint with the Do&Co menu on the other hand is that the afternoon snack which used to offer a nice salad or tapas plate alternative to sandwiches has now been (seemingly permanently) enhanced to the extremely tiresome and uninteresting band 1/2 choice of mediocre sandwiches or never changing and very unhealthy ploughman. In fairness, I have the same complaint on the European band 1/2 flights on which this is offered too - always the same with no exception. But it is also a great shame that this has now contaminated the long haul flights which used to have a nicer second meal when Do&Co took over at first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.