Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:22 am

LHR to BOM F late March

Pressed Shoulder of lamb tarragon jus, carrot purée and caramelised onion
Matar Paneer jeera pilau tamarind okra
Butter chicken in a rich tomato sauce with butter almond and spices with black lentil dam and pea pilau
Fillet of Halibut British crab bisque buttered samphire

Please can anybody advise me what to have - I presume the Lamb is braised, has anybody tried it? Thank you - I am veering towards either lamb chicken or fish? I normally go for the curries but they really kill the wines
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by LonTen

BA245 CW London to Buenos Aires in late March - I think the beef or curry.

Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with Burford hen's egg, dill crème fraiche and pumpernickel
  • Spiced Butternut squash soup with parmesan sourdough crouton
  • Fresh seasonal salad with artichokes, cherry tomatoes and Kalamata olives
I’d just like to say , for starters, go for the Spiced Butternut squash soup. It may sound simple but was delicious! Didn’t get the parmesan croutons but I didn’t mind.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Menu for Club World LHR-ORD in March. Any recs? May finally give BA a chance and go for the beef.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Menu for Club World LHR-ORD in March. Any recs? May finally give BA a chance and go for the beef.
Ah, the old chicken of beef conundrum. I had CW beef in January and it was nicely presented and perfectly edible if you don't mind your beef well-cooked and a tad chewy

I do find it disappointing that BA's starters are all meat-free these days, so I tend to choose the beef. However I imagine the balti would be the best tasting option.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
LHR to BOM F late March

Pressed Shoulder of lamb tarragon jus, carrot purée and caramelised onion
Matar Paneer jeera pilau tamarind okra
Butter chicken in a rich tomato sauce with butter almond and spices with black lentil dam and pea pilau
Fillet of Halibut British crab bisque buttered samphire

Please can anybody advise me what to have - I presume the Lamb is braised, has anybody tried it? Thank you - I am veering towards either lamb chicken or fish? I normally go for the curries but they really kill the wines
the chicken is a curry as is the paneer so it’s two of them. I’d personally choose the halibut over the lamb though the fish is sometimes overcooked and a bit dry.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
the chicken is a curry as is the paneer so it’s two of them. I’d personally choose the halibut over the lamb though the fish is sometimes overcooked and a bit dry.
Thank you I love the sound of the halibut but they do have a rather nice sounding claret which would kill the fish and be murdered by either curry! Hey ho I have a bit of time to cogitate
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:14 am

F to Tokyo end of March

Starters

• Sesame and chilli mayo lobster tartar, seared king fish, hamatschi on a truffle edamame cream, tofu and smoked daikon cream cheese
  • Wagyu beef carpaccio with ponzu dressing
  • Roasted pumpkin wedge, raz al hanout bulgur, pomegranate seeds
  • Chickpea harissa soup
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with Honey Mustard Dressing

Main

• Fillet of British beef, miso glazed bone marrow, toasted rye bread
  • Prawn and vegetable tempura with tendon sauce
  • Hand made agnolotti with celeriac cream and crispy guanciale
  • Aubergine parmigiana, tomato, mozzarella, pine kernels and basil

Desserts

• Layered aerated chocolate, truffle mousse and amarena cherries
  • Orange bread & butter pudding, brandy cream
  • Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate

• Blackstone Vintage Cheddar,Village Maid Waterloo Brie, Stitch in thyme” white late goats cheese, Brighton Blue Cheese served with Plum and Apple Chutney
——

Anyone knows how good tempura is? I imagine not very nice since it would be pre-cooked and just reheated.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
BA2155 London to Bridgetown (Barbados) March, First

Starters

Gloucester Old Spot ham hock terrine, garden pea salad, pork crackling, mint dressing

Scottish Gravadlax with orange and tarragon, pickled endive, Keta caviar, citrus dressing

Lemon Arrancini with Laverstock Park Mozzarella, cherry tomato and basil sauce, shaved Berkswell cheese

Chicken consommé Chicken dumplings and spring vegetables

Seasonal mixed leaf salad Spicy lemon vinaigrette or creamy honey mustard dressing

Main

Surrey Farm lamb loin, braised shoulder croquette, carrot purée, lamb jus

Butter poached halibut, Vermouth cream with Exmoor Caviar, sautéed girolle mushrooms

Norfolk Black free-range chicken suprême, loveage pesto, chicken jus

Roasted Jerusalem artichokes and baby carrots, braised Puy lentils, spiced coriander dressing

Desserts

Passion fruit tart with raspberry coulis and double cream

Sticky toffee pudding, poached dates, Butterscotch sauce and crème fraîche

Treleavens Cornish clotted cream ice cream, shortbread biscuits, strawberry compote, crushed meringue, fresh strawberries

Cheese Plate

Keens Cheddar, Stich In Thyme, Beauvale, Savoury biscuits, Pear Paste
Old Mar 1, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Had the same menu in January. The balti was really good
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:27 am

CW LHR-JFK April 1st:

In-flight menu

BA175 London to New York 09:40

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters
  • Prawns Armstrong
  • Caramelised beetroot, roasted fennel wedges, marinated barley salad, orange segments
  • Cauliflower almond soup
Salad
  • Nicoise style vegetable salad served with Lemon olive dressing or Creamy honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Grilled swordfish brochette, sauteed spinach, buttered saffron potatoes, roasted tomato and caper sauce
  • New style chicken 65 with fresh ginger basmati rice and spiced broccolini
  • Truffle celeriac ravioli, butter thyme sauce and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
Dessert
  • Milk chocolate mousse and toasted coconut
  • Caramelised upside down apple and hazelnut tart
  • Fresh watermelon with lime zest syrup
  • Wookey Hole Cave aged cheddar, Sussex Camembert, Oxford Blue served with Apple and Pear Chutney
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
Had the same menu in January. The balti was really good
TTmex what kind of veg was it if you remember? I assumed it would have been paneer base and not going to lie, I'm a tad picky when it comes to veg haha
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by superhoop
CW LHR-JFK April 1st:

In-flight menu

BA175 London to New York 09:40

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters
  • Prawns Armstrong
  • Caramelised beetroot, roasted fennel wedges, marinated barley salad, orange segments
  • Cauliflower almond soup
Salad
  • Nicoise style vegetable salad served with Lemon olive dressing or Creamy honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Grilled swordfish brochette, sauteed spinach, buttered saffron potatoes, roasted tomato and caper sauce
  • New style chicken 65 with fresh ginger basmati rice and spiced broccolini
  • Truffle celeriac ravioli, butter thyme sauce and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
Dessert
  • Milk chocolate mousse and toasted coconut
  • Caramelised upside down apple and hazelnut tart
  • Fresh watermelon with lime zest syrup
  • Wookey Hole Cave aged cheddar, Sussex Camembert, Oxford Blue served with Apple and Pear Chutney

Prawns AND nuts in two of the starters. They're trying to kill us all (those of us with allergies anyway).
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone had a chance to try the "New style chicken 65 with fresh ginger basmati rice and spiced broccolini" yet? Flying on Wednesday and currently have that picked over the lamb dish.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
TTmex what kind of veg was it if you remember? I assumed it would have been paneer base and not going to lie, I'm a tad picky when it comes to veg haha
Hi, here is a photo.

From what I could work out, on the side were some Okra or something similar. They were truly delicious.
The paneer sat on top of the curry and I seem to remember onion, cauliflower and some carrott or sweet potato or something like that. No mushrooms thankfully.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
MENU FOR F END OF MARCH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.