Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GK1981
Thanks orbitmic , that may well be my choice.

Does Austin fall into flight time for the second meal being Afternoon Tea?
Sadly yes, although it might be the "afternoon tea plus" where you have a choice between the sandwiches or a salad.

To my knowledge, the only destinations that escape the dreaded fate and have a second meal instead are West coast (SAN, LAX, SFO, SJC, SEA).

Incidentally, since we are at it. I did another of the dreaded 9am LHR-MIA in F. The combination of breakfast and afternoon tea was nothing short of vile (mixed grill was disgusting, roastbeef on the 'continental plate' had green hues, they ran out of freaking yoghurt, etc).

For the life of me, I just cannot understand why BA is able to offer a semblance of a brunch for main meal and tapas for second on short day JFK-LHR and BOS-LHR flights but cannot be arsed to have brunchy options on a 50% longer and later departing LHR-MIA.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
BA175 in F late December -

Grilled fillet of Heritage beef, homemade potato gnocchi with parmesan cream and sautéed wild mushrooms

Soy marinated North Atlantic cod, egg noodles and wok fried vegetables

Slow braised Wiltshire pork belly with creamed potato, broccolini and seasonal vegetables with thyme jus

Artichoke tortellini with a mushroom cream sauce, pecorino and wilted rocket

Medley of salads including couscous, marinated kale, quinoa and cucumber topped with warm supreme of Jerk chicken
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by teledude
How dangerous a psychopath do you need to be to even consider wilting rocket? Seriously?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by Castle25
We flew to Calgary in 24 Dec 2014 and there was a turkey main & Xmas pudding, Going again this year and hoping for the same
Menu available 28 days before travel for pre order.
CW Menu for LHR-Calgary 24th Dec
Seared fillet of British beef with sweet potato Royale, broccoli florets, tarragon and mushroom sauce

A traditional Christmas dish of roast turkey, pigs in blankets roasted potatoes, chestnuts sprouts with rosemary jus

Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce

Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon couscous and Espelette dressing
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA193 (F) LHR-DFW 23/12

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and madeira jus

A traditional Christmas dish of roast turkey, pigs in blankets roasted potatoes, chestnuts sprouts with rosemary jus

Seared fillets of sea bass with sherry puy lentils, wilted chard, salsify, and red wine fish sauce

Vegetable Keralan curry with cauliflower fry and steamed coriander rice

Main course salad of seared prawns with a super food salad and gazpacho dressing
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
BA 217 LHR-IAD 28/12 In F

Menu

Starters

-Duck rillette with smoked duck breast, kumquat confit, redcurrant gel, chestnut and cranberry salad
-Shepherds purse fettle beignets, beetroot, artichoke, black olives and cucumber salad with piccalilli purée
-Roast pumpkin sweet potato and ginger soup
-Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil with aged balsamic dressing or honey mustard dressing

Main

-Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and madeira jus
-Seared fillets of sea bass with sherry puy lentils, wilted chard, salsify, and red wine fish sauce
-Chicken and leek pie with mustard mash, blanched buttered cabbage, green beans and grain mustard beurre blanc sauce
-Vegetable Keralan curry with cauliflower fry and steamed coriander rice
-Main course salad of seared prawns with a super food salad and gazpacho dressing

Desserts

-Salted caramel brownie and profiterole slice
-Apple and brioche pudding
-Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

-Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese
-Wensleydale Blue
-Somerset Camembert
-Vintage Gouda
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by FCO36

Menu

-Main course salad of seared prawns with a super food salad and gazpacho dressing
Anyone had this? What exactly is the salad?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Novice question, please. I thought - maybe wrongly - that CW and F had always different meals?

I ask because I saw that this course is listed in F and CW menu as well?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lefly
Novice question, please. I thought - maybe wrongly - that CW and F had always different meals?

I ask because I saw that this course is listed in F and CW menu as well?
That is indeed the annual exception! In fairness a few other dishes can also be very similar in J and F.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by orbitmic
That is indeed the annual exception! In fairness a few other dishes can also be very similar in J and F.
Good to know, thanks!
Do you think, or anyone think, that can be a good one to choose?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Good to know, thanks!

Not if you are seated next to me!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Good to know, thanks!
Yes, I usually quite like the Christmas turkey main, especially in CW (in F, some other dishes may be better, in J it is unlikely). I had it last year with pleasure.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Exec. Club Bronze
Originally Posted by teledude
BA175 in F late December -

Grilled fillet of Heritage beef, homemade potato gnocchi with parmesan cream and sautéed wild mushrooms

Soy marinated North Atlantic cod, egg noodles and wok fried vegetables

Slow braised Wiltshire pork belly with creamed potato, broccolini and seasonal vegetables with thyme jus

Medley of salads including couscous, marinated kale, quinoa and cucumber topped with warm supreme of Jerk chicken
can confirm. in WTP however, it is just the first two options, beef and cod. A-L
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec. Club Bronze
May I ask a question about preordering here? Do tell me if it is the wrong place.

Do you know of it ever happening that you order your choice and the menu is changed once you are on the flight? Many thanks, A-L
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Exactly same menu Lhr Jnb 9 Dec

Originally Posted by FCO36
Exactly the same menu on LHR JNB 9 Dec

Menu

Starters

-Duck rillette with smoked duck breast, kumquat confit, redcurrant gel, chestnut and cranberry salad
-Shepherds purse fettle beignets, beetroot, artichoke, black olives and cucumber salad with piccalilli purée
-Roast pumpkin sweet potato and ginger soup
-Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil with aged balsamic dressing or honey mustard dressing

Main

-Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and madeira jus
-Seared fillets of sea bass with sherry puy lentils, wilted chard, salsify, and red wine fish sauce
-Chicken and leek pie with mustard mash, blanched buttered cabbage, green beans and grain mustard beurre blanc sauce
-Vegetable Keralan curry with cauliflower fry and steamed coriander rice

Desserts

-Salted caramel brownie and profiterole slice
-Apple and brioche pudding
-Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

-Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese
-Wensleydale Blue
-Somerset Camembert
-Vintage Gouda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.