Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:42 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Physci
From 9 Dec to now I have earnt 1,560 TPs so by my reckoning that should qualify me for Gold this year and next year, or will BA just treat this as a "renewal" [...]?
Now that you have earned 1500+ TPs in your current collection year, i.e. from 9 November onwards, you will (once BA has processed the change) be Gold for the remainder of this membership year and for the membership year following (until 31 December 2018).
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
2) Some airlines in oneworld are slow to credit, notably MH and LAN. We're talking weeks here. If necessary if that happens over your calendar year, you may need to call BAEC if your status doesn't update in time before your TPs are re-set to zero.
Recently after the emerge between LAN and TAM, (LATAM) the crediting time for BAEC is done every Friday.
Qatar Airways every Wednesday.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Sorry but can I ask ??

it says u need 25 flights to get bronze and 50 flights to silver .. these are in any class?

is there a flights number for gold ??

Thanks ..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by timeport4
Sorry but can I ask ??

it says u need 25 flights to get bronze and 50 flights to silver .. these are in any class?
Any eligible flight indeed (no avios flights).

Originally Posted by timeport4
is there a flights number for gold ??

Thanks ..
No, only TPs can get you there.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
thanks
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
My mother is gold, but has only earned enough TPs for silver this year. Her membership year ends mid April, but her card expiry date is stated to be 31 May. Will she be able to access GF in May? Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: ba gold
Originally Posted by jlsw7
My mother is gold, but has only earned enough TPs for silver this year. Her membership year ends mid April, but her card expiry date is stated to be 31 May. Will she be able to access GF in May? Thanks
yes she is gold until her card expiry date
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC
I recently dropped from silver to bronze. My memebership year ended 8/2 but my silver card is valid till 31/3.
A couple of weeks ago I booked an HBO fare through my corporate travel agent. Immediately after booking, I want on my phone app and was able to choose my seat. I was curious if it would stick having lost my Silver status.
So I went back to check, using the website this time: the seat selection was retained but changing it again would require payment.
Then finally, when I got to OLCI it turns out my seat selection had been automatically modified. So I'm curious and wondering:
- Should I have been allowed to select my seat in the first place?
- If yes, why did it the system change it last minute? The seta change didn't bother me: although I was switched from Aisle to Window I was moved 2 rows forward and had no seating next to me in the middle seat (theoratical seating at work?)

After booking I also selected the seat for my return leg.. So far it sticks but I now expect it to have changed at OLCI...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:53 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Kruisler
I recently dropped from silver to bronze. My memebership year ended 8/2 but my silver card is valid till 31/3.
A couple of weeks ago I booked an HBO fare through my corporate travel agent. Immediately after booking, I want on my phone app and was able to choose my seat. I was curious if it would stick having lost my Silver status.
So I went back to check, using the website this time: the seat selection was retained but changing it again would require payment.
Then finally, when I got to OLCI it turns out my seat selection had been automatically modified. So I'm curious and wondering:
- If yes, why did it the system change it last minute? The seta change didn't bother me: although I was switched from Aisle to Window I was moved 2 rows forward and had no seating next to me in the middle seat (theoratical seating at work?)

After booking I also selected the seat for my return leg.. So far it sticks but I now expect it to have changed at OLCI...
If your card expires 31 March 2017, you have not recently dropped from Silver to Bronze. You are still Silver and you can still select seats on non-HBO fares for free.

Nobody can select seats on HBO fares (except at selected airport check-in machines within 24 hours of departure), so it is an IT error that you were allowed to select any seats at all, unless your corporate agent has some sort of arrangement with BA that lets you do that.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for this useful thread. I'm currently a lowly bronze trying to deduce what I need to do to hit silver.

Under 'progress to silver' My BA app shows that I have 595 TP so need 5 TP to progress.

For flights it says I've done 2/4 flights needed to progress. Under that it says I've completed 7/50 eligible flights.

I have flights with Malaysia Airlines in July which I was hoping would give me the TP I need (booking class L & N)

So do I need another 2 BA metal flights in order to get silver? I don't understand why it says I've only done 2/4 when I've done 7 BA flights this TP year?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The App has a strange way of portraying Eligible flights, have a look on the main BA.com site and My Executive Club page, that should be clearer. If the 7 flights were all revenue flights then you should be fine, but redemption flights won't count here.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you! Just logged in and it says to progress I need 5TP OR 43 flights so looks all good.

Will i I definitely get st least 5 TP on my Malaysia flights?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: ba gold
Originally Posted by Kruisler

did you select the seats before the ta issued the ticket?
if yes my guess is that when you selected the seats the computer has no way of knowing if you are ticketing it as HBO or Plus since the same fare codes are used so it let you select but once IT catches up by checkin as that's when the computer generates a seat for HBO it gives the selected HBO seats
Old May 31, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
quick question, flights taken on the 8th count towards previous year or new year (i.e. does it reset at 00.01 on the 8th or 23.59 on the 8th (ish of course)).

tada.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by chris1979
quick question, flights taken on the 8th count towards previous year or new year (i.e. does it reset at 00.01 on the 8th or 23.59 on the 8th (ish of course)).

tada.
Looking at my last reset, the points went back to zero on the 9th so I would be comfortable in saying flights taken on the 8th go towards the previous years totals and the 9th towards the new year. (So 23.59)

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.